NEurope
Phube

Football Season 2015/16

It's a good deal in the sense that he only had a year left on his contract and we would 100% lose him for nothing next year had we kept him for this season.

It's a shite deal because he's the best keeper in the world and is easily worth double that value.

I don't know where I stand with Navas. Never really watched him so I can't judge if he's a good keeper or not. He's probably better than Romero, though. Lloris would be my number 1 choice but Spurs won't sell this late and we won't go for him if we get Navas as part of the De Gea deal.

I think most United fans would be happy with Navas, even if it's only for a few seasons before we line up the next replacement.

So...I guess that it's an okay-ish deal. Depending on how well Navas does. If he comes in and becomes a fan favourite, then maybe it'll turn out to be a good deal.

Would have been nice if we could do what we did with Ronaldo and guarantee him the move next summer, but only if he signs a big deal now. Ergo, giving us a bigger transfer fee next season.

Bargain for Madrid. He's worth near double that.

Not when in a year's time he can move for free though. I think United are lucky to get that much for him.

Rumours are that Arsene Wenger is in Paris right now and close to signing a young PSG striker. Cavani has been ruled out by the owner. I guess that Ibra is young compared to Wenger so I'll take that!

OH MY GOD. Apparently the De Gea papers didn't get through to Madrid on time and...it looks like he won't be a Madrid player as it stands.

Madrid will probably get special dispensation for it. If not though...what does it mean?! How fucking dramatic is that? Why did Madrid leave this so late when it's clear they wanted him? (to get a cheap deal out of us, I know that)

It means he'll probably stay and go for free next year! Crazy stuff.

I don't know what to think. Seems a bit shit if that does happen considering we had an agreement in place.

Fucking Madrid. Hope we never have to deal with this scum again.

I don't know what to think. Seems a bit shit if that does happen considering we had an agreement in place.

Fucking Madrid. Hope we never have to deal with this scum again.

I'm reading that United didn't send the contract for Navas back in time - everything relating to De Gea himself was done apparently, but who knows whether to believe that or not, it's Twitter after all.

I remember when we signed Arshavin it wasn't all done by the deadline, but it still went through, so maybe it's not over yet.

Now reading Madrid are trying to prove it was done at 23:59. Reprogrammed the clock on their PC/Fax Machine then? :p

Or not: now I'm hearing Man Utd sent the documents on time, but in the wrong file format so the Spanish FA couldn't open them!

Maybe they just need to update Adobe Reader?

If the sale doesn't go through...

De Gea a year without first team football... would Real still want him untested?

Man U gets De Gea to sign 2 year deal (so that De Gea can get more wages) then sells him in the January transfer window, or next summer..? Could certainly negotiate with him for a short term payrise and hold his match fitness hostage to get a successful season out of him.

If I was Van Gaal I'd be tempted to leave De Gea out all year, tbh.

If we can get De Gea to sign a long term deal or put in a big clause, this could end up being a bit of a blessing for us in terms of getting a better deal out of it.

I'll be amazed if Madrid don't get special dispensation for this. The Spanish giants get everything their way and somehow the right authorities will do everything in their power to ensure that this deal goes through. They'll push for it, set precedents, etc.

No idea what we'll do if De Gea stays, though. Not sure how I'd feel about him playing or how he'd feel about that. From his point of view...shouldn't he be angry at Madrid? If they wanted him that badly, why didn't they make a serious offer earlier on? If I were him, I'd think twice about such a move, tbh.

Also, the speculation from Marca suggests that all of the paperwork was sent on time, but not in a format that the Spanish Authorities could view. Haha. Brb, need to re-install MS Office again.

I'll be amazed if Madrid don't get special dispensation for this. The Spanish giants get everything their way and somehow the right authorities will do everything in their power to ensure that this deal goes through. They'll push for it, set precedents, etc.

Apparently there's no history of special dispensation being given for cases like this, but as you said, it's Real Madrid so they'll do everything possible to help them out.

Gonna make my usual break from Club football onto International post, But WOOT

Rep of Ireland beat Georgia 1-0

Before the weekend started I thought we were hanging on by a finger nail for any hope of qualification. But thanks to Gerogia winning at Scotland (sorry to my Scottish N-E brothers, normally I love to see ye do well, but not at the moment as it's at our expense :)) and us now beating Georgia we are now actually in a great position for at least 3rd place and the play offs.

Though seriously unlucky to Scotland on the loss to Germany, 3-2, didnt see the game but looks like ye gave them a hell of a fight.

Doing all the calculations in my head, Poland are in 2nd 2 points ahead of us and we are 4 points ahead of Scotland.

Our next game is home to Germany, if we can even replicate the draw we had with them in Germany that should put us well on our way to the playoffs.... though if Poland beat Scotland we would be garuanteed 3rd place and the playoff even if we lose to Germany.

So from Scotlands point of view ye have to beat Poland to stay in contention dont think a draw would be enough?

Depending on results on October 8th our Final game vs Poland could even be the game that decides 2nd place :)

Also big well done to Wales, touching distance now of qualification, shame they didnt get the win to cement it vs Isreal but just one more point from the next 2 games would make automatic qualification certain, and those games vs Bosnia on 10 Oct and Andorra on 13th they will likely get well in surplus of the required 1 point

Northern Ireland also flying high, one more win should make automatic qualification certain, even 2 draws out of last 2 games should be enough?

England of course already qualified just a question of if it'll be by 1st or 2nd place in group

Would be awesome if all 5 nations qualified, us (Rep Ireland) and Scotland are the only ones that is a near coin toss, I think Scotland maxim points possiblity is 17 which Poland are already on, which means Scotland need to beat Poland and Gibraltar (really Poland is the big match) and they need us to beat Poland on the last day. That would put us on at least 18 points (if we lose to Germany) and would put us in 2nd place and Scotland should then get the playoff spot based on their head-to-head record with Poland if both end up on 17 points

@Mokong

http://ultra.zone/UEFA-EURO-2016-qualifying#group=d

There are still a few different permutations that would allow both of us to qualify/play-off. Realistically, it will be Poland 2nd with either one of us 3rd. If we both beat Poland then we'll end up 2nd (Ireland) and 3rd (as long as Scotland beat Gibraltar). This would be preferred as it doesn't matter what happens with you with Germany.

It all hedges on whether we pick up 6 points or not. If we do, chances are we'll get the play-off unless you beat Germany. If we get 4 points we need you to lose both.

I suppose yeah it is in both teams own hands, so long as we both beat Poland. Those are the must wins for both of us. Guess that makes Poland a little unlucky that their final two games are vs both the teams clawing at their heals in the table.

Yer last game vs Gibraltar should be a certain 3 points, short of a massive injury crisis and ye have to bring Scotland U-12s to play them or something :heh:

Whatever happens it'll be down to the wire for at least one of us if not both on Oct 11th :D

I suppose yeah it is in both teams own hands, so long as we both beat Poland. Those are the must wins for both of us. Guess that makes Poland a little unlucky that their final two games are vs both the teams clawing at their heals in the table.

Yer last game vs Gibraltar should be a certain 3 points, short of a massive injury crisis and ye have to bring Scotland U-12s to play them or something :heh:

Whatever happens it'll be down to the wire for at least one of us if not both on Oct 11th :D

It would be typical Scotland for us to beat Poland and then need a point from Gibraltar and not get it.

He had to sign... "Sign for us or don't play all year and miss your chance to play in the Euro's as a result."

It worked out brilliantly for United!

I did not expect this to happen today...this isn't a good deal, it's a fucking incredible deal. We've managed to keep De Gea for at least another year and have managed to get one over/shove two fingers up to those scumbags at Madrid in the process, whilst they've pissed off their number one goalkeeper by making it perfectly clear to him that they want him out and De Gea in.

Even if he goes next summer, that gives us a whole year to put something in place in terms of a replacement and it more or less guarantees us a decent fee. Can't wait to see him playing football again. :)

Chelsea's defence is a shambles, stark contrast to a matter of months ago, even I'd fancy Arsenal to win against them next week on this form.

BT Showcase will be showing the Champions League match Roma v Barcelona this Wednesday. (Freeview channel 59)

Chelsea's defence is a shambles, stark contrast to a matter of months ago, even I'd fancy Arsenal to win against them next week on this form.

3 losses after 5 games, Crazy! They only lost 3 games all of last season.

If they continue this form into the Champions League, Mourinho will go.

Mourinho has to drop players now, in large he's stood by them and given them a run to see if they rediscover their form but they've had their chance. He needs to swap out a few and see if that gives them a kick up the backside.

Mourinho has to drop players now, in large he's stood by them and given them a run to see if they rediscover their form but they've had their chance. He needs to swap out a few and see if that gives them a kick up the backside.

He doesn't really have a big squad though. Who do you drop and bring in?