NEurope
Rummy

Let's talk about this place.

What even is with people?

If you want us to become harsher you need to expect it to happen in all cases? Or are people so deluded that they believe they're wonderful and everyone else is awful?

And technically we do have a rule about not having multiple accounts by the way...

Have you seen his posts recently?

He clearly needed some time out. He was starting to get a bit angry and abusive.

Plus the constant backchatting.

I feel it was the right choice. (I am assuming it's temporary)

What even is with people?

If you want us to become harsher you need to expect it to happen in all cases? Or are people so deluded that they believe they're wonderful and everyone else is awful?

And technically we do have a rule about not having multiple accounts by the way...

And look at the post count. 2 posts before today. Hardly active!

I didn't get any answers to my questions.

I stand by what I said. My comment to Serebii didn't warrant a warning and certainly didn't warrant a ban from the thread. The warning was for insulting him. :shakehead

I never claimed to be perfect, far from it.

I thought I'd 1 red warning. I don't even know what the other 2 are for or can check now. It's pointless arguing anything here. Ye never listen. It's like trying to ration with a referee after they've sent someone off.

He clearly needed some time out. He was starting to get a bit angry and abusive.

Nope. It's permanent.

Edited by link2metroid
Automerged Doublepost

To start with the transparency and explain - it was nothing to do with his comments here.

In getting tougher he recieved the final needed red infraction for a ban(for i believe the behaviour/issue he already referenced here), and thus he has been.

So that goes partway to answering your question to me earlier, @Happenstance. I'll respond a bit more properly later(today or tmw) as I'm on my wii u/splatooning atm.

Also, I haven't been abusive. I was ratty to Serebii in one thread over this situation when I got the warning and told him not to quote me in future. And yes there's chat, doesn't get anywhere though. I'm living proof. I do speak my mind, I won't be submissive just because others hold the power.

I've been coming here since cube-europe and been a member in this guise for over a decade. I don't have a problem with many people on this site. I may have differences with some now and again but I don't harbor any ill will towards anyone. With the exception of 2 people that get under my skin. Well, only 1 really I think is a right ....

And look at the post count. 2 posts before today. Hardly active!

I didn't get any answers to my questions.

I stand by what I said. My comment to Serebii didn't warrant a warning and certainly didn't warrant a ban from the thread. The warning was for insulting him. :shakehead

I never claimed to be perfect, far from it.

I thought I'd 1 red warning. I don't even know what the other 2 are for or can check now. It's pointless arguing anything here. Ye never listen. It's like trying to ration with a referee after they've sent someone off.

Nope. It's permanent.

I did give you the reason for the infraction - it was for being downright disrespectful of other members, which is one of if not the problem with the forum. I told you I put the reason as insulting other members (which is partially correct) but it was for being disrespectful so you apparently didn't read it.

So what if Serebii felt the need to say that's why he didn't post it on here or on his site or some other place, there was absolutely no reason to respond with "Tell someone who cares" (and apparently you cared enough to make the post though, just sayin').

How would you like if you came in a thread and said "I'm not buying it because it's too expensive" or "I don't like x" and someone replied they didn't care? I bet you wouldn't like it.

As already stated by Ashley you could have put it more tactfully instead of coming off all aggressive, perhaps a little jealous, afterall no one did ask Serebii why he didn't post it and maybe we didn't need to know, or maybe we did.

Oh, and btw, it doesn't matter if it got reported or not, I saw the post and I took action on it.

The thread ban was due to our tougher moderation, also since you didn't care I thought I would help remove any temptation just in case you got a little curious.

You even then proceeded to throw a tantrum, even asking him to stop quoting you (a fair enough request if you don't want to see his posts, hope you added him to your ignore list as well), your original post and posts following from your infraction including those from this thread are the perfect examples of why this thread was created. These kinds of posts aren't doing you any favours, btw.

You frequently have had clashes with Serebii in the past, you refuse to add him to your ignore list, and have demonstrated other times when you've thrown tantrums after being told off.

But as stated you were not banned because of these posts.

Someone asked what's the plan going forward? Well here it is - we're getting to tougher on our moderation so some of you may want to take note, particularly those who who been asked to stop with certain actions but continues to do them.

We've been lenient in the past, we actually don't want to ban people if we can help it, but some of you would have been gone a long time ago on other forums. People crating second accounts to bypass a ban wouldn't be around long enough to say what they have to say.

If you want to stick around I suggest a) growing up and b) cooling off.

Edit: good grief, you still think your innocent.

Edited by Ike

You should probably ban him or something.

As someone who's had a few "debates" with Wii. Unless I'm missing something, a permanent ban seems staggeringly harsh. He told someone he didn't care what they said/thought?

It would be amazing if it was really stated precisely what he did wrong and that the same punishment was dealt for everyone.

I did give you the reason for the infraction - it was for being downright disrespectful of other members, which is one of if not the problem with the forum. I told you I put the reason as insulting other members (which is partially correct) but it was for being disrespectful so you apparently didn't read it.

So what if Serebii felt the need to say that's why he didn't post it on here or on his site or some other place, there was absolutely no reason to respond with "Tell someone who cares" (and apparently you cared enough to make the post though, just sayin').

How would you like if you came in a thread and said "I'm not buying it because it's too expensive" or "I don't like x" and someone replied they didn't care? I bet you wouldn't like it.

As already stated by Ashley you could have put it more tactfully instead of coming off all aggressive, perhaps a little jealous, afterall no one did ask Serebii why he didn't post it and maybe we didn't need to know, or maybe we did.

Oh, and btw, it doesn't matter if it got reported or not, I saw the post and I took action on it.

The thread ban was due to our tougher moderation, also since you didn't care I thought I would help remove any temptation just in case you got a little curious.

You even then proceeded to throw a tantrum, even asking him to stop quoting you (a fair enough request if you don't want to see his posts, hope you added him to your ignore list as well), your original post and posts following from your infraction including those from this thread are the perfect examples of why this thread was created. These kinds of posts aren't doing you any favours, btw.

You frequently have had clashes with Serebii in the past, you refuse to add him to your ignore list, and have demonstrated other times when you've thrown tantrums after being told off.

But as stated you were not banned because of these posts.

Someone asked what's the plan going forward? Well here it is - we're getting to tougher on our moderation so some of you may want to take note, particularly those who who been asked to stop with certain actions but continues to do them.

We've been lenient in the past, we actually don't want to ban people if we can help it, but some of you would have been gone a long time ago on other forums. People crating second accounts to bypass a ban wouldn't be around long enough to say what they have to say.

If you want to stick around I suggest a) growing up and b) cooling off.

Edit: good grief, you still think your innocent.

I said I didn't get answers to my questions within this thread. I know what the infraction was for. I told people here what it was for. Was it RED? If it was, then that's seriously taking the p1ss.

I'll tell you now, I wouldn't give a crap if someone said that. It's not insulting them, it's saying I don't give a damn.

Serebii's had clashes with loads of people and he's none the worse for it. You go around acting all arrogant like, you're bound to rile people.

You still don't see the difference. I said I don't care what Serebii thinks. I didn't thrash the thread. So you acted preemptively rather than for something I did? Excellent moderation.

Isn't flamebaiting against site rules? Your post contains plenty of flamebaiting but you don't need to worry about that.

People crating second accounts to bypass a ban wouldn't be around long enough to say what they have to say.

This account is over 10 years old. I didn't need to create anything.

Edit: good grief, you still think your innocent

Better than that, I KNOW I'm innocent.

Do you want me to pick out all the times Serebii's insulted me? I don't report them because I don't care. Will it be an eye for an eye exactly? No and I do understand it's for posts hence forth.

cooling off

That at least I can agree on and will do. I haven't had a drink in over a month but feel like I need one now.

Better than that, I KNOW I'm innocent.

Not realising that you are guilty is yet another reason why you need a ban. We can reverse it when we feel enough time has passed.

As someone who's had a few "debates" with Wii. Unless I'm missing something, a permanent ban seems staggeringly harsh. He told someone he didn't care what they said/thought?

It would be amazing if it was really stated precisely what he did wrong and that the same punishment was dealt for everyone.

Actually, Serebii made an off-hand comment regarding a piece of news Wii posted. Wii responded to that with "nobody cares". Serebii wasn't even talking to him specifically.

It was a third infraction, from what I can tell. Either that, or the second infraction, and his tantrum in this thread was the third.

Ike said they're going to distribute those more frequently from now on. Who knows what will come of it.

Actually, Serebii made an off-hand comment regarding a piece of news Wii posted. Wii responded to that with "nobody cares". Serebii wasn't even talking to him specifically.

It was a third infraction, from what I can tell. Either that, or the second infraction, and his tantrum in this thread was the third.

Ike said they're going to distribute those more frequently from now on. Who knows what will come of it.

Okay, still seems ridiculously harsh.... Preposterous actually. So 3 of them is a permanent ban?

Is there a place for the rules? i just hope everyone's treated equally. People post far worse than that very regularly.

I said I didn't get answers to my questions within this thread. I know what the infraction was for. I told people here what it was for. Was it RED? If it was, then that's seriously taking the p1ss.

Yeah it was a red infraction and you already had 2 and 3 = ban.

I'll tell you now, I wouldn't give a crap if someone said that. It's not insulting them, it's saying I don't give a damn.

It's called having good manners then.

Serebii's had clashes with loads of people and he's none the worse for it. You go around acting all arrogant like, you're bound to rile people.

Do you want me to pick out all the times Serebii's insulted me? I don't report them because I don't care. Will it be an eye for an eye exactly? No and I do understand it's for posts hence forth.

Incorrect, he gotten banned in the past, he's received infractions. Because you haven't seen it doesn't mean things have happened in the background.

You still don't see the difference. I said I don't care what Serebii thinks. I didn't thrash the thread. So you acted preemptively rather than for something I did? Excellent moderation.

Ta.

Isn't flamebaiting against site rules? Your post contains plenty of flamebaiting but you don't need to worry about that.

Hey, feel free to report me or complain to the admins if you think I'm doing a bad job.

This account is over 10 years old. I didn't need to create anything.

Oh, so your Wii account was correctly banned for breaking the multiple account rule since it was newer.

FYI I was going to argue for having your account unbanned but your making it difficult to argue in your favour.

Okay, still seems ridiculously harsh.... Preposterous actually. So 3 of them is a permanent ban?

Is there a place for the rules? i just hope everyone's treated equally. People post far worse than that very regularly.

It was three (with an fourth one which we had removed) before he made his ridiculous rant and having a go at someone who had nothing to do with the situation.

As I said in my last post, we can reverse permanent bans. We have even let banned members return under a new name on occasion because enough time had passed and they were acting fine.

Well they better start behaving, 'cause the ban hammer is out. :p

It certainly is, it's quite exciting :)

I think saying "nobody cares" about a post doesn't deserve a red infaction, but let's see if this crazy strict approach works.

It certainly is, it's quite exciting :)

I think saying "nobody cares" about a post doesn't deserve a red infaction, but let's see if this crazy strict approach works.

To be clear it wasn't for simply saying "nobody cares" (The exact quote was "Tell someone who cares", not that it matters) it was for his general behaviour with posts like this. That post was just the final straw really.

I go and stain a deck and miss all the fun....

My opinion doesn't count for much, but I agree with the mods actions because Wiis reaction to the situation was not good or graceful, (the project hammer thread).

I do hope he can return at some point though. The human Nintendo RSS news feed was quite nice.

I do hope he can return at some point though. The human Nintendo RSS news feed was quite nice.

But @Dante hasn't been here in ages.

Yo what the fuck bro.

Hi and welcome to the forums, I hope you'll enjoy it here!

Just to point out a few things to anyone who cares:

The forums have gone on for a long, long time. I've literally spent half my life on these boards. Sometimes moderation uses a bit more of the stick, sometimes less.

Please refresh yourself with the rules if you like. 13 amazing rules to live by. You won't BELIEVE number 12 - SHOCKING!!

Same place it's been for eight years http://www.n-europe.com/forum/showthread.php?t=17447