NEurope
The Peeps

The Xpert Thread

Personally, if it was me, I would try to win. I'll try to remember to set tactics.

I'll back for another season. Maybe playing in the lower leagues will renew my interest.

2 of my players (Mitch McAteer and Edward Stark) have called time on their careers, so will be investing in replacing Stark, as i've got enough Midfielders to cover, whereas i've only got 3 strikers (soon to be 2)

@MoogleViper Chesterfield isn't run by anyone from the forums. By the way, we're starting a new season shortly so it's a good time to sign up ;)

CUP

If anyone hasn't seen the press release on xpert, we'll be doing a cup before the next season if we get enough people to sign up. Post on here or xpert if you're interested.

@MoogleViper Chesterfield isn't run by anyone from the forums. By the way, we're starting a new season shortly so it's a good time to sign up

So who/what is Chesterfield? (I thought I'd found a fellow spireite.)

I was considering joining, but it's such a commitment. Also I don't think I could do it continuously and one season isn't much use.

So who/what is Chesterfield? (I thought I'd found a fellow spireite.)

I was considering joining, but it's such a commitment. Also I don't think I could do it continuously and one season isn't much use.

It's not much of a commitment, you could honestly run a team by spending 5 minutes a day on the site. Chesterfield is managed by a random person logged in to Xpert Eleven. They joined through the site rather than n-e :p

Personally, if it was me, I would try to win. I'll try to remember to set tactics.

I'll back for another season. Maybe playing in the lower leagues will renew my interest.

Pssh so much for that - 5 NIL!!! What happened to you??

@Nikos9 you going to be duking it out with Eights in mid league?

Can't believe Winston have finished 2nd by a point for the second time in three seasons. URGH.

Shocking change report too.. Might have to ape Spurs and have a big squad clearout and launch into a bit of a rebuild. Glad the Winston glory days gave the club at least one league title anyway.

Aaanyway, yeah Moogle, give it a try - you can always pack it in after a season if it's not for you - all you really need is two logins a week to set your tactics for the games. But it is defo a long term game to get the top!

Not enough interest again for the cup, I'll be starting the season shortly :)

Edited by The Peeps

After 15 seasons and over 3 years of Yellow Submarine, I've decided that this season will be my last.

I've immensely enjoyed my time playing Xpert, but unfortunately I no longer have the desire that I once had.

I would love to go out in style, maybe even add another championship to the collection. Would be a fitting swansong for the Mighty Yellows.

After 15 seasons and over 3 years of Yellow Submarine, I've decided that this season will be my last.

I've immensely enjoyed my time playing Xpert, but unfortunately I no longer have the desire that I once had.

I would love to go out in style, maybe even add another championship to the collection. Would be a fitting swansong for the Mighty Yellows.

Shame to see you go but actually was thinking of doing the same...been considering it since Haden left tbh. I hate leaving something I've taken years to build but all good things must come to an end. Priorities change, life takes you in other directions etc. Will see though, at the mo I'm managing but know my time should be better spent elsewhere and I'm not one to just put a few mins into this a week. Has to be all or nothing!

Shame to see you go but actually was thinking of doing the same...been considering it since Haden left tbh. I hate leaving something I've taken years to build but all good things must come to an end. Priorities change, life takes you in other directions etc. Will see though, at the mo I'm managing but know my time should be better spent elsewhere and I'm not one to just put a few mins into this a week. Has to be all or nothing!

Chaps :(

I understand the sentiment - Roger is sadly thinking the same. The days with Haden's reports and the great back and forths across the board were fantastic.. I do wonder if the league merger has lost some of the spirit on here - only 4 / 10 of current upper league are on the forum. The banter on this board was always the best bit!

I'm struggling a little - just moved to a new city IRL and haven't got much free time, so struggling to be as competitive as recent seasons. I think I'll give it at least a couple more seasons, mainly as I'm starting a youth project which is looking rather promising.

Does anyone know the league titles total standings? Is it

Inter - 4

Yellow Sub - 3

Eights - 2

The rest of us proles 1? Winston's aim was always to get the most but can't see it happening with the Uber-teams around now!

Depends if you count old league, that was all about Oddy (I won some too)!

I'm still chipping away but been focusing on team so lost a few games here and there in middle league waiting to be strong enough for the top league.

My first game was ridiculous, dominated in most aspects and lost 1-0. Results like that just make me frustrated with the game, yes there needs to be luck but that already makes me less likely to play.

Sad to see a few big names bowing out but it happens. Can't get rid of me just yet though!

Depends if you count old league, that was all about Oddy (I won some too)!

I'm still chipping away but been focusing on team so lost a few games here and there in middle league waiting to be strong enough for the top league.

My first game was ridiculous, dominated in most aspects and lost 1-0. Results like that just make me frustrated with the game, yes there needs to be luck but that already makes me less likely to play.

Sad to see a few big names bowing out but it happens. Can't get rid of me just yet though!

Brah I thought you'd quit!!! Ming Kong looks like a true beast of the future. I look forward to reigniting an old rivalry... whenever you finally claw your way back to upper league

EDIT: @Tales are you dead and gone? Or merely waiting for next season to start your reseurgance form the bottom?

Edited by dan-likes-trees

Have been keeping an eye on the thread. Like Fergie going to all the Man Utd games watching over lol.

I always had in my mind coming back for a bit on Season 40, the other thing I was thinking might be interesting would be to reboot the league. May be a way to renew interest and get some old school players back? This is Peeps decision but I am just thinking out loud.

Anyway I will go back to the shadows from whence I came.

WrestlerWaiting.gif

Have been keeping an eye on the thread. Like Fergie going to all the Man Utd games watching over lol.

I always had in my mind coming back for a bit on Season 40, the other thing I was thinking might be interesting would be to reboot the league. May be a way to renew interest and get some old school players back? This is Peeps decision but I am just thinking out loud.

Anyway I will go back to the shadows from whence I came.

WrestlerWaiting.gif

Hope you saw Winston's long awaited Upper League Title a couple seasons back H-Man!!

Rebooting the league is something I'd be completely up for and remember pitching myself a while back, even if it would make my current youth project redundant. I remember Tales and someone else being well against it.. but it might be a good shout - @Peeps what do you think about that? Even if it's a few seasons off. Not sure how the non-forumites would feel?

Everyone else's thoughts?

I would also be completely down for a cup again at some point. Even though I went out pretty early it was probably my favorite season of Xpert, and it only really adds about a week of extra redundant time for people who don't make it out the groups, given we don't do a pre-season cup.

We don't do a pre-season cup because only 6 teams ever want one :p

I'm all for a reset but the majority of players in xpert now aren't from the forum and I don't want to erase all their teams (also would prefer to keep my own). If we did a reset it would have to be a new league - which someone else can be in charge of :)

Unless the revamp would bring in new/old forumers, it would only be a league of 8 or so teams I think. I'd still be up for a true N-Europe elite league though xD

I kept my bro's account active for ages and at one point was running about 8 teams between his account and mine. It was basically consuming too much time and effort so I've now dropped down to 2 teams (official & N-Europe) and closed my bro's account.

Shame I had to resign from his official team as the season just ended and I had three players that double-jumped... one of whom is now a 17-6 :\

Someone else's gain and all that I suppose!!

I'd consider a reboot but would have to be in a new league :)

We don't do a pre-season cup because only 6 teams ever want one :p

I'm all for a reset but the majority of players in xpert now aren't from the forum and I don't want to erase all their teams (also would prefer to keep my own). If we did a reset it would have to be a new league - which someone else can be in charge of :)

Unless the revamp would bring in new/old forumers, it would only be a league of 8 or so teams I think. I'd still be up for a true N-Europe elite league though xD

That is a pretty good idea right?

Reboot in a new league with only forumers / the old crew? I feel like we'd get some of that community spirit back, and it would be so competitive for a few seasons whilst everyone starts to bed in their team. I think we could get to about 14-16 if some old faces came back - maybe two leagues of 7 teams? I think people like Bob, ReZ, Maybe even Oddy might come back if it was a blank restart

Maybe we should leave it a bit longer if @Zell @Nikos9 @Tales etc wanted a break before diving back in.

Haden do you think you'd be up for running it? I would be happy to, alternatively - if we got enough players.

Anyone else want to share their thoughts?

EDIT: Response from Roger Federer leaked to the press

wl1zpk.png

Edited by dan-likes-trees

I'm not really feeling it at the moment. No desire at all to log in and set tactics. With two seasons of neglect I don't know if there's any point. At the same time it would be sad to lose all the progress, but a reset with only forum member would possible get my interest back. Everyone should be aboard though. It's pretty huge deal if you care about the team which is why I was such against it before.

Does anyone know the league titles total standings? Is it

Inter - 4

Yellow Sub - 3

Eights - 2

I won 3 titles, two back-to-back and then another one, one or two seasons later.

Reboot in a new league with only forumers / the old crew? I feel like we'd get some of that community spirit back, and it would be so competitive for a few seasons whilst everyone starts to bed in their team. I think we could get to about 14-16 if some old faces came back - maybe two leagues of 7 teams? I think people like Bob, ReZ, Maybe even Oddy might come back if it was a blank restart

Maybe we should leave it a bit longer if @Zell @Nikos9 @Tales etc wanted a break before diving back in.

Haden do you think you'd be up for running it? I would be happy to, alternatively - if we got enough players.

wl1zpk.png

I don't really have time to run it but would be happy to do an opening post and the odd report.

Well done on winning the league very well deserved after all your seasons of toil!

wl1zpk.png

I may be interested in rejoining if there was a reset, although as of right now I'm just a bit fatigued by it all. As you say, I think giving it 2 or 3 seasons' notice before a reset may be a good idea.

I'm not really feeling it at the moment. No desire at all to log in and set tactics. With two seasons of neglect I don't know if there's any point. At the same time it would be sad to lose all the progress, but a reset with only forum member would possible get my interest back. Everyone should be aboard though. It's pretty huge deal if you care about the team which is why I was such against it before.

I won 3 titles, two back-to-back and then another one, one or two seasons later.

I think I'm in the same boat as you, I was against a reset when it was last proposed since my team were really starting to blossom. And yes, it is a huge deal to lose all of that progress, history, etc that you spent a lot of time working at. So I wouldn't blame anyone for being against a reset if they wanted to carry on with their existing team, I wouldn't want to force it on anyone.