NEurope
Phube

Football Season 2015/16

He doesn't really have a big squad though. Who do you drop and bring in?

Now you bring it up, it's hard to see what established options he has if any. It may be a risk, but he got to play some of his young fringe players. Hazard is a shadow of the player that was being touted in the bracket of Messi and Ronaldo last season.

Well this Man U v Liverpool match is pretty damn crap so far...

Yup, boring as hell. Standard Pool these days, though. :(

Hopefully that goal will spark the game up a bit.

It's worrying when you think any goal is a good thing, even the oppositions.

Much better second half, couldn't have been any worse I suppose :heh:

Welcome to Old Trafford Anthony Martial!

The game exploded into life, ey? If Daley Blind hadn't scored then it might have faded into a forgetful 0-0 but the Benteke bicycle kick and Martials solo goal pretty much gurantees that match will be first on Match of the Day tonight. Brendan Rodgers, you are on thin ice, apart from Benteke's goal Liverpool were crap throughout.

Edited by Emerald Emblem

He doesn't really have a big squad though. Who do you drop and bring in?

Drop Ivanovic and Fabregas. They're the biggest underperformers. Switch Azpilicueta to right back (his actual position) with this Rahman on the left and put Zouma in defensive mid next to Matic as a foil as Matic isn't playing too well either and needs some help. As the 3 ahead of them he could use any of Hazard, Pedro, Oscar or Willian... maybe even Ramires.

Or, use some younger players as Emerald says, Loftus-Cheek could do a job.

Edited by Kav

A slightly unusual game from us, but the performance was pretty much what I expected. It was quite funny, I was watching the game with a few friends and I said that we'd struggle to create (which we did), that we needed much more up front (which we did) but that I didn't think Liverpool would have enough to break us down (which they didn't).

The best bit however was right before we scored. I said that the only way we'd score in this game is from a corner or free kick and it'll be a goal from someone like Smalling or Blind. Less than a minute later, that's how our goal came. We played much better in the second half than the first. Possession football isn't our thing at all. It needs to be attacking football, forward passes and with the ball being used for crossing, dribbling, passing and shooting. We don't take enough shots or enough in good positions.

Martial's goal was great but Benteke had the goal of the game. Schweinsteigar was the best player on the pitch for me, absolutely everywhere. Been a long time since I saw a midfielder perform like that for us. Thought him and Blind were immense.

If we hadn't been robbed against Liverpool I'd be fairly chuffed with how we've turned things around since West Ham. Whilst still playing relatively poor football. Although today we were class, should have scored at least four.

Rodgers needs to play 4-4-2 for Norwich and Villa. If they drop points in those games he'll be under big pressure, but Benteke is too isolated at the moment.

Ings deserves a proper shot playing behind him.

He needs to do something, because it just aint working at the moment.

Starting Ings out wide is a joke, while Ibe and Origi are on the bench and we have just sent a £20mil winger out on loan.

The Leicester train plows on @Phube, that was a great comeback that looked as though it wasn't going to happen. Amazing bravery by Dyer to win that winning header.

The Leicester train plows on @Phube, that was a great comeback that looked as though it wasn't going to happen. Amazing bravery by Dyer to win that winning header.

I'm still in shock! Amazing come back (again), and Dyer was brilliant in his first game for us on loan!

Champion's League here we come!

Mental how badly Chelsea are doing, what on earth has happened to them?

Think we should get our first win of the season tomorrow. If we do then it drops Chelsea into the relegation zone :D

Luke Shaw has almost certainly broken his leg in today's game against PSV. From the knee downwards, his leg was facing completely the wrong direction. :(

Doubt we'll see him again this season. Looked fucking horrible. Completely gutted. He's looked utterly fantastic this season, too.

Player who hacked Shaw down to break his leg ends up scoring the equaliser and Rojo (Shaw's substitute) gets caught under the ball for their winner.

What a way to kick you when you're down.

Van Gaal's record at United is now worse than David Moyes' and he's spent 5 times more money than Moyes.

In other news, Chelsea are still shit this season... yes, I know, haha.

Luke Shaw has almost certainly broken his leg in today's game against PSV. From the knee downwards, his leg was facing completely the wrong direction. :(

Doubt we'll see him again this season. Looked fucking horrible. Completely gutted. He's looked utterly fantastic this season, too.

Feel so bad for Shaw, it was just as he had broken into the team and playing really well. That's most likely him out for the season, unfortunately, he's also likely to miss the Euros. Realistically, it will be between 200-300 days out + time to get back to full fitness. Aaron Ramsay had a season on loan following his leg break at a similar age to allow him some game time.

BBC broke it down really well:

194 days: England play Germany in a friendly (26 March, 2016)

212 days: Henrik Larsson's recovery time after a double leg break

218 days: Bryan Oviedo's recovery time after a double leg break

243 days: Final day of the Premier League season (15 May, 2016)

250 days: FA Cup final (21 May, 2016)

252 days: Aaron Ramsey's recovery time after a double leg break

269 days: Euro 2016 begins in France (10 June, 2016)

296 days: Eduardo's recovery time after a double leg break

299 days: Euro 2016 final (10 July, 2016)

As strange as it may seem, I think that recovery times are only going to get quicker and quicker, so I'd expect him to be on the earlier side of that scale.

I think more of it is the mental recovery, it differers with everyone. Larsson seemed to finished where he left off on his return, barely missed a beat. Ramsey took a long time to come good (though it could be argued he was young when it happened and it stunted his development) and Eduardo was never the same player again.

I have a work colleague who suffered a similar double-fracture during football. He was out of work for 2 months but he also suffered compartment syndrome which almost cost him his leg. I'm not an expert but my impression is David Bust (back in 96?) got his leg snapped and the compartment syndrome fucked him up... but medical stuff these days is so much better. But still it's a massiv deal. Luke Shaw encountered a potentially career-ending situation. I hope he can recover the same as others listed above.

Diego Costa is a cunt. End of.

Total twat. He gets away with shit like this week in week out. He needs to be banned for this.