NEurope
Rummy

Let's talk about this place.

So far this year has been mild here. Next week will be hitting the 80s though (27 ish) which will be miserable, but 35-37 isn't unheard of a couple times each summer. With average 70% humidity....I die. Can't even sleep without AC.

As am I :( I blame @Goafer for this heatwave

I can get behind that. A good scapegoat is always necessary.

Was it last year or the year before where we had a big heatwave and there was a weird fan shortage so you just couldn't buy one anywhere?

I know that there was a big heat wave in October around three years ago. That was crazy.

I used to sleep with a fan on at night in my room all year round. I just got so used to the noise during the summer that when it cooled down and I didn't need it anymore, it was way too quiet.

I was just saying i might buy a fan, but i didn't want to become a fanboy. They're not held with much regard around here...

I was just saying i might buy a fan, but i didn't want to become a fanboy. They're not held with much regard around here...

Nope too obvious. I expect a higher calibre of joke from you Bob.

I feel like I'm somehow taking this topic off-topic by bringing it back on-topic, but this is the first time I've read this since 3:45 on Friday morning!

And again, slight doubt standards, some people use the exact same reasoning to make out the other boards are better (no fighting there, so much nicer etc) - Don't say a word. Someone mentions that the reason it doesn't happen is because nintendo fans don't go on there and do the same things and you feel the need to condemn their point... Why didn't you want to condemn the original point that the other boards are implied "better" because there's no fighting?

This point wasn't raised by a few of us because we're saying nintendo fans are better, it was a direct response to someone mentioning it, and it is a valid point, maybe because the reason you said (you seemed to be arguing a point that was being made), but it is still the case, nintendo fans generally don't go over there much, so of course there isn't the inane bickering. It was purely an observation I'd imagine from everyone rather than a judgement call.

I feel that this might have been discussed somewhat more (glanced at the last 9 pages) but I guess it comes down to different thought processes. I only really brought it up because it's a general point that has been floated a few times and it came to mind and I wanted to discuss it.

I've never once seen Ashley be all "I run this place, so I am right, you are wrong".

I try not to be a dick. I fail often, but I try ;)

The other problem is ultra sensitive PS4 fans who feel the need to defend and kick off at the slightest amount of criticism towards their beloved console. No negative comments of any kind are allowed, unless they're against Nintendo obviously.

Have you been in the PS4 thread when PSN is down?

No clue how anyone could call Ashley obnoxious

Someone called me obnoxious...? Oh well, I've been called worse.

thread tl;dr

tumblr_maynhfag4b1qkfp0go1_250.gif

Edited by Ashley

I think some issues are only an issue here quite possibly because people spend too much time on the forums. People may read too much into things and/or take their online persona too seriously.

Taking a time out is a legitimate course to remind oneself on why they post here in the first place. I really don't see how people can get SO riled up at even repetitive posts - you have the power to change the course of the conversation by posting about something you wish to discuss or find another topic that interests you, or create your own topic.

Just don't reply the posts you find annoying/repetitive/negative? ::shrug:

If someone quotes your news story telling you useless information about why they didn't post it but yet felt the need to tell you they already knew that because, of course their arrogance, position on the internet and their Mensa sized head wouldn't allow it to go unnoticed. They are afterall the foremost knowledgeable person on the subject in the world. Their words, not mine. But don't reply with "Tell someone who cares.", literally that's all I wrote, because you'll get an infraction for insulting them. Especially when that said member probably reported you for it. Sad! Sad little man! Oh and a ban from the thread because they do practically own the franchise don't you know and I should know better than be in there. I haven't mentioned any names.

I haven't mentioned any names.

And i wish you would have done, because I am completely in the dark about who it could be.

Just a hint would have been nice.

I haven't mentioned any names.

That made me laugh out loud.

If someone quotes your news story telling you useless information about why they didn't post it but yet felt the need to tell you they already knew that because, of course their arrogance, position on the internet and their Mensa sized head wouldn't allow it to go unnoticed. They are afterall the foremost knowledgeable person on the subject in the world. Their words, not mine. But don't reply with "Tell someone who cares.", literally that's all I wrote, because you'll get an infraction for insulting them. Especially when that said member probably reported you for it. Sad! Sad little man! Oh and a ban from the thread because they do practically own the franchise don't you know and I should know better than be in there. I haven't mentioned any names.

You said "tell someone who cares". If you don't care, don't respond. And if you don't care (your own words) why would you care about a thread ban. There are plenty of ways you could have responded to that message ("not of interest to me, I was just posting that news") but you went for the most aggressive and snide.

And I'd appreciate if you didn't assume our mod team just sprung into action because someone complained. They're able to make decisions themselves.

If you want to stick around this place you need to stop with the middle school renaming of everything you dislike and need to stop responding so angrily. Yes you're goaded at times and that's being dealt with, but if this place is to become more harmonious it needs work from everyone. Nobody is perfect.

If you want to stick around this place you need to stop with the middle school renaming of everything you dislike and need to stop responding so angrily. Yes you're goaded at times and that's being dealt with, but if this place is to become more harmonious it needs work from everyone. Nobody is perfect.

Seggiebii was comedy gold tbf

Having just noticed the Pokemon thread, I thought that it might be quite an interesting topic. My interest in Pokemon has pretty much disappeared, since the formula felt a bit stale. I love the idea of Pokemon, but I get bored of the actual games pretty quick as it feels like retreading old ground. I was actually looking forward to fantasizing about a proper open world version of the game and discussing ideas with other people. It would have been a nice positive talk about Nintendo that we've all apparently been clamoring for.

But I'm not going to bother posting in there now, because I know that it'll just be met with "but the portability!". I don't think anyone was actually posting, thinking their ideas will actually be picked up as a business model. It was just wild, creative discussion, but that's not possible now and it's just another thread wasted by people's inability to take into account other people's opinions.

And although I'm blatantly talking about Serebii in this instance, I by no means blame him for the other shambolic examples of threads in here. It seems that there are a few people that just can't grasp the concept of differing opinions, feeling that their opinion must somehow be backed up with hard facts to make their opinion "right". If I wanted a Zelda game where Link changed his name to Kink, sprouted a colossal pair of tits and set out on an adventure to sodomise the entire cast of Saved By The Bell, it would obviously be a piss poor business decision for Nintendo, but my opinion wouldn't somehow be less valid. It would be my opinion and I'd be entitled to it.

You said "tell someone who cares". If you don't care, don't respond. And if you don't care (your own words) why would you care about a thread ban. There are plenty of ways you could have responded to that message ("not of interest to me, I was just posting that news") but you went for the most aggressive and snide.

And I'd appreciate if you didn't assume our mod team just sprung into action because someone complained. They're able to make decisions themselves.

Yep. Launch day so don't expect much. That's why I didn't post about it.

That's what he wrote. Now, there's 2 sentences there. The second one is what I have a problem with and what I was responding to. I don't need to be quoted from the self proclaimed know-it-all telling me they already knew it before I did, but of course he knew it. He knows everything. Why does he need to say he already knew it? I refer back to the italics in my previous post.

There are plenty of ways you could have responded to that message ("not of interest to me, I was just posting that news") but you went for the most aggressive and snide.

The "most" aggressive? The was not aggressive, not even remotely. I could have wrote a million things worse. Nor was it snide, I told it straight.

My comment was about him, not the subject of the thread title. So how does that get me banned from the thread? I know what Serebii's like. I bet he made some remark in PM's about "crapping up threads". Well where's the crap in the thread? I bet he just hates it that someone else posts news about his beloved "precious".

Must I write everything verbatim so as to avoid any confusion? Tell someone who cares Serebii that you already knew that information.

So @Rummy what's the plan with this thread going forward? Apart from a few comments here and there it feels like its winding down with most people having made their points.

To be fair, I had meant to write "That's why I didn't post about it on my site.". Not sure why I omitted the last three words.

What the intent of the post was, however, was to let people know that as the stream is to be after launch, it wouldn't be a stream of reveals merely of people playing the game.

I do apologise if any offence or misunderstandings occurred from my post. It was not my intent to cause ire.

Edited by Serebii

That's what he wrote. Now, there's 2 sentences there. The second one is what I have a problem with and what I was responding to. I don't need to be quoted from the self proclaimed know-it-all telling me they already knew it before I did, but of course he knew it. He knows everything. Why does he need to say he already knew it? I refer back to the italics in my previous post.

The "most" aggressive? The was not aggressive, not even remotely. I could have wrote a million things worse. Nor was it snide, I told it straight.

My comment was about him, not the subject of the thread title. So how does that get me banned from the thread? I know what Serebii's like. I bet he made some remark in PM's about "crapping up threads". Well where's the crap in the thread? I bet he just hates it that someone else posts news about his beloved "precious".

Must I write everything verbatim so as to avoid any confusion? Tell someone who cares Serebii that you already knew that information.

I've not been aware of him sending any PMs. The actions that were talking were based purely upon your comments.

If I wanted a Zelda game where Link changed his name to Kink, sprouted a colossal pair of tits and set out on an adventure to sodomise the entire cast of Saved By The Bell.

I'd buy it.

I'd probably only rent it. Now sure how quickly I might get bored with the rampant sodomy. Would it be a QTE?

I've said it before but I'll pull no punches when I feel it's called for. I asked some questions but got no answers, the ban hammer came a swinging alright though.

I should have told someone who cares.