NEurope
Phube

Football Season 2015/16

Did anyone catch the Super Cup final?

Absolutely incredible game. The defending was hilariously bad, but a very fun game to watch.

Did anyone catch the Super Cup final?

Absolutely incredible game. The defending was hilariously bad, but a very fun game to watch.

I've been following it because of the transfer rumours of Pedro possibly coming to United.

The RedCafe forums tonight have been absolutely hilarious.

At the end:

"Oh look at the mixed emotions, he's ours!"

"He is coming for sure. His celebrations suggest that."

"Cue Pedro signing new long term contract... "

All tongue in cheek, of course. Had me in stitches.

I prefer this more exciting Barcelona. Score moar, concede moar.

We all know it, but I'll say it again. Mourinho is an absolute cunt. Fucking hate the man.

He was most likely holding out for a bid from Everton, Spurs or Liverpool. I can see him lasting a few seasons at Stoke before getting picked up by one of those three, unless Stoke see a remarkable surge up the table. The guy will be after European football.

With the squad and manager that Spurs have I wouldn't be surprised to see them push for Europa league.

I cant believe Mourinho and all this stuff with the club doctor and medical staff. He's now banned her from the bench at matches! If I was her I'd just quit.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/33873310

It's horrible what he's doing. The new FA rules state that if a player feigns an injury then he can get banned. If Mourinho says that he wasn't injured and therefore the physio wasn't required then surely Hazard must have been feigning an injury? He obviously did it well if the physio was fooled. And why is it only the woman being punished?

Hazard called for attention aswell didn't he? I can't remember myself but I'm sure I read that somewhere.

Anyone watching the Portsmouth - Derby match? I think Portsmouth have been the much better side. Controlled most of the game, with Derby only managing a few counter-attack breaks.

EDIT: Great move, and a cracking finish from the youngster!

EDIT2: A well deserved win for Pompey.

I cant believe Mourinho and all this stuff with the club doctor and medical staff. He's now banned her from the bench at matches! If I was her I'd just quit.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/33873310

We all know it, but I'll say it again. Mourinho is an absolute cunt. Fucking hate the man.

With the squad and manager that Spurs have I wouldn't be surprised to see them push for Europa league.

It's horrible what he's doing. The new FA rules state that if a player feigns an injury then he can get banned. If Mourinho says that he wasn't injured and therefore the physio wasn't required then surely Hazard must have been feigning an injury? He obviously did it well if the physio was fooled. And why is it only the woman being punished?

Yeah, I've been following all of that news and can't believe he's got the nerve to treat his staff like that.

It's even more obscene considering that Chelsea actually have a very, very good injury record for the past few seasons; something which is obviously down to the medical staff. Hazard went down, the doctors treated him as they're paid to do. I know some people will try to be clever and think that Mourinho is spinning this to take the pressure off his team or Courtois who got sent off, but I'm annoyed at just how disrespectful he's being to his staff. It's just not needed.

Football's a bit shit isn't it? :'(

It's shit, but still the best sport that there is. :heh:

It seems like City are after the same players we are. Otamendi and Pedro. I would be delighted with either of these two. Both of them would be unbelievable. I can see Pedro coming to United and Otamendi going to City. We probably need him more than Pedro, although both would improve our side.

Can't see De Bruyne going to City this summer. Unless the rumours of 50 million are true.

I think City will end up getting De Bruyne. Sounds like he wants to go, and City can afford it obviously.

A tight game as I expected, Crystal palace are no slouches and play brilliant football. How Coquelin stayed on the pitch I have no idea, could have gotten 4 yellow cards yet somehow was only given 1. Thank goodness we got off the mark and bounced back right away, if we drew or lost that game then the Liverpool game next Monday would be even more significant.

I had a feeling that's happen, we've looked really out of sorts as of late. The Ramires offside decision was close but we didn't do enough generally.

Typical Prem, being dominated by the big three: Man U, Man City and Leicester City! ;)

Typical Prem, being dominated by the big three: Man U, Man City and Leicester City! ;)

You'll be battling relegation soon enough. :p

Another lucky win for us. Our goal shouldn't have counted and theirs probably shouldn't have been disallowed. The last 10 minutes was so tense! At least it's another 3 points on the board.

Not sure it was lucky, we were probably the better team over the full 90 mins and had a few great chances. We just fought hard and defended well.

Premier League

1. Liverpool

2. Chelsea

3. Man U

4. Leicester

5. arsenal

6. Man city

Relegation

Norwich

Tottenham

West ham

FA Cup

Man U

League Cup

Tottenham

Champions League

Man city

Top Scorer

Benteke

We can all dream :p Would be an interesting season lol

Predictions looking well at the minute ;)

Ehh, luck is the best and only way to describe the outcome of that match. Liverpool were lucky to get that decision to disallow Bournemouth's perfectly acceptable goal and Liverpool were lucky to get the decision to allow the OFFSIDE goal according to the new rules of the game.

That match was determined by luck, rather than the skill of the players or the tactics of the manager or moments of brilliance. I'm fucking bored of matches being ruined by officials who either don't follow the rules or get biiiig decisions wrong. Every week.

I love football, but I can also say that it is equally shit in measure. Who on Earth thought it would be a good idea to change the offside rule again when officials were struggling with the previous interpretation of the rule? In fairness, I actually agree with some elements of this. If a player makes any motion towards the ball in an offside position, he is interfering with play. In fact, if they're there at all, I'd say that they were interfering. Why couldn't they go back to the previous rule of ANY player being in an offside position is offside? That way the officials only have to look at the defensive line and can clearly flag when somebody has gone past it.

I've gotta say, we're only two games into the season and the melodrama about professional medical staff, managers (Mourinho) having digs at others and officials getting big decisions wrong is not boding well for the rest of the reason. Football is a mess, so unbelievably broken.

Not sure it was lucky, we were probably the better team over the full 90 mins and had a few great chances. We just fought hard and defended well.

I agree with Flink, how can you describe it as anything other than lucky? Your goal was clearly offside under the new interpretation of the law. The official obviously just did not know the rule as it wasn't even close. It's shoddy work from him and another big decision that they've got wrong that would've been fixed in seconds with a video ref.

Your goal was clearly offside under the new interpretation of the law..

I actually find this whole thing about the 'new interpretation of the law' a little ridiculous as, from my perspective, Coutinho was offside regardless of whether it happened this season or last. He's clearly interfering with play as Boruc had to prepare himself for Coutinho making contact with the ball whether he touched it or not.

It was an awful decision and I was amazed that it wasn't flagged, even after watching it for the first time live :blank:

We weren't great but probably done just enough to shade the game. Having said that, the decision to disallow the Bournemouth goal was also extremely harsh so I can't deny that we were very lucky.

In all honesty, I wasn't expecting Liverpool to win either of the opening games but to come away with 6 points is something we need to be thankful for, especially when Arsenal rip us to shreds next Monday :shakehead

In all honesty, I wasn't expecting Liverpool to win either of the opening games but to come away with 6 points is something we need to be thankful for, especially when Arsenal rip us to shreds next Monday :shakehead

I was expecting a defeat to Stoke and then a draw last night. As you said, we need to be thankful for the 6 points.