NEurope
Rummy

Let's talk about this place.

The absolute wurst unless you have some nice Puns to put them in.

I do like how this thread can go from dead serious to silly and back again.

Kind of like the admins/mods here.

Someone asked about infraction time limits;

It's optional for the infractioner (er... need a real word here, jayseven) to pick an expiry, or to leave it as permanent.

I actually have a permanent yellow infraction, and have had a temporary yellow infraction too. But I was being a dickhead so I deserved it.

is there a way you can check and review if you have any infractions?

That might be useful, some kind of visual indicator for users so they can see they have to put extra effort into playing nice. I guess I'm infraction free, I presume I would remember if I'd gotten any, but then again my memory is pretty poor!

I know they are because I know Daft knows he has one. No idea how though...

Just click on User CP at the top of the page, that'll show you any infractions you have.

Just click on User CP at the top of the page, that'll show you any infractions you have.

Under user notifications?

Nothing comes up for me either, wonder if it's because we don't have any?!

Why have I suddenly got 42 new PMs...?

You know why.....:shakehead

Fairly certain I don't have infractions. Typically it's good form for the issuer(that the word you were looking for Jay?) to notify the user when and why they received it correct?

I recall getting a joke one once on a different site and by just not deleting the PM you can keep track of them. I don't remember if the UCP kept track.

Just skimmed the last few pages, and noticed Wii was banned. Since I stay away of discussion, I have no idea what the reason was, or even if the ban was fair or harsh, I only know I generally liked him as a member, so I hope it's a temp-ban.

Just skimmed the last few pages, and noticed Wii was banned. Since I stay away of discussion, I have no idea what the reason was, or even if the ban was fair or harsh, I only know I generally liked him as a member, so I hope it's a temp-ban.

Apparently it's permanent with the mods having the option of allowing him back at an undetermined point in the future.

You know why.....:shakehead

Fairly certain I don't have infractions. Typically it's good form for the issuer(that the word you were looking for Jay?) to notify the user when and why they received it correct?

I recall getting a joke one once on a different site and by just not deleting the PM you can keep track of them. I don't remember if the UCP kept track.

Yeah it gets sent as a PM when infracted, with message etc from issuer.

Apparently it's permanent with the mods having the option of allowing him back at an undetermined point in the future.

I don't believe any ban should be overturned. If someone has repeatedly broken the rules, repeatedly got red marks against their name and also then had duplicate accounts - it would make a mockery of any rules to then let them back.

I think despite arguments and name calling, mods have always been lenient with infractions and fair when infractions have been given and reasonable arguments have been made for them to be withdrawn.

I can't imagine how far someone would have to go for three red strikes and I don't know what was said in Wii's case. However it is illustrative of the kind of personality someone has when they bring that down on themselves.

As I said before, I don't like to see anyone getting banned. But once that decision has been made and someone has gone that far to bring that down on themselves it should be final as that person has proved themselves to be of the wrong temperament.

I also think this sets an important example.

I don't believe any ban should be overturned. If someone has repeatedly broken the rules, repeatedly got red marks against their name and also then had duplicate accounts - it would make a mockery of any rules to then let them back.

I think despite arguments and name calling, mods have always been lenient with infractions and fair when infractions have been given and reasonable arguments have been made for them to be withdrawn.

I can't imagine how far someone would have to go for three red strikes and I don't know what was said in Wii's case. However it is illustrative of the kind of personality someone has when they bring that down on themselves.

As I said before, I don't like to see anyone getting banned. But once that decision has been made and someone has gone that far to bring that down on themselves it should be final as that person has proved themselves to be of the wrong temperament.

I also think this sets an important example.

99% agree. If a member is permanently banned it should be with good cause.

But the 1% disagreement is that people DO change. It is rare, and unlikely to happen though. I would be surprised to see Wii grace these boards again. I do think it is a shame though, I have noticed a big difference since he left.

Some may be people behaving themselves, seeing that just because they contribute doesn't make them above the rules.

Some may be that a significant contributor is no longer able to... so things are that much quieter/less interesting. It is after all the number of different voices that make a forum what it is.

I do think it is a shame though, I have noticed a big difference since he left.

Yeah. I used to like the majority of what he posted. News, funny videos, eye-opening videos, pictures, tweets, etc.

It's kinda quiet on that front in the Nintendo Boards now (at least I feel like it is) :(

However, he was banned for a good reason (maybe, I don't know the circumstances) so it will most likely stay that way.