NEurope
Phube

Football Season 2015/16

Liverpool have sounded pretty good on the radio tonight against Arsenal but they go in 0-0 at half time. It's almost inevitable that we'll lose now :red:

Liverpool have sounded pretty good on the radio tonight against Arsenal but they go in 0-0 at half time. It's almost inevitable that we'll lose now :red:

Yup. We've hit the crossbar, post and Benteke should have scored the tap in. Credit to Cech for pulling off some amazing saves though.

To be fair, their goal should have never been disallowed. That's another lucky break for us.

We've been awful, but had a legitimately good goal ruled out for offside.

Liverpool getting very lucky with the linesmen this season so far...

It was a fantastic game and a draw is a fair result. We hammered them first half and they did the 2nd half. Both teams should have had penalties and offside calls not flagged.

Still, 3 clean sheets and 7 points, hard to complain.

Oh, and Coutinho is magical. :)

I feel 0-0 was a fair result. We were battering Arsenal in the first half and then they destroyed us in the second.

There were some VERY shoddy passes going on throughout the game, especially from us. We also kept hanging on to the ball for for too long, allowing the Arsenal players to simply strip it from us. Very annoying.

We should've won, because we were the only team who got the ball in the net! Cech saved us, but Liverpool were saved by the linesman yet again.

Scoring goals at home seems to be a problem at the moment...

We should've won, because we were the only team who got the ball in the net! Cech saved us, but Liverpool were saved by the linesman yet again.

Scoring goals at home seems to be a problem at the moment...

Benteke was put in 1on1 and wrongly flagged offside, he could have scored that. :p

I think both sides did things well at times, but both passed sloppily as H-o-T said above.

I love how solid we look at the back though, we really looked organised for once, which is good to see. Looks like the backroom changes have helped things.

Can't believe i've forgotten to mention Joe Gomez. He's 18 and been shoved into Liverpools starting 11 out of position and is playing incredibly well. Superb talent.

Benteke was put in 1on1 and wrongly flagged offside, he could have scored that. :p

I don't remember that one...

Being one on one is different to actually scoring, though :p

And Cech would've obviously saved it!

So, Arsenal scored a good goal and the final result was 0-0.

Why do we watch this crap? Seriously, this needs looking at as it's getting beyond a joke now.

Why do we watch this crap? Seriously, this needs looking at as it's getting beyond a joke now.

Honestly, I think refereeing has been poor for years. There was a few wrongly called offsides tonight alone, and 2 penalties. I hate it as much as you do, but it's just how it is.

It's an absolute joke. Liverpool have pulled another point out of the bag because of poor decisions. I can't stand that the main talking point, game after game, is poor decisions from linesman.

Arsenal should probably also have had a penalty for a foul on Giroud but that's a different debate.

It's an absolute joke. Liverpool have pulled another point out of the bag because of poor decisions. I can't stand that the main talking point, game after game, is poor decisions from linesman.

Arsenal should probably also have had a penalty for a foul on Giroud but that's a different debate.

Both teams should have had a penalty and both teams had dodgy linesman decisions. It's not like we've fluked the result, we totally dominated the first half and hit the post twice.

Arsenal should've won, that incorrect offside decision cost them. The only time I can recall Benteke going through and being flagged for offside was when he was actually offside.

Liverpool's best signings so far this season have been the linesmen.

A draw isn't a fair result, it might appear so given how the match played but Arsenal had a perfectly good goal chalked off so you can't possibly say it's fair. Liverpool were lucky again.

We were awful in the first half, Gabriel and Chambers looked like a nightmare on paper and it started off that way, Chambers in particular had a 'mare. I don't believe either team should have had a penalty, both pretty weak claims, absolutely no doubting Ramsey's goal, was clearly onside, I don't remember any Benteke 1 on 1 that was ruled off. We were a different team in the 2nd half, absolutely battered Liverpool but somehow couldn't find a way through. I suppose a draw is probably a fair result but it's hard not to feel aggrieved when we did score a legitimate goal.

Thought Gabriel came on too a game as the match progressed, could be a very good player with a run of games in the team. Coquelin was his usual battling self, made a couple of great last ditch tackles. Cech was marvellous, made up for the past 2 games. Cazorla was disappointing, especially as captain for the night. He seemed to disappear for large periods of the game.

Edited by Jon

Honestly, I think refereeing has been poor for years.

Indeed. You could probably go back and look through the previous years footy topics and see us all complain about the decisions being made.

I'm not trying to justify the decision made last night. As I said earlier, it should have counted, but these types of calls are nothing new and have been costing teams points for a fair few season now. Until video footage is allowed to be used, this type of thing will continue to happen and ruin matches.

I love how solid we look at the back though, we really looked organised for once, which is good to see.

Skrtel was an absolute beast in the second half. He made so many key tackles and clearances. :bowdown:

Villa vs Birmingham aswell. Nice draw for us, Carlisle at home will be comfortable. Hopefully. :p

Another two shocking refereeing decision this evening, this time in the Champions League qualifiers.

Leigh Griffiths kneeing someone in the balls and only getting a yellow.

Disallowed goal.

When these decisions are happening day in day out you really have to wonder when Fifa are going to change something.

I feel quite sorry for Celtic because that would have changed the game at that point.

I think I'm actually starting to become (a bit) disillusioned with football. I'm hoping some joy will come back into it when school starts up again and I can get my football club up and running.

I feel quite sorry for Celtic because that would have changed the game at that point.

I think I'm actually starting to become (a bit) disillusioned with football. I'm hoping some joy will come back into it when school starts up again and I can get my football club up and running.

Me too. That was the first Celtic game that I've seen since the Old Firm game. I try and watch Arsenal's matches but often can't see them due to other plans. It also annoys me that for about 5 seasons everyone knows that Arsenal have needed a DM and a striker yet haven't done a thing about it.

Soooo, De Bruyne looks like he's definitely going to City. They're going to have a hell of a team this season. Title favourites now.

They've definitely strengthened, though I can't help but feel they've overpaid for both De Bruyne and Sterling.

Also shows the financial fair play rules have totally fallen apart so quickly.

They've definitely strengthened, though I can't help but feel they've overpaid for both De Bruyne and Sterling.

Also shows the financial fair play rules have totally fallen apart so quickly.

Lol, FFP. It was bullshit and not really thought through properly.

They have overpaid for both De Bruyne and Sterling, but the cost of players (particularly the upper tier) is rising. We'll surpass the £100m mark for a footballer really soon, and quite comfortably, I imagine. Maybe even £120m within the next few years.

Look at how much Chelsea are offering for John Stones. :blank:

Lol, FFP. It was bullshit and not really thought through properly.

They have overpaid for both De Bruyne and Sterling, but the cost of players (particularly the upper tier) is rising. We'll surpass the £100m mark for a footballer really soon, and quite comfortably, I imagine. Maybe even £120m within the next few years.

Look at how much Chelsea are offering for John Stones. :blank:

He's played 4 times for England and he's going to cost £40m~. It's crazy. It's nearly as stupid as us paying £35m for Carroll. :p

Finally we get some decisions go our way. Even if the ref missed the blatant pen on Bellerin.

We're shit though, we look like we're lacking a cutting edge. And the media can clamber for a striker, but you don't score if you don't create. And we fanny about too much with the ball, I thought we'd cut that out last season.