NEurope
Phube

Football Season 2015/16

Don't condone the stadium damage, but don't act holier than thou. You lot trash the Emirates every time. You set the bogs in fire once! There was no Auschwitz chants, I've never heard an Arsenal auschwitz chant. The hissing was shushing because your lot were quiet. Hence the 'Is this the Emirates?' chant afterwards.

You didn't outplay us. You may have had more possession but I'd say we had more chances at goal. It was a fairly even contest of mainly second string players.

Going to White Hart Lane on a school night as an Arsenal fan is the biggest throw back to 80s football you can get. Not for the feint hearted.

Yeah it was weird, took my nephews who were pretty scared! It's the one thing that irritates me about football, why some people are so aggressive and violent!!

I've known my flatmate 4 years now, he's a Newcastle fan... since meeting him we've won 1 point at St James' Park!

Bogey Team.

Sorry Phube, all good things come to an end. If your boys could defend you'd have troubled us.

Sorry Phube, all good things come to an end. If your boys could defend you'd have troubled us.

Well I knew we couldn't defend, just a shame Sanchez found his shooting boots!! Good game though! If only the cross bar header had gone in...

You could have been 3-0 up before we had a sniff. I like what Ranieri is doing at Leicester, I think you'll have a good season.

I've always liked Ranieri. So rare nowadays to see a manager conduct a post-match interview with a smile on his face and good manners, especially after a bad defeat.

Same here. Troubling times at Chelsea, so many underperformers this season!

Wenger logic. Buy £10M keeper and bench him for the games you fought all last season to be involved in.

Absolutely dreadful. The time has finally come for Wenger to go. His tactics just don't work anymore. Every single team knows how to play against us.

Klopp and Ancellotti are available (Ancelotti possibly not until the summer) and both would be great. We could probably even tempt Simeone from Atletico. Fuck, even Hennes would be an improvement.

If the Manchester clubs don't win tonight then something very wrong has happened to the *cough* Bestleagueintheworld *cough*.

Both teams lost because of shite defending, the goals Arsenal and Chelsea conceded were criminal and wouldn't have happened in seasons gone by.

Well they both managed to win last night, but more shite defending from City in particular whom had Joe Hart to thank, made so many important saves including a penalty. I think the Premier League teams need to sort out their foundations, the defenses are so fragile when compared to the top teams around Europe.

If the Manchester clubs don't win tonight then something very wrong has happened to the *cough* Bestleagueintheworld *cough*.

Both teams lost because of shite defending, the goals Arsenal and Chelsea conceded were criminal and wouldn't have happened in seasons gone by.

Who actually calls it the best league in the world other than pundits who are paid to big it up?

People love spouting out that line when things aren't going well for English teams yet none of the actual fans think it is the best league in the world.

Another standard week in the Prem:

Leicester win, but don't keep a clean sheet!

Man City are ludicrously inconsistent!

West Ham fail to beat a 'small' team!

Sherwood disappoints!

West Brom are boring!

And Chelsea are just embarrassing themselves!

Who actually calls it the best league in the world other than pundits who are paid to big it up?

People love spouting out that line when things aren't going well for English teams yet none of the actual fans think it is the best league in the world.

I think it is the best league in the world, by some distance. But people seem to be getting co fused with best team squalling having the best few teams. No. It's the best league, pretty much every single game is competitive in our league. That's why it's so interesting and exciting. Also, it being so difficult I think makes it far far harder for our teams in Europe, because they can't rest and rotate as much, much more of a battle, no easy games etc. I don't think we have very good times either at the minute. But just bizarre how when we do bad in Europe people always say supposed to be the best league in the world... When they're not related in my eyes.

Typically it's the one week I didn't put Aguero as my captain for fantasy league. GRRRRRRRR.

Great to see Chelsea continue being so shit. Arsenal really need a result tomorrow against Man U.

There's a difference between best and most exciting. It's an exciting league, but not the best.

Arsenal have played really well, deserve the victory and have made the most of their chances. So, well done to them.

But, we should record this performance and store it in a library or archive somewhere and file it under "How not to play away from home" or "How not to stage a comeback in the Premier League."

Utterly awful stuff from United. We're three-nil down, why aren't we at least trying to go for it. Hardly any shots or chances of note, no penetration down the wings and players aren't closing down or moving the ball quickly. There was this hilariously turgid moment in the second half where we were stroking the ball around the backline and Arsenal closed us down before De Gea walloped it out of play...why?! Why are we playing like that? Get the fucking ball in the opponent's box or around it and shoot on fucking sight.

If Rooney was foreign, he wouldn't be at this club anymore. He should have been dropped before this game based on previous performances and should be subbed off by now anyway. The only reason he's at the club is because he's English and somehow is Captain of Club and Country. He's had one good performance all season. Not looking for a scapegoat, but we're already slow as shit and playing away from home against difficult opposition in good form, so we can't afford to be carrying passengers and Rooney is the dictionary definition of a passenger. I'm disappointed that Van Gaal hasn't dropped him because I thought he would have the balls to do that. I don't care if Rooney throws a paddy and strops and throws his toys out; if you don't play well, you shouldn't be picked.

Edited by Fierce_LiNk

Ancelotti for me, he's incredible. I'd love Klopp as well. If it isn't one of them I'll be gutted. :p

What a fantastic weekend of football. Unless your name is Brendan.

Ancelotti for me, he's incredible. I'd love Klopp as well. If it isn't one of them I'll be gutted. :p

What about re-living the glory years and inviting Roy Hodgson back to the club? ;)

What about re-living the glory years and inviting Roy Hodgson back to the club? ;)

TSwift-Crying-9.gif

Please don't.:p

As poor as Liverpool have been for the last few months in particular, the grass won't necessarily be greener with a new manager. I had been hoping that Brendan would somehow get us going but given that it didn't look like happening, the time is probably right to try a different direction.

On the one hand, the prospect of change can be exciting but there's also that fear that we'll have to listen to this whole 'rebuilding' malarky that we've been hearing for years now :hmm:

Jamie Carragher probably called it right today when he said that Liverpool are becoming Tottenham :blank: We think we're a really big club, but.. you know.. ::shrug: