NEurope
Phube

Football Season 2015/16

He was at fault for the goal against Scotland,

I'm pretty sure that was Joubert...

No doubt in my mind Neuer is the best GK in the world. He takes risks but he mostly comes out on top. :p

Mostly, but when he doesn't it's a mistake that virtually no other keeper in the world would make purely because no other keeper is as adventurous.

I have only watched Chelsea a couple of times this season, seriously, what is going on? Are they just under performing?

I missed Match of the Day last night. What was the Chelsea performance like? Were they hard done by or genuinely shite?

I feel no sympathy.

Hey guys, I didn't see the Chelsea performance yesterday, but what is happening to them? Can someone sum up in a few hundred words?

They were unlucky in that they had the most marginal goal-line technology call ever - the ball was 99% over the line, then Fabregas was flagged offside when he was probably just about level.

Other than that they were just shite.

Hey guys, I didn't see the Chelsea performance yesterday, but what is happening to them? Can someone sum up in a few hundred words?

Lost it. :bowdown:

Maybe we can sum up Chelsea's season in a Haiku.

Three wins from ten games.

The performances are lame.

Jose is to blame?

Edited by Fierce_LiNk

Tim Sherwood has left Aston Villa. No surprise really.

I feel sorry for him. Yes, the results haven't been good, but you can't sell a manager's best players (Benteke and Delph) and then expect him to improve on last year's league position. The Villa squad (Grealish aside) is pretty shit.

I feel sorry for him. Yes, the results haven't been good, but you can't sell a manager's best players (Benteke and Delph) and then expect him to improve on last year's league position. The Villa squad (Grealish aside) is pretty shit.

Grealish is pretty shite. Typical young lad overhype.

Whoever thought of putting that £8 million release clause in Delph's contract is the real fool at Villa, I mean they could easily have got triple that at the moment in time he made the move to City. Villa are a team on the decline, imagine if we get another Portsmouth or Blackpool story a couple of years down the line, bottom of the league now and don't look like a team who can save themselves, I don't think any manager could save them.

Grealish is pretty shite. Typical young lad overhype.

He's not shite at all. Not a world class player obviously, but a good player who would do fine at a mid-table club.

The derby was shite. So defensive, especially from City. There was so little pressure on the ball and hardly any chances. Think we had the best two late in the second half. Considering we both had Champions League games, I guess it's to be expected that the match wouldn't be played at a high tempo. But, quite disappointed. The only player who looked like he wanted to win today was Martial. All the rest just didn't want to lose.

Really? The guy is one of the most unbearable people in football. Absolutely detest the smug bastard. And he's utterly useless. Embarrassing in interviews. Hated him for Spurs, so obviously staggeringly inept. He should've got villa relegated last season, I tipped them to be relegated this season because I knew how useless he was.

Also slurs play them next. We've just played Liverpool. What's with us facing new managers? We have Chelsea in a couple of weeks too :)

Great win for Spurs. Haven't lost since the first gsme of the season (and unlucky then too). Quietly going about things and doing pretty well.

The problem with Chelsea is that we're a split second behind the play, mentally. We're reacting to play as opposed to anticipating it. We're not going in for 50/50's and not reacting to a ball that breaks from play, as a result we're off the pace.

It's ill preparation on both the players and thus the managers part.

Really? The guy is one of the most unbearable people in football. Absolutely detest the smug bastard. And he's utterly useless. Embarrassing in interviews. Hated him for Spurs, so obviously staggeringly inept. He should've got villa relegated last season, I tipped them to be relegated this season because I knew how useless he was.

Also slurs play them next. We've just played Liverpool. What's with us facing new managers? We have Chelsea in a couple of weeks too :)

Great win for Spurs. Haven't lost since the first gsme of the season (and unlucky then too). Quietly going about things and doing pretty well.

He had a better win record at Spurs than a lot of your other managers.

Tim Sherwood 59%

Andre Villas-Boas 53.7%

Harry Redknapp 49.3%

Juane Ramos 28.57%

He had a better win record at Spurs than a lot of your other managers.

Tim Sherwood 59%

Andre Villas-Boas 53.7%

Harry Redknapp 49.3%

Juane Ramos 28.57%

He also played a lot less, and win isn't points total. And it's immaterial. He was an awful awful manager, clearly clueless, add to the being one of the most vile men in his interviews and such. Plus being poison behind the scenes.

Whats happened at Villa isn't a surprise.

Eh, I think you're being very harsh on him there. The other Spurs fans that I know seem to like the guy. He's honest and at least he tried to get Spurs playing attacking football with younger players. A bit too gung-ho, but you may as well have a go.

As for the poison comment in your other post: Lol. As if he had to do anything to make Spurs poisonous behind the scenes. Things were a mess both before and after AVB, with AVB making it clear that a lot of money (the Bale money) was spent on players that he didn't particularly want or ask for. Things were already poisonous. That's not even including the manner of Redknapp's exit from Spurs and the subsequent decline of the club since then.

Villa are in a mess and have been in dire need of sorting out for a long time. Again, before Sherwood even arrived at the club. If they go down, it won't be because of him. You can sell a striker of Benteke's quality and let a player like Delph go and then wonder why you aren't winning games, especially if there are no replacements either there or lined up.

The more I see Liverpool at the moment, the more I start to wonder if we actually held onto Brendan Rodgers for too long :hmm:

I really like Klopp's attitude so far and his realism about the situation he has entered into, though, so hopefully we'll start to see the benefits of that enthusiasm in the months to come. It's only October and the 2015/2016 season already seems like a write-off.. almost :blank:

The more I see Liverpool at the moment, the more I start to wonder if we actually held onto Brendan Rodgers for too long :hmm:

I really like Klopp's attitude so far and his realism about the situation he has entered into, though, so hopefully we'll start to see the benefits of that enthusiasm in the months to come. It's only October and the 2015/2016 season already seems like a write-off.. almost :blank:

I've already wrote our season off. Until Klopp gets the players he wants in, I think we will remain highly average.

I do think our work rate has improved since his arrival, though. I think it was Clyne who gave the ball away late in the game but he sprinted all the way back and got in one hell of a tackle. Milner was again an absolute machine. I've always praised his work rate and he seems like a good fit for how Klopp wants to play.

I loved Klopp's reaction when we scored. It's nice to have a manager who shows that kind of passion for the game.

Milner was again an absolute machine. I've always praised his work rate and he seems like a good fit for how Klopp wants to play.

Milner is a quality player. People always write him off because he doesn't particularly excel in any one area but he's such a great all-rounder. He'd be a great player for any top club in the Premier League.

Milner was garbage yesterday, offered nothing out wide. Yeah he's a hard worker and is a good player, but he was disappointing.

Milner was garbage yesterday, offered nothing out wide. Yeah he's a hard worker and is a good player, but he was disappointing.

Wasn't it his cross that got us the goal?

EDIT: Saying that, it was his foul that led to theirs. :D

Edited by Hero-of-Time

Milner's the type of player most teams need - that workhorse who you know will give 100% every single time, regardless of the team's overall performance. He would look better if anyone else around him was performing, which unfortunately isn't really happening for Liverpool at the moment. I think Klopp is a terrific manager, I just hope that Liverpool fans and board give him the time to buy run the players and get the team playing the style he wants.

Nacho Monreal has created more chances and has had more key passes than Coutinho this season. :p

nacho.jpg