NEurope
Phube

Football Season 2015/16

Yeh.. I had a feeling this was going to happen today, too :hmm:

Fair play to them, though. They kept up with our pace, pressed us and defended well. Just a shame about our own goal and then the one that was disallowed. Crazy sport! :D

I didn't see it.. only the result, unfortunately :hmm: Hopefully we'll have a good festive period and put this behind us :smile:

Cameron Borthwick-Jackson on for Darmian.

Carrick on for Schweinsteigar (I kinda get this one)

NICK POWELL on for Juan Mata.

Nick Powell. I thought we'd loaned him out. Honest to god. We're 2-1 down and going out of the Champions League and this is who we bring on.

We need pace, let's bring on Januzaj. Oh no, we loaned him out for no reason. To Dortmund. Let's try a young striker. How about that Wilson bloke? Nope, he's on loan, too. It's not like we're short on strikers or pace up front.

We're paying for some of Van Gaal's stupid decisions. We should have gone all out against PSV. We should have been more sensible when looking at options up front. I think the tide is turning now and the fans will start to turn against Van Gaal. They're already losing faith. They're not buying into his brand of football and we don't really get what he's trying to do. I'm looking at the team right now and can't believe that he's kept Fellaini on and taken Mata off when it was Mata who set up the goal!

Yaay, the "big four" are still playing midweek games... Is this THE year?!

Interesting last round of the CL. Arsenal did it!

I'm not gonna pretend I knew they would but it was never as unlikely as people made out after their Munich defeat. Well done gooners. Also nice to see Chelsea and City top the group (Juve really stuffed that one up)

But what happened to Man U? The fuck? That was not a difficult group. They should be winning it by some margin, not dropping out. Always thought Van Gaal would prove himself to be the right man there but with the absence of goals, pedestrian play, weird squad choices and now this...as Flink says the tide may turn.

Other highlights from the CL: Gent! What an underdog story that is. First time ever in CL straight to the R16. Also that Barcelona group, Roma qualify with 6 points. Surely every group winner will be hoping for them.

Never in doubt. Now to get knocked out by Barcelona in the next round!

Nah, we'll get Zenit or Wolfsburg and fuck it up in a spectacular, typical Arsenal fashion again!

On away goals.

With Giroud doing his best Bendtner impression and missing a sitter late on that would send us through!

I don't think Man United are going to finish in the top four, wouldn't be surprised if they missed out on Europe altogether.

I have absolutely no faith in Louis van Gaal left. It's not just the results but his philosophy as well - never getting off his seat during a game, ridiculous substitutions, etc. If he has another couple of dodgy games then I wouldn't be surprised if he's sacked before Christmas/New Year.

Easy victory for Bournemouth. They outplayed us.

I can take the not-winning part of football. The not-caring part is the part that fucks me right off. The team are on a bad run, they're not scoring goals and they don't look like they know what they're doing. The least you can do as a manager is get off your arse and give some instructions to the players. All this bullshit about not being able to influence the game when the players step over that white line is wrong.

Tide has turned. Can't see Van Gaal lasting the season.

I am OK with today, we have to many injuries and actually on.positions we are well covered, but 6 defenders and 3 CM, there has to be a problem. We did have chances, but we just can't score.

The only criticism.on LVG now is Fellaini as CM, as he.just can't play it.....

I am OK with today, we have to many injuries and actually on.positions we are well covered, but 6 defenders and 3 CM, there has to be a problem. We did have chances, but we just can't score.

The only criticism.on LVG now is Fellaini as CM, as he.just can't play it.....

Imagine if he'd had £1/2 billion to have strengthened since he's been there!

Fun fact: Leicester City have spent more days at the top of the Premier League (17) than Man U have since Van Gal's been there (10)!

Ps. and glory supporter wanting to jump ship, LCFC is closer to the home counties! ;)

Imagine if he'd had £1/2 billion to have strengthened since he's been there!

Fun fact: Leicester City have spent more days at the top of the Premier League (17) than Man U have since Van Gal's been there (10)!

Ps. and glory supporter wanting to jump ship, LCFC is closer to the home counties! ;)

Ah, here come the haters. :)

I had tons of this yesterday. I always find it really cute when fans would prefer to talk about United rather than the merits of their own team.

Ah, here come the haters. :)

I had tons of this yesterday. I always find it really cute when fans would prefer to talk about United rather than the merits of their own team.

I'm not really a Man U hater, I actually used to like them. But Van Gaal really just... urgh!!

I'm just gutted Smalling played against us...

The whole 'we had injuries' argument is a bit redundant but half of Bournemouth's team has been wiped out through injuries. I really hope they stay up - they play for their manager and completely buy into his philosophy. I don't think the United players know what LvG wants them to do half the time.

The whole 'we had injuries' argument is a bit redundant but half of Bournemouth's team has been wiped out through injuries. I really hope they stay up - they play for their manager and completely buy into his philosophy. I don't think the United players know what LvG wants them to do half the time.

I don't think LvG knows what he wants them to do either.

Yeah, but look at the goals we conceded, it was a joke.... Just look at the defence, together less then 30 games in the Prem in these positions, 2 players who played about 300min combined till now. Two substitues, the only one we had really avaiable, have also about 200min of Prem football between them. Half of the team were basicly junior players.

And as I have said, Fellaini is a huge problem and that's LVG-s mistake most of the time.

When it comes to money, we didn't just buy 10 players, we have sold more, so when you spend 200m on 6-7 players, but they all get injured, it doesn't matter how much they have cost us, they are not avaiable.

LVG is a part of the problem, especially as he didn't leave some of the more experience players who were ready to come of the bench, but it's not only him.

Last season for more then half of the season we had only 2, max 3 new players avaiable, so we actually had a weaker team as we had to play old players and reserve players. Also, we didn't just buy players to strenghten, we had to get players beacause other players have left (three defenders) so we had to buy someone just to have numbers.

Depay, Martial and Shaw did cost us for now 85m pounds, but one is injured and two are kids who are not ready yet and will be ready (I hope) in a year or two..... It's the aproach LVG took as he couldn't get better players (either already WC or potentialy WC) and it will cost us a lot of points but I can accept that.

Btw. we actually had 11 players injured, but I don't count Rooney :D, while I didn't know Young is injured.

Phew! We managed to salvage a point! On the plus side, at least Lovern got injured! :D

The Toon doing Spurs over....have they finally found a system that works for them?

The Toon doing Spurs over....have they finally found a system that works for them?

Yup, be live on TV! Simples!

Not sure if I want Leicester to pile on the misery tomorrow or drop points so we stay top. Bore draw will do please.