Man U

League Cup

Tottenham

Champions League

Man city

Top Scorer

Benteke

We can all dream :p Would be an interesting season lol

With everything that has gone off in my personal life I am excited more than ever for the start of the season.

With Nigel Adkins being our new manager I have renewed optimism :D

Just made a bunch of changes to my fantasy football team due to injury worries, knowing my luck all the guys I just took out will play and everyone of them will score goals :heh:

Happy to win, better than last year, at least!

Both sides looked very rusty and I don't think either team wanted to really win or lose that. A draw would have been a more fair result. Spurs put on loads of pressure in the final 10 minutes and we were lucky to ride it out.

The new signings all look like good signings, but they'll need time to get used to things. Darmian looked fantastic, though. Amazing that we actually have a right back now, a top quality one, too.

Man of the Match: Chris (Mike) Smalling. Our new centreback pairing should be Smalling + 1. If we bring in a new striker or somebody who can play up there, I think we'll be fine. Rooney needs competition otherwise he'll just get lazy.

Fuck sake. Put Courtois in my Fantasy team, and then that happens.

We've been very rusty after the end of season break. Unlucky not to get a pen ourselves but still, need to play better than that!

Slaven Bilic had his tactics spot on today. West Ham were clearly a team who'd shaken off their rust and they kept Arsenal at arms length all game. I have to say Payet was immense in that midfield and Reece Oxford looks like a real godsend for the England national team if he can continue to develop, it' still early in the season and Arsenal may not have been at their best but he looked like he belonged on that pitch today. I'm concerned not because of Cech's mistakes because even the best can have off days but we looked toothless up top, Reid had Giroud in his back pocket all game, Walcott had little impact when he came on and Alexis is still not 100%, but even so he had the best of the few chances we had on target, Oxlade Chamberlain had some good moments but he ended up playing right back which isn't where he should be playing. Potentially being bottom after the first weekend is not something I'm gonna like if that does end up being the case, I hope for a swift response from the players next weekend.

Edited by Emerald Emblem

I'm concerned not because of Cech's mistakes because even the best can have off days

1st goal - 100% the defenders fault. I can't believe that the commentators failed to notice that both Koscielny and Monreal lost their men and allowed them to charge through to the penalty spot unmarked. Cech couldn't do a thing about there no matter where he was.

2nd goal - Very scrappy defending, they should never have been able to even get a shot away. Cech should've done better though, it looked as though he didn't think there was any danger even after we lost the ball.

The Liverpool match was one of the worst/boring I have seen in a long time. Still, happy with the 3 points and the strike was fantastic to see.

Yeah it was a pretty crap match. Liverpool only really stepped it up in the last 15 minutes.

The Liverpool match was one of the worst/boring I have seen in a long time. Still, happy with the 3 points and the strike was fantastic to see.

I never saw it but I was equally underwhelmed by the game at Old Trafford yesterday. You can't really judge anything until a few games into the season but thank goodness we nicked all 3 points today :yay:

What an awful result Arsenal :( I think we need another striker, I'm not sure Benzema is the solution though.

I never saw it but I was equally underwhelmed by the game at Old Trafford yesterday. You can't really judge anything until a few games into the season but thank goodness we nicked all 3 points today :yay:

I'm just hoping we don't keep resorting to the long ball tactics. It's something i've never really cared for and would much rather keep it moving on the floor. It's nice to have the option but I don't want it to become the focus of our attacking.

Great to have football back, fascinating start to the season, but so hard to take anything from it. Felt Spurs were very unlucky, we were the better team all in I felt, but just weren't good enough in the final third, Man U were pretty bad to be honest, one very weak shot on target all match?

Same with everyone you'd presume to be in the top 6 - Chelsea, Liverpool and especially, and brilliantly, Arsenal!! Good to see City tonight. Obviously after a few weeks when they all start to get into the rhythm of it will be most revealing, and new singings!! But great overall and good to see Leicester and palace top 2 :)

Great to have football back, fascinating start to the season, but so hard to take anything from it. Felt Spurs were very unlucky, we were the better team all in I felt, but just weren't good enough in the final third, Man U were pretty bad to be honest, one very weak shot on target all match?

Same with everyone you'd presume to be in the top 6 - Chelsea, Liverpool and especially, and brilliantly, Arsenal!! Good to see City tonight. Obviously after a few weeks when they all start to get into the rhythm of it will be most revealing, and new singings!! But great overall and good to see Leicester and palace top 2 :)

I thought Spurs looked very comfortable for 20 minutes and actually looked like the home team. The mistake and subsequent goal seemed to suck everything out of their game and I wasn't impressed by either side for the remainder of the game. It was only in the last couple of minutes that they actually looked like they might get an equaliser but it wasn't to be :heh:

I don't currently see Spurs as much of a threat this season, regardless of the game at the weekend. I honestly have no idea about Liverpool, though. I think there's plenty of potential there to surprise this year, similar to how unfancied we were two seasons ago, but who knows if it'll click into place for us ::shrug:

[sPOTIFY][/sPOTIFY]

I thought Spurs looked very comfortable for 20 minutes and actually looked like the home team. The mistake and subsequent goal seemed to suck everything out of their game and I wasn't impressed by either side for the remainder of the game. It was only in the last couple of minutes that they actually looked like they might get an equaliser but it wasn't to be :heh:

I don't currently see Spurs as much of a threat this season, regardless of the game at the weekend. I honestly have no idea about Liverpool, though. I think there's plenty of potential there to surprise this year, similar to how unfancied we were two seasons ago, but who knows if it'll click into place for us ::shrug:

That's what happens when you have such a stupidly young team as Spurs. We need some experience in Midfield, and ideally something a bit more direct and pacey in the 3 behind Kane. (Weird no one says anything about that actually, remember when everyone used to cream over Arsenal for it, Spurs have had the youngest team and squad for a while but not a peep.)

Spurs as of now will struggle, but we're 3 singings short of having a fantastic team and squad. Confident we'll finish comfortable above Liverpool who I think will struggle (relatively).

Stokelona have signed Shaqiri for £12 million.

Crazy. Wonder when Neymar will be here.

He isn't that amazing. He's a good player and he should stand out at Stoke.

He isn't that amazing. He's a good player and he should stand out at Stoke.

I know he's had a few bad seasons, but he was great before going to Bayern and I still think there's a good player there.

It's slightly surreal because, even though he's not been in great form, it's still strange seeing that Stoke have managed to bag him. It's an amazing coup on their behalf.

I know he's had a few bad seasons, but he was great before going to Bayern and I still think there's a good player there.

It's slightly surreal because, even though he's not been in great form, it's still strange seeing that Stoke have managed to bag him. It's an amazing coup on their behalf.

Oh yeah, he's brilliant for Stoke. It's just odd that one of the top 6 weren't in for him. He took weeks to decide whether he wanted to join Stoke, so he may have been waiting for a better team.

Oh yeah, he's brilliant for Stoke. It's just odd that one of the top 6 weren't in for him. He took weeks to decide whether he wanted to join Stoke, so he may have been waiting for a better team.

He was most likely holding out for a bid from Everton, Spurs or Liverpool. I can see him lasting a few seasons at Stoke before getting picked up by one of those three, unless Stoke see a remarkable surge up the table. The guy will be after European football.