NEurope
Phube

Football Season 2015/16

Why do the media say you need another striker? Isn't Giroud good enough? He's no Aguero or Costa, but he's still a good player who has a good record at Arsenal. Maybe more depth needed?

Did Walcott ever end up playing as a striker? I seem to remember some sort of hoohaaarr about him wanting that.

Bournemouth are 1-0 up. :D

Did Walcott ever end up playing as a striker? I seem to remember some sort of hoohaaarr about him wanting that.

He wants that, but on the evidence today he can't fill the role that Giroud does, he's not suited to play the lone striker.

Problem is that teams defend deep against us, especially if they're down to 10 men. In those situations, Walcott is useless - he's much better when the game is a lot more expansive and he can get some space.

It feels like we need another striker, but who, I don't know.

We're not being clinical enough. As Ramar said, too much fannying around and three goals so far this season is just not good enough.

Problem is that teams defend deep against us, especially if they're down to 10 men. In those situations, Walcott is useless - he's much better when the game is a lot more expansive and he can get some space.

It feels like we need another striker, but who, I don't know.

We're not being clinical enough. As Ramar said, too much fannying around and three goals so far this season is just not good enough.

2 of those being own goals too is very concerning, as far as I'm concerned Walcott needs to be playing with Giroud so he can occupy the centre backs and Walcott has space to ply his trade.

Guess that's what happens to us when we haven't paid off the linesman! :D Shocking result, yet at the same time, very believable.

West Ham - away wins v Liverpool and Arsenal, home defeats to Bournemouth and Leicester. Strange form!

Only one home win in the Premier League today, and only 7 in total out of the 37 matches played so far. Everyone's underperforming at home!

Absolute shambles from us. Gomez and Lovren were bad for the first two goals. What the fuck was Lovren doing?

Gutted Coutinho is out for United. :(

Gutted Coutinho is out for United. :(

I'm not. :heh:

Some crazy results today. Didn't see that Liverpool/West Ham scoreline coming at all. I thought Chelsea would draw, but I also fancied Bournemouth and Stoke to get home wins. Excellent day for the away teams!

What the fuck was Lovren doing?

He was reminding everyone that Sakho should be in the starting 11 :heh:

In fairness, I haven't seen the game but I'm not surprised by the outcome, unfortunately. Losing Coutinho will rip the creativity out of us for the United game :hmm: It'll be long balls to Benteke for 90 minutes..

Edited by nekunando

He was reminding everyone that Sakho should be in the starting 11 :heh:

In fairness, I haven't seen the game but I'm not surprised by the outcome, unfortunately. Losing Coutinho will rip the creativity out of us for the United game :hmm: It'll be long balls to Benteke for 90 minutes..

Well we did pay £29m for Firmino so i hope to see some of his creativity. :p

I guess Ibe or Lallana will come in, and i have faith in both of them, so we still can go there and win the game.

Well we did pay £29m for Firmino so i hope to see some of his creativity. :p

I guess Ibe or Lallana will come in, and i have faith in both of them, so we still can go there and win the game.

It's amazing how one bad result can help paint a different perspective for the start of our season.

After the game on Monday night against Arsenal, I was feeling pretty good about 7 points from the opening 3 fixtures and 0 goals conceded. Now, our goal difference is -1 after 4 games and you start to think about how it took a brilliant shot to beat Stoke, a disallowed goal and a wrong offside call against Bournemouth to get the better of them and then another disallowed goal from Arsenal.. :shakehead

I'm just about to watch the highlights now after getting home from work. I'd definitely have taken 7 points from the first 4 games once the fixtures were revealed but it doesn't feel particularly great right now :blank:

It's amazing how one bad result can help paint a different perspective for the start of our season.

After the game on Monday night against Arsenal, I was feeling pretty good about 7 points from the opening 3 fixtures and 0 goals conceded. Now, our goal difference is -1 after 4 games and you start to think about how it took a brilliant shot to beat Stoke, a disallowed goal and a wrong offside call against Bournemouth to get the better of them and then another disallowed goal from Arsenal.. :shakehead

I'm just about to watch the highlights now after getting home from work. I'd definitely have taken 7 points from the first 4 games once the fixtures were revealed but it doesn't feel particularly great right now :blank:

I know what you mean. Rodgers is under so much pressure, there's Liverpool fans left right and centre wanting him sacked after that loss.

To be honest, if Klopp or Ancelotti would accept the job, i'd love for one of them to come in.

I know what you mean. Rodgers is under so much pressure, there's Liverpool fans left right and centre wanting him sacked after that loss.

To be honest, if Klopp or Ancelotti would accept the job, i'd love for one of them to come in.

I'm not sure if you ever browse the official LFC forums but Rodgers gets blamed for everything by quite a number of people on there.. even if most of them are idiots :indeed:

I miss the SAS :cry:

Finally we get some decisions go our way. Even if the ref missed the blatant pen on Bellerin.

We're shit though, we look like we're lacking a cutting edge. And the media can clamber for a striker, but you don't score if you don't create. And we fanny about too much with the ball, I thought we'd cut that out last season.

There were two great chances and Walcott missed them both. The first was the most difficult and a chance created through good play. The second was a rebound and a shocking miss. Really really poor.

I'm not sure if you ever browse the official LFC forums but Rodgers gets blamed for everything by quite a number of people on there.. even if most of them are idiots :indeed:

I miss the SAS :cry:

I have the forums open in another tab right this second, i check it pretty much every day. :p

There's alot of idiots on there, but there's also alot who put good points forward and talk abit of sense.

Wenger always plays him upfront when a new contract is needed. As soon as he signs it, he's punted back to the wing/bench.

Walcott's a good player to bring on at 70 minutes when the opposition are tiring but I don't really see him fitting unless we're playing counter.

What I meant to say when I came on here last night was how the referees made another huge mistake yesterday. Stonewall penalty for the foul on Bellerin. Both the linesman and ref missed it?

Also, what does everyone think of the Coutinho's sending off? MOTD suggested it was quite harsh but I agree with Linekar who said that he shouldn't go to ground like that as it's always risking a booking.

The front 3 have freedom to interchange so even if Walcott starts on the wing, he has freedom to go up top at certain points in games, he's not a natural center forward which is why he does better on the wing with Giroud to ping passes off of and take center backs away to give him the space to work his magic.

Walcott's a good player to bring on at 70 minutes when the opposition are tiring but I don't really see him fitting unless we're playing counter.

What I meant to say when I came on here last night was how the referees made another huge mistake yesterday. Stonewall penalty for the foul on Bellerin. Both the linesman and ref missed it?

Also, what does everyone think of the Coutinho's sending off? MOTD suggested it was quite harsh but I agree with Linekar who said that he shouldn't go to ground like that as it's always risking a booking.

I missed MotD yesterday, so we'll be watching it tonight.

I dunno, Walcott is 26 now, isn't he? He really should be at a position in his career where he is playing week in week out. He'd be playing every week for a club like Southampton.

Well done, Swansea. Gary Monk is one of my favourite young managers and they play bluddy good football.

We fell apart once it went to 1-1. Again, Rooney offered absolutely nothing up front and spends more time bellowing at the ref and linesman than he does actually being a proper captain for the team. Should've been subbed off.

I don't like possession football. We controlled the game for large points in the first half, which is fine. But, as soon as we concede, we ditch it all and start going long-ball-panic-football.

Man Utd set to sign £36m forward Martial

It's a crazy amount of money and that's just the up front fee! Very much a panic buy.

I wouldn't entirely class it a panic buy, he's been heavily tracked by Barcelona and Madrid. Think he was also on Arsenal's radar and Spurs may have shown interest, too. (Although, big teams always get linked with tons of different players) It's actually a typical United signing; young player with potential and a high ceiling. It's a lot of money, so I hope it turns out to be money well spent.

The reason I wouldn't class him as a panic buy is that he seems more like a youth product for the next season or even one after, rather than one ready made for the first team right now. Fellaini is more like a panic buy and we bollocksed that deal up as we could have got him for cheaper and earlier.

We do need competition for places, especially in the striker role. If Hernandez is going, then we need another more established striker to come in.

Edited by Fierce_LiNk