NEurope
Rummy

Let's talk about this place.

Ok now that you've stipulated in the Pokemon niche, I can believe it.

The point I think a lot of us are trying to say is... we get it, we get you run a popular site. Well done you. I'm sure people who care about Pokemon love it. We get that you have a reason to be arrogant, the point is... that doesn't mean you have to be arrogant. You could try being humble, and not mentioning how you're the foremost expert, how you are the Pokemon Professor, how we should bow to your knowledge of the games. You honestly couldn't sound like more of a bell if you tried when you start spouting that kind of thing, which is a shame because I think you add a huge amount to these boards and your positivity is something to be proud of.

A bit of humility is infinitely more personable a trait than rubbing your sites popularity in our faces at every opportunity. IMO.

I wasn't rubbing it in people's faces.

I'm not sure your opinion on how you think other people should react to what you say really matters. It's them that you are having a discussion with not yourself.

The amount you post suggests that you want to communicate with other people here. The amount of people that get upset/frustrated by your posts would suggest that how you are doing that is (at the very least) not effective.

Not trying to be rude with that, just practical.

I'm not sure your opinion on how you think other people should react to what you say really matters. It's them that you are having a discussion with not yourself.

The amount you post suggests that you want to communicate with other people here. The amount of people that get upset/frustrated by your posts would suggest that how you are doing that is (at the very least) not effective.

Not trying to be rude with that, just practical.

To be fair, it's mostly the vocal minority who have issues with me. Never mistake the vocal minority for the majority.

To be fair, it's mostly the vocal minority who have issues with me. Never mistake the vocal minority for the majority.

I understand that but we're talking about the things that make this place less desirable to visit, right? Conflicts between you and the vocal minority are a big part of that and when I left, it's all that the board was filled with.

Got to be honest, even having this short discussion with you feels like you are unwilling to see things from another persons point of view and are happy to carry on with how things are. Are you really that entrenched with your behaviour that you can't consider that modifying to could make your time and others here better? 'cos that's certainly what I'm hearing from what you're saying.

You're not being logical Serebii...

You seem to imply that the vocal minority against you hold an opposing view to the silent majority, who you presume hold your view....

Do you not realise how arrogant you are being by implying that you are the majority

Unless someone is vocal you can't assume their opinion matches the one you want them to have.

I think we should at least all agree that it's too hot this week :(

Just enjoy it before summer turns wintry prematurely!

I can't wait for winter. I've always been terrible in the heat.

You're not being logical Serebii...

You seem to imply that the vocal minority against you hold an opposing view to the silent majority, who you presume hold your view....

Unless someone is vocal you can't assume their opinion matches the one you want them to have.

No, but the fact many have informed me in private about it implies otherwise.

You do realise this statement is almost completely pointless. You may feel like you have made a parry in that argument but you've essentially said nothing. It almost reads as though you made that up just to gain a minor victory in this conversation. Not saying you have... it just very, VERY much reads that way.

And yes, the following is arrogant (fair warning), yet true. It's not me being blunt or anything but I am the foremost knowledgeable person about Pokémon in the world. I know what I'm on about.

Therefore, the attempts to shut me down, saying I'm stubborn and insinuating that I don't know what I'm on about was out of line. All I was doing was trying to make the discussion as to how we could make it so it could work and be a feasible thing. I made sure I wasn't saying "OH MY GOD, this will never happen." and was trying to further the topic so we could discuss awesome feasible ideas for it.

Sorry to double quote this but you guys wanted feedback from long-gones right? Bluey just read this over my shoulder and had only the following to say:

"What an absolute cock"

Point well and truly missed, great.

@Jamba: Welcome back, good to see you :) I actually remembered the other day about the fact that I used to wish for a fighting Pokémon game, and that we discussed the possibilities of one. And now it's happening! :grin:

Now, not trying to take away from what you said, but Serebii only said the thing he said after 4 pages of people saying "You're wrong about this Pokémon discussion" in another thread. I'm not trying to excuse him, just saying that I somewhat disagree with Ronnie, because Serebii doesn't actually use every opportunity to rub this in people's faces (not until now, anyway :heh:).

It's just that this particular instance is pretty egregious. But at least we're in the right thread to discuss it:

And yes, the following is arrogant (fair warning), yet true. It's not me being blunt or anything but I am the foremost knowledgeable person about Pokémon in the world. I know what I'm on about.

Look, I know it wounds your pride to see people doubting your Pokémon knowledge, but this falls in line with the type of comment I was talking about previously.

You may have a lot of knowledge regarding Pokémon, and sure, your opinion on the subject (namely, on how likely something is to happen) is not to be taken lightly. But that doesn't make you automatically right (and certainly doesn't turn your claims into "facts". Remember that thing I said about choosing your words?), or above being disagreed with. This is something we all have to deal with, whether the other person is wrong or right.

I know you felt pushed to make that comment (and I do have some issues with the posts others did in that thread, but that's beside the point), but you should avoid making absolute statements like that, even under pressure, because, even if you are right, nobody will want to treat you like you are.

Edited by Jonnas

In the same way that the fact many informing you in public implies something as well...

When something is said publicly and 10 people agree, 9 people don't need to repeat it.

When something is said privately and 10 people agree, all 10 people will repeat as they don't know the other 9 have already said it to you...

I'm just saying unless the majority have all pm'd you, you can't really say 100% where the majority stand. And support on one point doesn't necessarily give you a permanent thumbs up...

This is exactly why @Glen\-i...

It's its own game. It won't be a minigame in another game.

Really surprised that so many think this.

It's absolute statements like this which make others out to be stupid, which are then proved wrong.

But it's what Serebii does and I have no doubt we'd joke about it in person if we met up.

This is exactly why @Glen\-i...

It's absolute statements like this which make others out to be stupid, which are then proved wrong.

But it's what Serebii does and I have no doubt we'd joke about it in person if we met up.

Technically it is it's own game that is packaged with another game :p

Actually technically it is just a minigame in another game.

:heh:

Translation: sorry-not-sorry

Man its nice to see @Jamba back and many of the other seldom posting members, it makes me realise just how many don't post as actively as much (and makes me want to post on some other sites i've neglected)

Winter is coming

Along with Jon snow

Edited by Agent Gibbs

All I was saying was that the games as they are wouldn't work on a home console so there would have to be a justification and was trying to steer the discussion as to what could be that justification

Therefore, the attempts to shut me down, saying I'm stubborn and insinuating that I don't know what I'm on about was out of line. All I was doing was trying to make the discussion as to how we could make it so it could work and be a feasible thing. I made sure I wasn't saying "OH MY GOD, this will never happen." and was trying to further the topic so we could discuss awesome feasible ideas for it.

And the following is gonna be rude (fair warning)

You were throwing your fucking weight around in a thread that in its opening fucking line said no 'it doesn't work' comments and yet you insisted on doing it because you're a big prat who thinks he's the bee's knees about Pokemon and can consume this place to fit your ego.

And before you call me rude; did my 'fair warning' not justify it? No it didn't?

Well neither does yours. Your arrogance is not an excuse. Egos are abrasive, and the bigger yours(plural/general) is - the more problems will arise. Strangely - I think I've come to realise that's the crux of everything here; the problem people are the ones with the biggest egos and insecurities that they have to make everything a fight - even if people try not to.

I think increasingly there is little to no way forward on this THAN stricter moderation and going back to the old N-Europe party line;

'Posting is a privilege, not a right.'

Edited by Rummy

And for the record Serebii - stop trying to explain to me 'all you were saying'.

The problem, notably in that thread, isn't that people don't understand what you're saying - but that you keep saying it.

And the following is gonna be rude (fair warning)

You were throwing your fucking weight around in a thread that in its opening fucking line said no 'it doesn't work' comments and yet you insisted on doing it because you're a big prat who thinks he's the bee's knees about Pokemon and can consume this place to fit your ego.

And before you call me rude; did my 'fair warning' not justify it? No it didn't?

Well neither does yours. Your arrogance is not an excuse. Egos are abrasive, and the bigger yours(plural) is - the more problems will arise. Strangely - I think I've come to realise that's the crux of everything here; the problem people are the ones with the biggest egos and insecurities that they have to make everything a fight - even if people try not to.

I think increasingly there is little to no way forward on this THAN stricter moderation and going back to the old N-Europe party line;

'Posting is a privilege, not a right.'

Not that I disagree with the above, because I don't, but didn't you just recently have a massive go at me for being abusive and saying that we should be civil in here? I'm sorry to say it but it again seems to come down to your one rule for some people, another for everyone else.

Not that I disagree with the above, because I don't, but didn't you just recently have a massive go at me for being abusive and saying that we should be civil in here? I'm sorry to say it but it again seems to come down to your one rule for some people, another for everyone else.

You told someone to fuck right off. There is no point to that statement beyond being abrasive. What Rummy just said had a point despite being abrasive.

You told someone to fuck right off. There is no point to that statement beyond being abrasive. What Rummy just said had a point despite being abrasive.

I told someone they could fuck right off because of their unwarranted attack on me the day before, which I referenced in the same sentence. I had clearly misunderstood Rummy's original post, where I thought this was the thread to get everything out of our system. I was wrong and then wasn't abusive since.

I suspect if I had posted what Rummy just did and called someone a prat, I'd get a thread ban and/or a warning.

I expected that to come up.

It was to illustrate the point that excusing it before hand isn't a reason to make it acceptable. Whilst I dropped some f bombs to accentuate it - I hardly liken 'big prat' to telling someone to fuck off. Yet, I know - to this you will respond to argue, and then I will respond, and you will respond, and then it will just be about us and not the thread at hand, and then it all seems a little familiar.

tl;dr - see 'I'm not racist but...'