NEurope
Phube

Football Season 2015/16

Oh My God, the crazy has started!!!

CIxLshFWgAAmJqS.jpg:large

BREAKING: Leicester City has today relieved its First Team Manager, Nigel Pearson, of his duties. More follows… #lcfc

WHY?????:wtf::shakehead

Edited by Phube

Oh My God, the crazy has stated!!!

CIxLshFWgAAmJqS.jpg:large

BREAKING: Leicester City has today relieved its First Team Manager, Nigel Pearson, of his duties. More follows… #lcfc

WHY?????:wtf::shakehead

"The Board of Directors recognises the success Nigel has helped to bring to Leicester City during his two spells in charge of the club, particularly during the last three and a half years.

"However, it has become clear to the club that fundamental differences in perspective exist between us. Regrettably, the club believes that the working relationship between Nigel and the Board is no longer viable.

"Leicester City’s owners, Vichai and Aiyawatt Srivaddhanaprabha, and the Board of Directors would like to place on record their thanks to Nigel for the considerable contribution he has made during his time with the club and wish him well in the future.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11712/9899400/nigel-pearson-sacked-as-manager-of-leicester-city

well there were times last season that he went a bit crazy, and they did (rightly) sack his son

I don't get all the doom and gloom, people saying Leicester will certainly go down now. It's not like he's the best manager in the world. He's 100% replaceable.

Yeah, I think it must be awkward as fuck to work for the same club where your son did that. I expected him to walk straight after that whole incident, there's no way he could have carried on after that.

There were many many times last season I thought they'd get rid of Pearson, but in all fairness they stuck with him & they stayed up. Seems a little odd to me that they've only now decided to replace him!

So, I understand that Barcelona have a transfer ban, yet they've still signed up Arda Turan for January. Apparently this is ok? The fact that they also bought players last year just before the ban came into effect is just...defeating the whole purpose of the ban.

This article cracked me up.

Nothing at all will be done about this. What's the point in having a transfer ban if teams are allowed to so blatantly cheat the system and do it in full public view. I hate the way that Barcelona get branded as the saints of football when they are the dirtiest of all.

Pleased with Spurs, got rid of 3 deadwood (7 more to go), bought in 3 players early (3 to go) and just announced the leagues best ground! The future is lily white.

Pleased with Spurs, got rid of 3 deadwood (7 more to go), bought in 3 players early (3 to go) and just announced the leagues best ground! The future is lily white.

Best ground? It looks like a toilet seat.

Best ground? It looks like a toilet seat.

Bigger than the Emirates, designed to retain atmosphere (unlike Emirates), fans loads closer to the pitch (unlike....), the biggest "kop" at over 17k. Say what you like, but it's objectively impressive.

So, I understand that Barcelona have a transfer ban, yet they've still signed up Arda Turan for January. Apparently this is ok? The fact that they also bought players last year just before the ban came into effect is just...defeating the whole purpose of the ban.

This article cracked me up.

Nothing at all will be done about this. What's the point in having a transfer ban if teams are allowed to so blatantly cheat the system and do it in full public view. I hate the way that Barcelona get branded as the saints of football when they are the dirtiest of all.

I also thought this was strange how they're allowed to do this, just the player can't play until January.

It's more of a "sign players but they can't play until January 2016".

Bigger than the Emirates, designed to retain atmosphere (unlike Emirates), fans loads closer to the pitch (unlike....), the biggest "kop" at over 17k. Say what you like, but it's objectively impressive.

No doubt that parts of it are impressive, it's just not needed for a club of your size!

Good luck filling the stadium when you'll still be finishing 6th every year! 61,000 obviously chosen as a pathetic attempt to try and one-up Arsenal.

To be honest, from the pics, fans don't look any closer to the pitch than any other modern stadium (other than those with athletics tracks). And I wouldn't be comfortable with them building it with the NFL in mind, but I guess you can't complain if you're getting money from them for it (are you?).

No doubt that parts of it are impressive, it's just not needed for a club of your size!

Good luck filling the stadium when you'll still be finishing 6th every year! 61,000 obviously chosen as a pathetic attempt to try and one-up Arsenal.

To be honest, from the pics, fans don't look any closer to the pitch than any other modern stadium (other than those with athletics tracks). And I wouldn't be comfortable with them building it with the NFL in mind, but I guess you can't complain if you're getting money from them for it (are you?).

Haha, we sell out pretty much every game and have a season ticket waiting list of about 10,000 so I think we'll be okay, I know you lot have loads of red seats every game but I think we'll be okay.

Plus, it's about future proofing, any body with any business brain wouldn't build develop something to the lowest likely outcome. And the income will be invaluable, our wage budget is ridiculously lower than goons, Liverpool, Man U, Chelsea and City, not one team who's been in the premiership the past 5 years has spent less than us in transfer fees net. This stadium and its size will at least double our revenue. We'll become a lot more powerful and we ain't that far off as it is.

And it may not look closer, but it is. Plus the design is far better for atmosphere, which your design badly needed. But obviously we'll see. May not even be built as intended.

I also thought this was strange how they're allowed to do this, just the player can't play until January.

It's more of a "sign players but they can't play until January 2016".

It still shouldn't be allowed. They've got a transfer ban, so...they should be banned from transferring players into that club. Even if the player doesn't play until January, there's the January window to get that done. It's disgusting really that they're getting away with it and flaunting it for the world to see.

As for Spurs' new stadium: That's a big stadium for a club of that size. With a stadium like that, you'd expect the club to have world class players and to either be winning trophies right now or be on the verge of winning things. Time will tell with that one, but it's a step in the right direction if they're serious about being more than just top four contenders. Could be a step too far.

Haha, we sell out pretty much every game and have a season ticket waiting list of about 10,000 so I think we'll be okay, I know you lot have loads of red seats every game but I think we'll be okay.

Plus, it's about future proofing, any body with any business brain wouldn't build develop something to the lowest likely outcome. And the income will be invaluable, our wage budget is ridiculously lower than goons, Liverpool, Man U, Chelsea and City, not one team who's been in the premiership the past 5 years has spent less than us in transfer fees net. This stadium and its size will at least double our revenue. We'll become a lot more powerful and we ain't that far off as it is.

And it may not look closer, but it is. Plus the design is far better for atmosphere, which your design badly needed. But obviously we'll see. May not even be built as intended.

Reading Dazzys blind love for Tottenham always makes me smile :)

Tourists don't sing pal. It'll be just as quiet as every other ground in the Premier League.

Schweinsteiger to Man Utd. What a coup even if he is 30 years old. Still a fantastic player.

I'm still not entirely sure that Man U know what they're doing. They seem to just be buying absolutely everyone they possibly can in the hope that the title just then 'happens'. Will be interesting to see though.

It's hilarious the people saying he's too old. Ronaldo is 30, is he too old?

Schweinsteiger is a great buy although he has been prone to an injury or two recently.

Last season United greatly struggled when Carrick was injured so as long as both aren't out at the same time then that midfield should be a lot stronger.

Nice to have a proper right back as well, although I know absolutely nothing about Darmian.

£49 million for Sterling! :wtf:

Wow, well played Liverpool, ridiculous!

Makes up for wasting all that money on Andy Carroll in a way :P

Sterling basically has to become super-awesome now!

I've been in Brighton since Friday and have been following all of the transfer news briefly...can't believe Schweinsteiger is coming! (his name is a bitch to type, too!) I'm practically in love with the guy anyway and he's one of my favourite midfielders out there, it's just insane to think that he'll be playing for United next season. He'll have a fresh new challenge at United, he'll be given game time and he'll be given everything that he needs to do well here. He'll become an important player for us.

Schweinsteiger to Man Utd. What a coup even if he is 30 years old. Still a fantastic player.

Insane deal. Statement of intent, no pissing about with long summer sagas either. I like the way that we have gone about this deal and have dealt with it quickly.

I'm still not entirely sure that Man U know what they're doing. They seem to just be buying absolutely everyone they possibly can in the hope that the title just then 'happens'. Will be interesting to see though.

You're kidding right?

We've had major problems in a LOT of areas for quite a few years now.

Last season, we struggled with creativity, which is insane given that we have some special players at the club. This was down to three reasons:

Lack of creativity in midfield (the middle)

Lack of solidarity in the middle

Lack of pace to get behind the attack line

Looking at the players that have been signed this summer and last, I think we've made some very, very good signings.

Lack of creativity in the middle: Herrera signing last season with Schweinsteiger in midfield.

Lack of solidarity in the middle: Schweinsteiger doesn't like to piss about. The key signing for us is perhaps even the signing of Morgan Schneiderlin, who is having his medical at United as we speak. That is a big, big deal for us as he can help to control that midfield along with Herrera and Schweinsteiger. Not since Keane and Scholes have we had the players to be able to break down teams on the offence, but also defensively. We will have that now. I can't tell you enough how much of a problem this has been for yeeeeeears and yeeears now which Ferguson tried to address with certain signings that didn't work out. (Anderson, Hargreaves)

Lack of pace: Di Maria last seasn (he will come good this season...if he stays) and Depay.

We have also strengthened in the right back area and will now be able to play a right back in the proper position (Darmian). Rafael is too injury prone and Valencia is not a right back. We have finally plugged that gap with what looks like a good player.

The signings of Blind and Rojo have also been good and important signings. They helped provide cover in important areas and have made good contributions to the team on numerous occasions. Blind is a good player in particular (arguably our best signing last season) as he is so versatile and actually pretty damn good in numerous positions.

Therefore, I can't agree with what you've said @Dr\. bob because the signings made are actually the right signings in the right places. There's also talk of bringing in another striker and another central defender. It's going to be a very busy summer for us, but I can't find fault with the transfer business this season. Di Maria didn't do as well as he could last season, but there were a few extenuating circumstances there (his form dropped MASSIVELY after his house was part of a targeted burglary which led to him and his family feeling hugely unsettled...which I can completely understand). The only signing that I was disappointed with was Falcao, which seemed like a fantastic coup at the time but didn't work out. However, these current signings...can't fault them one bit.

I never joke.

But I am just a casual football fan, so what you've said makes sense. I think it just seemed worse because they were being linked with absolutely everyone under the sun.

It just seems like everytime a team has spunked a lot of money on loads of players it hasn't worked (Tottenham, Liverpool).

In theory Man U have strengthened their weaknesses, but who knows whether it'll work or not!

£49 million for Sterling! :wtf:

Wow, well played Liverpool, ridiculous!

Yup. I'm chuffed to bits if the deal goes off without a hitch. Now watch Rodgers squander the money on useless signings.

Honestly, out of all the players we've got in so far, it's probably Milner that i'm happy with the most.