NEurope
Rummy

Let's talk about this place.

Quantifying it as a way of illustrating your point is a paper thin defence. Calling someone a prat isn't as bad as suggesting someone can fuck off, but then again, you're the one preaching about the importance of being civil and me telling someone to fuck off was in error because I didn't read the OP properly. Anyway it's not a big deal, just another example of inconsistent modding, IMO. If I had called someone a prat I'm in no doubt I'd have had a warning.

Hey, you're right.

I'm banning myself from the thread. I'll be back in 48 hours(midnight thurs/fri I make that). See you all then!

Edited by Rummy

If only my Splatoon thread ban was only 48 hours [/jk][/notreally]

I do use Serebii for Pokemon info A LOT, and you're certainly the guy who knows the most about Pokemon that I know, but I have my doubts as to whether he's the guy that knows the most about Pokemon ever. You certainly have a very comprehensive site. There's going to be people out there who know BY MEMORY every Pokemon location of every game, every line of dialogue off by heart etc. who due to their freak genetics/biology would make you look small in comparison.

I think though, due to your closeness to the series, you fail to see it should have advanced more by now. Do I think it's sales will drop? Nah, any dropping the series is outnumbered by those that join it. People buy no matter what; they're in the series for life. I think the ideas I posted on the Pokemon topic are just and the game needs to advance, at least to an "alternate" series for the home console, which you could call a spinoff if you like. It wasn't really feasable until now, and any home console version would have just ended up "handheld version with prettier graphics and less portable features", but we're at the point now where EVERYONE is asking "where's our open-world adventure, living and breathing Pokemon world?" The Nintendo home console tech is now here for the creation of a truly new mainline but alternate Pokemon experience. The handheld versions can still continue, still be the beacon of new additions, but we should have an alternate home console series by now. Each one an adventure world based on each third version Pokemon Adventure Yellow? It'd never catch upto the handheld series, so it would NEVER lose its relevance.

Edited by Mr_Master_X2

I expected that to come up.

It was to illustrate the point that excusing it before hand isn't a reason to make it acceptable. Whilst I dropped some f bombs to accentuate it - I hardly liken 'big prat' to telling someone to fuck off. Yet, I know - to this you will respond to argue, and then I will respond, and you will respond, and then it will just be about us and not the thread at hand, and then it all seems a little familiar.

tl;dr - see 'I'm not racist but...'

More an aside, I know a few people who find the term "prat" on par to "fuck". They are in the minority of people I know, but just shows that even on this little island standards in language can vary a lot from place to place.

I do use Serebii for Pokemon info A LOT, and you're certainly the guy who knows the most about Pokemon that I know, but I have my doubts as to whether he's the guy that knows the most about Pokemon ever. You certainly have a very comprehensive site. There's going to be people out there who know BY MEMORY every Pokemon location of every game, every line of dialogue off by heart etc. who due to their freak genetics/biology would make you look small in comparison.

Yeah...I can do that though

I think though, due to your closeness to the series, you fail to see it should have advanced more by now. Do I think it's sales will drop? Nah, any dropping the series is outnumbered by those that join it. People buy no matter what; they're in the series for life. I think the ideas I posted on the Pokemon topic are just and the game needs to advance, at least to an "alternate" series for the home console, which you could call a spinoff if you like. It wasn't really feasable until now, and any home console version would have just ended up "handheld version with prettier graphics and less portable features", but we're at the point now where EVERYONE is asking "where's our open-world adventure, living and breathing Pokemon world?" The Nintendo home console tech is now here for the creation of a truly new mainline but alternate Pokemon experience. The handheld versions can still continue, still be the beacon of new additions, but we should have an alternate home console series by now. Each one an adventure world based on each third version Pokemon Adventure Yellow? It'd never catch upto the handheld series, so it would NEVER lose its relevance

There's that "everyone" moniker again. Once again you're mistaking the vocal minority for the majority

And again, I agreed that a spin-off akin to that would be awesome.

Another issue we seem to have that is increasingly winding me up is where people are having a discussion about something, and then one person ignores the points made by the other and/or stops replying to that particular bit of discussion. The same things then inevitably come up again later in the thread.

This gets boring very quickly.

Hey, you're right.

I'm banning myself from the thread. I'll be back in 48 hours(midnight thurs/fri I make that). See you all then!

The Day Phase has ended.

Votecount

Gizmo [1]: Fierce_LiNk

Majority has not been reached

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

Tense debates continued between members of the town with no end in sight. Members who had not posted in a while returned to voice their opinions, whilst others desired to have nothing to do with the ordeal. The most heated discussion of the day however arose as one member made a particular statement... Fair warning, it was arrogant.

"I am the foremost knowledgeable person about Pokémon in the world."

The town instantly turned on Professor Serebii, who in a mere sentence had managed to steer the debate solely onto him. Many argued about what he said, but their words proved to not be very effective as the professor stood firm by his claim, truly believing that he was the very best like no one ever was, or at least better than Professor Oak because seriously that guy thought there was only 150 Pokémon at one point. This would continue for a while, until all of a sudden, smoke began to fill the area. Amongst the confusion and disarray, a familiar face appeared from the smoke clouds.

"Hello dearies..."

Jamba has joined the game.

The ninja who made his surprise return wasted no time, and swiftly threw his two penneth into the discussion. One to contribute toward the recent ongoing debate surrounding the professor, and the other to contribute his thoughts on, well, what the topic was about in the first place. The town stood in awe at the returning member's presence. Some approached their old friend warmly and welcomed him back, whilst others forgot where they were and decided to talk about the weather instead. The professor couldn't let the ninja's words go unchallenged, however.

"To be fair, it's mostly the vocal minority who have issues with me. Never mistake the vocal minority for the majority."

"I understand that but we're talking about the things that make this place less desirable to visit, right? Conflicts between you and the vocal minority are a big part of that and when I left, it's all that the board was filled with.

In addition, my wife, after reading your post, came to the conclusion that you are an absolute cock!"

bluey has joined the game.

"He's an absolute cock."

bluey has left the game.

"...Um, did she really join the game? Didn't Jamba simply speak on her behalf just now? This write-up isn't being entirely faithful to the actual events..."

"She was targetted by a silencer in the previous night phase, so can't actually post right now due to being victim to the silencer's disgusting behaviour. However, I have an alliance with her, so we can discuss outside of the thread with our marriage powers."

The town continued to argue, as well as talk more about the weather. Damn it's hot. Also Metroid Prime Federation Force came up for some reason. Even Rummy, the topic creator, had had enough, and proceeded to post something that in his own words, was "rude". It could be argued that this "fair warning" was putting things rather generously. And if something could be argued, then it inevitably would. Ronnie's time to strike had come.

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

"You're the one preaching about the importance of being civil. If I had called someone a prat I'm in no doubt I'd have had a warning."

Rummy had no counter-argument.

"Hey, you're right.

I'm banning myself from the thread. I'll be back in 48 hours(midnight thurs/fri I make that). See you all then!"

He gave a thanks to Fierce_LiNk for his prior protection, and calmly swung the ban hammer down upon his own person.

Rummy has (temporarily) left the game.

dick-giggle(a).gif

"...Well, this has sure been an eventful day, pals!"

"Hey, you've been inactive for the entire thread despite being mentioned in the first post! And the only thing you have to say after all this time is a stupid and long-winded Mafia write-up joke? It wasn't even timely! It's already been over 12 hours since Rummy banned himself, and several people have posted since! I say we lynch this guy!"

For the first time in this game, the town was in complete agreement. Sprout had to go.

Sprout is guilty. He was Neutral, and didn't want this write-up to appear like he was making certain members look more unfavorable than others, so asked in his final words that nobody take this post the wrong way. He was a silly loser who contributed nothing of worth to the thread.

The Night Phase has begun. ??? members remain.

apollo-sweats%28a%29.gif

"...Hey, Jamba is great an' all, but don't I get a "Diageo has joined the game.", too? Did anybody even notice that I also came back to make a post? Anyone? My... my chords of steeeeel..."

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

...Honestly, @Jonnas, how do you and the other Mafia creators make these write-ups interesting? I'm not cut out for this, pal. =P

Well shit this entire thread was worth it just for that light hearted bit of wordplay!

Well shit this entire thread was worth it just for that light hearted bit of wordplay!

Honestly from day 1 this has been the best thread I've read in a long time.

2. Many of the responses made to Serebii consisted more of "Why I think you're wrong" than "Why I think you're missing the point of this thread", which is what I was trying to get at. If more people had done the latter, I think it would've become a non-issue

Best comment on the subject of the pokemon thing - we need more of this thinking. How can you make the best of a situation you think is problematic.

Serebii was not as clear as he wanted to be regarding the spin-off thing. As much as he wanted to the comments did come off as "it won't work and a spin off is acceptable to me I guess".

If he had (or someone else engaged him about) what he would like to see it would have pushed everything in a better direction.

Positivity isn't just saying good things (about Nintendo) - its finding the good/helpful way of having the same discussion even if it is about something that isn't right.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

...Honestly, @Jonnas, how do you and the other Mafia creators make these write-ups interesting? I'm not cut out for this, pal. =P

Of course you are :hehe: That was great. Makes me want to have a go at doing write-ups again. Maybe an 8-man mafia? I digress.

More than the write-up, I have to thank you for cheering us all up, which I think can only be a good thing :)

Fuark, now I'm in the mood to play a mafia.

That killed me, @Sprout. Best thing I've seen on here in a long time.

So... back to the weather...

4SBP97z.jpg

Y'all are wusses :p

I've lived in both Australia and England - for some reason, weather reasons, British heat always feels much harsher. 34 in the UK is like 40 in Australia.

Moltres used Heat Wave

It's Super Effective

Serebii fainted.

Moltres used Heat Wave

It's Super Effective

Serebii fainted.

But could I see a home console version? :awesome:

I've lived in both Australia and England - for some reason, weather reasons, British heat always feels much harsher. 34 in the UK is like 40 in Australia.

It's because of the humidity. I'm in Michigan so we rarely have dry heat which is tolerable but the effect of the humidity can easily make it feel much hotter than the actual temperature. Like windchill in the winter.

So I poke fun, but I know what you're experiencing. Your summers are just normally milder than mine I believe.

You should keep that to yourself @Serebii, people might use it to silence you in some discussions :heh:

GAF mocks me about a heatwave comment I made two years ago (that was taken out of context a bit), so it's all good :p

It's because of the humidity. I'm in Michigan so we rarely have dry heat which is tolerable but the effect of the humidity can easily make it feel much hotter than the actual temperature. Like windchill in the winter.

So I poke fun, but I know what you're experiencing. Your summers are just normally milder than mine I believe.

Very true. Have heard rumours that today was Britains hottest day on record.

Very true. Have heard rumours that today was Britains hottest day on record.

I heard it just the hottest it's ever been in July.

I heard it just the hottest it's ever been in July.

Could very well be true I wasn't really listening. I was melting.