NEurope
Rummy

Let's talk about this place.

Let's talk about this place.

So. The Nintendo boards. It isn't going to come as a surprise to many of you that the atmosphere here is a strange one that keeps going up and down, and I've decided I'd like to address it. First things first - some ground rules and background to the thread.

Rule 0: this is going to be a tl;dr post+thread. Please try to take the time to read through everything.

1. This thread is my own idea - don't hold anyone else accountable. I've wanted the Nintendo boards for a while as a mod, and this was something in the back of my mind from since the 3D world fiasco. However I'm doing this thread off my own back and taking full responsiblity so please don't hold anyone else on the mod or admin team to account for anything here - if there's issues please talk to me.

2. It may get ugly - This thread is here for us to have an open discussion about this subforum, the atmosphere, and its problems. Please be fully aware of that, and try not to get too caught up in it all. It's going to be heated, and it's going to be honest, and it's probably going to get personal - that isn't an excuse for anyone to be intentionally hateful, hurtful, vindictive or spiteful(nor under a defensive guise, either). There may be criticisms levelled at certain members, and even myself as a moderator(which is both fine and encouraged) - please be aware of that and try not to get too reactionary or upset about it. I think it's going to be difficult to have an open discussion without hurting anyone's feelings - but do not make that your mission in this thread. We, including me, are all people and let's remember that for a while at least, please.

3. I'm holding it under ransom - this is, right now, my thread. I don't intend to censor anything I simply disagree with, but I will be liberally editing and deleting posts if I think they're getting too personal towards others or too harsh or going to lead to controversial and unproductive conversation. Having said that, I'm not going to be handing out punishments to people for what they say here unless I feel they're really being vindictive to someone else for the sake of it (I'm absolutely fair game for anyone's bitching though :p).

4. You won't always be able to post here - Not only do I worry about the tension that may arise in this thread, but I also can't be here all the time to keep it in check if necessary. As a result this thread is going to open and close. Whilst this may be an annoyance, I think it may also be a good thing in giving people time to step off and think about what they want to say - please do to consider whilst the thread is locked what you might wish to post when it's open so that you may do so in time when it is. I think this will add the benefit of giving consideration to posts(type them up somewhere as soon as you would if the thread was open, then review and post later) too.

5. Please listen to me - this thread might take a turn I've not foreseen. I may ask people to be mindful of something in this case, or to leave a subject alone - it'll be what I consider a last resort but if I do please try to listen to that. If it comes to such a point you may find yourself unable to post in the thread for a while(I'll let you know if this happens and why, ofc).

So, dem's da rules for now. So why the thread? There's issues here, and a notable(but not the only) issue is - it's putting people off posting. It is in my opinion damaging this dwindling community we have. The fact the issues continue without resolve is not productive. The problem is starting to spiral beyond an acceptable level for me (albeit a small spiral, but it's getting worse).

Now - the background/issue (as I see it, not absolute, and not necessarily correct)

People are butting heads(myself included at times). People who aren't butting heads don't like the fact that people are butting heads. They don't like the way people are behaving nor treating each other. The atmosphere from this is not great nor nice. Threads are getting derailed as a result. People making points don't like the threads getting derailed, and good points AND good discussion ARE getting lost(a genuinely massive shame given the calibre of the posts and posters we typically have had on this forum). People aren't always being respected, and points aren't always being respected. Rivalries and judgements have formed, and when one person says something it's taken more to be about the person saying it than what is being said - this naturally leads to many frustrations; both by those involved and those observing.

Some people are negative on Nintendo, some are positive - but the two seem so absolutely on the opposite sides of things that it's causing serious arguments that can't be left alone. Each is trying to convince the other of their viewpoint and why it's apparently right, to no avail, and sometimes scraping the barrel to do so. Not everyone is guilty, but we certainly have some extremes. The flipside of this is - with a lot of arguments there is blame on more than one side.

The crux, in my opinion? People are just simply now getting too personal and taking too much to heart. Person A says something, person B disagrees and voices this opinion, Person A and B bicker away and it eventually gets personal and this sits and simmers within even after the argument, amplified at the next argument and making it degenerate quicker. Not to mention completely consuming threads along the way.

Am I right? Am I wrong? Tell me.

And that's the reason for this thread. I feel it's affecting all of us and I feel it isn't properly being talked about - so I want to offer a space in which to do exactly that and talk about it. I've already spoken to some people privately but there's many more of us than that. Basically - I'm asking you all as the community here(members, mods, admins and anyone else forgotten) to talk to me about it - as honestly as you like. What is, if anything, bugging you the most? What do you feel is the way forward and how do we move on from this? This place is still very close to me, and I presume to all of you that it keeps you coming back, but we've got a problem and we need to talk about it and look to a way forward, so;

Talk to me.

Talk to other people too. Those who've left, those who don't post, those who don't do both those things because of these sorts of issues. I want to hear what everyone's got to say, and hopefully take it to work on something moving forward to try and reduce the issues. I can't make any promises at all, but I think I can at least try - but I need everyone's help to do that.

(I'm going mention a lot of people. Those active on the forum including some who have referenced the issues and a few others too. It's neither a comprehensive, exhuastive, nor compulsory to post list - if you're not on here it's absolutely no meaning, but definitely post if you have something to say or even to mention someone who might)

@\-Dem0\- @nando @david\.dakota @Dr\. bob @Glen\-i @Hero\-of\-Time @kav82 @Mr\-Paul @Paj\! @S\.C\.G @V\. Amoleo @Ville @VsPhoenix @welsh_gamer @Wii @yesteryeargames @Zechs Merquise @Zell

Edited by Rummy

One thing I've noticed a lot recently is a lot of "baiting" posts - something intended to get an angry response from a certain member. Now, there are some clearly in jest and are taken well by the person they're aimed at, but some of them just seem petty.

Thanks for trying to address this.

There are definite issues here and there have been for a while - several forum members are always considered to have invalid opinions and some others seem to basically delight in nothing more than picking apart the posts and opinions of a few others. I'm all for diversity in our little group, but I honestly don't think people here know how to use the ignore function and instead resort to childish chat room tactics. It's ridiculous and does leave me not really wanting to post here at times.

I'm not exempt from this behaviour and can just be as insufferable and antagonistic at times. There are people on here I really dislike and I still try and engage with them on a reasonably polite level. I'm not going to make it my personal mission to attack that person every time they post, but rather I'll just... deal with whatever issues I have and contribute to the overall discussion without highlighting those issues. Nobody wants to read my stupid arguments with someone in a Pokemon thread.

There is nothing wrong with someone being super pro Nintendo. That said, there is also nothing wrong with someone being super down on Nintendo. We have people in the community who fall into both camps and they should still be treated with respect.

If a dumb personal feud between you and someone else has developed and is being sustained (by either party), do everyone else a favour and ignore that user. Failing that, maybe mods can force a user to ignore another for a set period of time. I hate that something like that would even need considering, but what other option is there?

We also need to consider there is the possible reality that without the feuds, hatreds and arguments this place would just fizzle away and die. Are we feeding on the drama? I guess there's only one way to find out.

Edited by Guy

I dont actually think there are as many members causing trouble in the Nintendo section as there used to be. Serebii still annoys the hell out of me and a year ago I would have been calling for something to be done about him but now its more his usual arrogance and "personality quirks" which thankfully I dont see as much anymore due to having him on ignore.

The person that is still causing all the problems is Ronnie as I have said before. We all know his problems with Wii and refusal to stop replying to him so I wont go through that again but he is the main poster who derails threads. He has such an issue with negative posts that we get situations like the voice chat one with Splatoon and he is complaining before anyone has actually made the comment. He's been given constant warnings and bans from threads yet continues to cause trouble.

I agree. It has come to a point where whenever I post something positive, or try to explain why something may have been the way it is, I get attacked by certain people. They go in saying I'm deluded and begin insulting me just because I have a different viewset to them.

I'm not innocent as I am very stubborn and fight back, and for that I do apologise, but it's ridiculous that I can't be positive without people jumping down my throat because I disagree with them.

Like @Cube has said, there's an issue with baiting on both sides. One user often goes in and trolls topics about games or features he doesn't like, often with ridiculous nicknames such as "Captain Turd". This sort of thing does need to be stopped as it does kill the atmosphere a bit. Yeah, you don't like the game. That's fine, I don't like all games either, but that sort of behaviour is a bit iffy.

Great thread, @Rummy. Thank you very much for addressing this.

I may write a longer post if I find the time to give the issue more thought, but there is one thing I would like to say:

The inevitable comparison to the Other Consoles Board.

Whenever someone writes something negative in a Nintendo thread, it goes downhill quite fast. Someone is getting very defensive about the argument at hand very quickly and often uses a harsh language which in turn provokes a response that is equally offensive.

Sometimes people are even ridiculed for voicing a negative opinion.

I'm not saying one side is right and the other side is wrong. What's wrong is the language and the way it gets personal way too quickly.

Now, when I see 'arguments' in the Other Consoles Board they are rational and calm. Opinions are accepted but critically challenged without being offensive or personal.

I have no idea why there is such a huge difference in tone between the two boards...but the tone in the Nintendo Forums are making me want to post less and less there...

So yeah, I didn't read that long post, but I expect it can be summed up by "Don't be a dick", and I avoid making posts that cause the need for such a thread (I'd like to think anyway).

I don't come often on the Nintendo boards anymore, this has nothing to do with the atmosphere, and all with me not having money for new Nintendo consoles, so I just spend my money on cheap indie games on Steam for the most part.

But I'm still a Nintendo fan, so I still check all the news and the E3 threads and what not, and I do find myself more and more facepalming at posts, even from veteran members. I expect them to know better. Some of these discussions are really tiring, but as I

avoid making (or reading) posts that caused the need for such a thread
, I just ignore them and hit the back button.

If you can't react to someone's opinion in a normal matter, please do the same :).

I think a big part of the problem is that lots of people posting in the Nintendo board/threads no longer play (or have any interest in) Nintendo games, or at least the game in question, and likewise those they clash with don't play on other systems either. This means discussion often ends up being nothing to with the topic at all, and therefore makes it a much less inviting place for those that do want to post or read impressions. :hmm:

If posting in certain Nintendo board threads was somehow restricted to members that actually still play the games, I reckon the situation would improve quite a bit.

Like how on Miiverse where you can filter it to only show messages from people that own the game relative to a specific community. ::shrug:

I think a big part of the problem is that lots of people posting in the Nintendo board/threads no longer play (or have any interest in) Nintendo games, or at least the game in question

I disagree. I think lots of people would love to play Nintendo games and be more interested in Nintendo again.

And that's why they voice their opinion (which, of course, are negative given the current situation).

I disagree. I think lots of people would love to play Nintendo games and be more interested in Nintendo again.

And that's why they voice their opinion (which, of course, are negative given the current situation).

Yeah, but when they come into a thread of a game they haven't played and crap it up, that's a problem.

Yes, Nintendo have made questionable decisions lately, and they deserve some scrutiny, but what @RedShell is saying is sound. Much of it is just people coming in and, for lack of a better term, shitposting.

Well, that situation ain't gonna change any time soon. So it's pretty much a case of just continue as things are, or do something to try and improve the forum now.

Now, when I see 'arguments' in the Other Consoles Board they are rational and calm. Opinions are accepted but critically challenged without being offensive or personal.

I have no idea why there is such a huge difference in tone between the two boards...but the tone in the Nintendo Forums are making me want to post less and less there...

Do we even have arguments on the Other Consoles Board? Except for when we all shout at Choze. Bar everyone getting annoyed at Destiny or PSN going down for the n-th time, I don't remember the last time the OCB got heated.

If posting in certain Nintendo board threads was somehow restricted to members that actually still play the games, I reckon the situation would improve quite a bit.

Like how on Miiverse where you can filter it to only show messages from people that own the game relative to a specific community. ::shrug:

Sorry but that sounds ridiculous. I may not like Nintendo all that much at the moment but I am interested in the gaming industry as a whole so still enjoy talking about it.

I dont actually think there are as many members causing trouble in the Nintendo section as there used to be. Serebii still annoys the hell out of me and a year ago I would have been calling for something to be done about him but now its more his usual arrogance and "personality quirks" which thankfully I dont see as much anymore due to having him on ignore.

The person that is still causing all the problems is Ronnie as I have said before. We all know his problems with Wii and refusal to stop replying to him so I wont go through that again but he is the main poster who derails threads. He has such an issue with negative posts that we get situations like the voice chat one with Splatoon and he is complaining before anyone has actually made the comment. He's been given constant warnings and bans from threads yet continues to cause trouble.

I have to agree with this. I don't remember who posted this recently, but someone basically said this video was what it must like to be Wii.

And I don't really understand it. @Ronnie, if Wii is ignoring you then he can't see your posts, but then everyone still gets to see these constant snarky remarks posted directly after him. You were warned not to mention him but for some reason you still quote him, for all intents and purposes. I genuinely think if the mods told Ronnie not to quote or respond to him in any way or else get an infraction/whatevs then the problem would go away. The problem with this particular situation, IMO, is that there has been no real deterrent to stop it. He was told not to mention him and he just found a way around it; he still essentially mentions him and clogs up the threads, just he does so for us and not Wii.

And @Serebii, that isn't really the truth. I have on numerous occasions seen you put people down, just recently telling Daft he didn't know what a word meant. The biggest problems I have is not that you like Nintendo, it's the way you go about posting. You can be quite arrogant in terms of telling people what simply 'cannot be' or what is 'illogical', and you can be quite blinkered in the way you argue (in that you ignore truths or evidence off hand). It can be very annoying to have a debate with someone who ignores things that are not convenient, and IMO that's why things can often get heated. It's difficult to have good debates with people who have that mix of traits.

Another person who has at least recently been giving me grief is @dazzybee. I mean, sometimes he is fine, and we can have a bit of a laugh. But on more than a few occasions recently, should I post anything negative about Nintendo, he's often there using the fact it's 'me' as a reason why I should be ignored, or pointing out that I'm the one with the problem, as if my points aren't really valid. Recently he went through my last 50 posts in order to basically have a dig at me, rather than consider why I was unhappy with Nintendo's offerings recently.

And time and time again I see the following comments made, or near enough, which are frankly infuriating:

"You don't like Nintendo, why are you posting here?"

"This is a Nintendo board, y u be negative?"

Or the worst - "This site says N-Europe, don't like Nintendo? Get out!"

Suggesting any of those should result in a ban. :laughing:

Before people think this sounds like a one-sided rant, I'm going to admit that my comments aren't very passive. Just recently, I said that Fire Emblem looked to be selling the fuck out. If you really like that series still, even after the changes, I can see that that comment might be at complete odds to your own. But please! Engage me, I like a good debate. Why does your opinion differ? Don't just assume that I was dropped on the head to think this way! I am sometimes colourful with my language and I do take issue with a lot of what Nintendo does these days, but I enjoy the ride and finding out where we're going.

I think a lot of the problems here, like Rummy rightly pointed out, is that people disagree with others but don't go about challenging the people in the right way. Like telling people that their opinion, essentially, doesn't matter, or taking part in a debate and pretty much ignore people's points (or being arrogant about it). And let's be honest, it's almost always people who don't like negativity kicking up a fuss. The way to move forward, IMO, is people being more accepting of other opinions (both sides) and maybe taking a moment or two to think before replying.

And that's the reason for this thread. I feel it's affecting all of us and I feel it isn't properly being talked about - so I want to offer a space in which to do exactly that and talk about it. I've already spoken to some people privately but there's many more of us than that. Basically - I'm asking you all as the community here(members, mods, admins and anyone else forgotten) to talk to me about it - as honestly as you like. What is, if anything, bugging you the most?What do you feel is the way forward and how do we move on from this? This place is still very close to me, and I presume to all of you that it keeps you coming back, but we've got a problem and we need to talk about it and look to a way forward, so;

You know, this hit me right in the emotion.

Maybe it's because I've been going through a very rough period in my life, I feel that much more grateful that such a community like this actually exists.

Even though I've dwindled away for a bit, I do still keep coming back to ol' Njurp and I still have an intent to meet some of you guys in person some day.

So a big THANKSto all the guys and gals who keep this place up 'n running.

Now, to the matter at hand.

I'd say the thing that bothers me the most is the dragging on of feuds or what have you.

Identifying oneself with your personal thoughts is folly to some extent, but some people go so far that they forget to leave room for other people's preferences thus resulting in bickering and tiresome quarrels spanning multiple threads...

There's nothing wrong with expressing opinions, but you cannot convince everybody of your perceived brilliance so just let it go...

Please, good people of planet Njurp, don't take your own thoughts too seriously.

So now can we PLEASE all agree that Paper Mario: Sticker Star is one of the most boring, uninspired games (not a Paper Mario game, but game in and of itself) of the century!

An affront to gamers everywhere!

Let us unite against this monster and send it back to the shadows!

I haven't posted on this site for over a week, and it's my intention to take a few months away from the place. It's become pretty much unbearable to visit now in all honesty, which is a huge shame as there are many many great posters on here, I still look every day for news and such, and finds it hard to stop myself replying to threads :) But I've resisted.

I think @RedShell has the best answer, but it won't happen.

One of my biggest problems, and no one is willing to accept it, is the sheer trolling and baiting that happens from people who clearly don't like nintendo, that goes completely unpunished, yet when Ronnie or Serebii are deemed to be trolling and baiting they get absolute lynched on by everyone in quite nasty ways sometimes - this is fine... There's a huge hypocrisy. Didn't Kav write a message in the other boards that was exactly the same as one posted on nintendo boards and it was deleted? I've had posts deleted in other boards. There's a disparity in action that I think is pretty clear to see and is helped in making this place quite horrible, you must see people leaving these forums, some long standing members, usually all still nintendo fans...

And before the same people spout on about not hearing negative posts and opinions, again, this is bullshit. Utter utter utter bullshit and a cheap argument to combat genuine irritation and a rally against blatant troll behaviour, so is the pathetic excuse of "everyone still has nintendo at their core and it's because everyone still cares"... again, simply not true and just cheap excuses.

When peoples contributions to Nintendo forums are just spiteful snarky little comments that offer no real opinion or insight, over and over and over, how is this not trolling/baiting? How is this contributing to a healthy forum? Especially when again, if a few others did it then they get banned from threads and slammed into the ground with often personalised attacks?

I would put my life that i could select say 4 people, experiment in not allowing them to post on the nintendo boards and the problems would go away in the main! But I don't believe in a dictatorship. I ultimately question what the mods/site is really willing to do to fix the problem though...

As for positive v negative. I really don't think that is the problem. Kav is negative, Hero is, I am at times, many posters are. I think this is such a simplified argument, the wrong argument to be having and actually feeds certain posters. In my opinion this ISN'T the problem with this site, being critical is an absolutely essential thing, to generate discussion. The problem for me is a batch of posters who aren't interested in debate, critical thought, they just want to slam and bitch and then get defensive/attacking when confronted and then the heads are butted and there's no saving it.

Oh I don't know. I would love this place to change in all honesty. I've even tried nintendolife forums to get my fix elsewhere and it aint great :)

Do we even have arguments on the Other Consoles Board? Except for when we all shout at Choze. Bar everyone getting annoyed at Destiny or PSN going down for the n-th time, I don't remember the last time the OCB got heated.

Because some people don't feel the need to go on threads on games/consoles they don't like and rip shit into them all the time. Your point, in my opinion, typifies the problem of this site, and it isn't in the way you are intending.

Edited by dazzybee
Automerged Doublepost

And @Serebii, that isn't really the truth. I have on numerous occasions seen you put people down, just recently telling Daft he didn't know what a word meant. The biggest problems I have is not that you like Nintendo, it's the way you go about posting. You can be quite arrogant in terms of telling people what simply 'cannot be' or what is 'illogical', and you can be quite blinkered in the way you argue (in that you ignore truths or evidence off hand). It can be very annoying to have a debate with someone who ignores things that are not convenient, and IMO that's why things can often get heated. It's difficult to have good debates with people who have that mix of traits.

I have to disagree with this. I only questioned Daft's use of that word when he was attempting to belittle and condescend me. If someone acts that way with me, then I return in kind. I also don't ignore truths or evidence when I make an argument. I just don't jump on the hate train you guys have been running for years. That doesn't mean I ignore facts, it means shockingly that I have a different view to you.

The forum feels like it is in a strange place at the moment. The arguments and squabbles are so common that I actually wonder if there'd be much activity at all if they weren't happening.. but that is not a good thing :nono:

My main issue is that it can be very rewarding delving into games and comparing and contrasting your opinions with others, but it seems difficult to get these sorts of discussions going these days because I'm not sure enough people seem to care. I could maybe spend about 20 minutes creating a post about my feelings for a certain game only for it to feel like it's just lost amongst the vitriol or even largely ignored :hmm:

I feel like there are a group of us, and I'd like to include myself in that, who have a good rapport and a feeling of mutual respect. Opinions may differ from game to game, or other discussions, but there's always an understanding. I won't name specific members, but deep down you all know who you are, and you guys are the reason I'm still here : peace:

Yeah, it pretty much never happens. To be honest, you still get people coming in and saying negative things about the system (e.g. dazzybee or Clownferret) or negative things about particular games (e.g. Destiny), but there's never a fallout over such negativity unlike on the Nintendo boards. It's a world removed from here.

"You don't like Nintendo, why are you posting here?"

"This is a Nintendo board, y u be negative?"

Or the worst - "This site says N-Europe, don't like Nintendo? Get out!"

meme1bbf3fd1d2950e1c.jpg

Yeah, but when they come into a thread of a game they haven't played and crap it up, that's a problem.

Well, even when I came into a thread of a game that I have played and said something negative about it, I was being ridiculed.

I want to love Nintendo again, I want to enjoy their games, but when they throw stuff at me like the latest Digital Event at E3 I'd like to voice my opinion and since this is the only forum for me, I do it here.

But I do it less and less, because you really can't say anything negative in the Nintendo Boards.

Also: I don't think the "crapping it up" is happening as much as it used to.

Exactly my point. When there's shit going on, either all agree or the disagreeing posts are calm and not aggressive.

Because some people don't feel the need to go on threads on games/consoles they don't like and rip shit into them

Oh, the irony.

That still doesn't excuse people from coming and moaning about a game they've never even touched.

Yes, it's OK to voice your opinion why you don't want to play the game, but that also means you know less about said game than those who do play it. And that most certainly does not excuse you from constantly badgering a thread about how much a game sucks.

(The "Captain Turd" fiasco, while most certainly not the only example, was incredibly childish, Wii, and it really did give me a bad impression of you, considering I was quite new to the forums at the time and like many others, genuinely enjoyed that game. Luckily, after that died down, I found out you were actually quite an OK guy, a bit over-passionate at times, but OK)

It's why I would almost never be seen in the "Other Consoles" thread.

Of course, I'm not perfect either, I've had heated debates with people now and again. (Sheikah and I agreed to disagree about FF8... I hope) But I like to think I never start debates out of malice. Disagreements, yeah, opinions matter on a forum.

Although I might take the mick in a humourous way, I hope that people can see that by now though.

Before I go on too long, there's one more thing I want to mention.

What is up with the antagonistic attitude towards Serebii?

Almost everything he says is jumped on by someone in a knee-jerk, offensive manner.

Sure, he's not always on his best behaviour, but I get the impression that it's more defensive on his part.

One particular horrid example was in the chat room during Ninty's E3 Digital Event when it was revealed that BlastBall was part of Federation Force.

One of the many responses weren't really about the game but the fact that "Serebii was wrong! AHAHAHA!" and "Where's Serebii now!?"

I thought I was in bloody school again! I just wanted to leave that chat, I couldn't believe some of the behaviour I was seeing.

People can be wrong and people can have opinions, but to have people actually celebrating when someone is wrong, it's disgusting, and quite frankly, you should be ashamed of yourselves.

Before I go on too long, there's one more thing I want to mention.

What is up with the antagonistic attitude towards Serebii?

Almost everything he says is jumped on by someone in a knee-jerk, offensive manner.

Sure, he's not always on his best behaviour, but I get the impression that it's more defensive on his part.

One particular horrid example was in the chat room during Ninty's E3 Digital Event when it was revealed that BlastBall was part of Federation Force.

One of the many responses weren't really about the game but the fact that "Serebii was wrong! AHAHAHA!" and "Where's Serebii now!?"

I thought I was in bloody school again! I just wanted to leave that chat, I couldn't believe some of the behaviour I was seeing.

People can be wrong and people can have opinions, but to have people actually celebrating when someone is wrong, it's disgusting, and quite frankly, you should be ashamed of yourselves.

Thats just a long history thing of Serebii winding people up. Anything more I say really is going to come across as me attacking him which im not interested in doing.

Thats just a long history thing of Serebii winding people up.

Yeah. And that moment was just creating an outburst of Schadenfreude.

Nothing too serious in my view. :indeed:

Because some people don't feel the need to go on threads on games/consoles they don't like and rip shit into them all the time. Your point, in my opinion, typifies the problem of this site, and it isn't in the way you are intending.

I'm on the Nintendo Boards about once a week, probably less realistically (I've posted twice in the past week - and one of those times Serebii was rude towards me - and then before that not since mid-April), so I don't really have a full picture of what's happening.

I don't really understand what you mean by my point typifying the problem. I didn't really have a point. I was just wondering if I'd missed arguments in the OCB, thought maybe @drahkon could point them out. But if you think I've picked on a problem, could you explain it a little more? You might be on to something.