NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Wii

Animal Crossing: Amiibo Festival

The fact that it's a day after its E3 reveal and nobody created a thread for it is quite damning.

Animal Crossing: Amiibo Festival

jpg

The new Animal Crossing Amiibo line-up.

Nintendo has announced a new Animal Crossing game for Wii U! But wait - it's called Animal Crossing: Amiibo Festival.

It's a strange mix of Mario Party, the board game mode in Smash Bros. for Wii U and Animal Crossing characters. It's due out "holiday 2015".

Amiibo Festival also works with the Animal Crossing amiibo that were spotted online a couple of days ago.

Fan-favourite characters such as Tom Nook, Isabelle, Mable and KK Slider will be available to buy in Amiibo form to use in the game.

Plenty of familiar Animal Crossing inhabitants show up in digital form, too - such as Joan, the boar who sells you turnips - as you travel round a game board and activate little scenarios involving the characters.

Edited by Wii
Automerged Doublepost

I like the amiibo but I really don't want to buy into this at all. :blank:

It's simply not for me at this point. : peace:

But I will add that it's at least refreshing to see Nintendo attempting to diversify the Animal Crossing series a bit, even though it does feel like it's starting to be milked.

We definitely need to hear more details on pricing and what is included as each player needs a compatible Amiibo. From the sounds of it, Amiibo cards are also used in minigames.

Hoping to see this shown off at the Treehouse stream. It looks so amazingly charming, so I'm definitely interested. :D

At least it's a bit different to the usual AC. Need to see more but it doesn't look for me on first glance.

I wonder if their next proper Animal Crossing game will be on mobile. Free to play with in-app purchases. It would be a phenomenon and they'd make a fortune from it.

Pretty disappointed that the only Animal Crossing WiiU game we're getting is a spinoff from the series.

Didn't really find much to get excited about while watching this. I did enjoy the look of the house decorating game for 3DS and will probably snap that up. But this upsets me :(

I will however get the Amiibo.

Edited by Murr

We definitely need to hear more details on pricing and what is included as each player needs a compatible Amiibo. From the sounds of it, Amiibo cards are also used in minigames.

From the Nintendo UK website

Scheduled to launch in Q4 2015, Animal Crossing: amiibo Festival will release as a bundle that includes the game, two amiibo figures and three amiibo cards.

No mention of anything other than the bundle, but since the amiibo are required that makes sense. Also confirms that cards will be used.

Pretty disappointed that the only Animal Crossing WiiU game we're getting is a spinoff from the series.

Didn't really find much to get excited about while watching this. I did enjoy the look of the house decorating game for 3DS and will probably snap that up. But this upsets me :(

I will however get the Amiibo.

Who says we're not getting a standard Animal Crossing?

Patience :)

0dKTu10.png

On treehouse atm. You gotta touch your amiibo to it every turn to roll the dice.

Considering how much they previously love motion control and gyros they really missed a trick by not having you shake a wiimote or even the gamepad to roll the dice here.

Yeah, this game is a free download that requires an Animal Crossing amiibo to play. I'll definitely be grabbing a few of them because they look awesome, so consider me interested again. This sorta information, alongside Platinum Star Fox really should have been in the goddamn direct.

The HD assets for a full Wii U port of Animal Crossing are basically already in place from the looks of the Treehouse footage. Your Happy Home Designer properties will also appear in the board game once you bring your card-based animals across to it.

They said there's more to the game than the board game content, which of course they can't reveal atm. I agree the FTP nature of the game should have been in the Direct.

Will you need to own all 8 to play the full game? That's potentially €120 at the very least. This is partially why I don't like amiibo.

A rose by any other name would smell as sweet. Except this isn't a rose and it certainly doesn't smell sweet.

And the amiibo here are more important than the game.

Will you need to own all 8 to play the full game? That's potentially €120 at the very least. This is partially why I don't like amiibo.

No. You don't need all 8.

Reaction to the Animal Crossing amiibo has been overwhelmingly positive, that's what we all want to have, not the game itself.

[tweet]611193545836380161[/tweet]

The game will be free on the eShop, you just need some AC Amiibo to play it.

Just watched IGN's Rewind Theatre, it seems that Star Fox Zero isn't the only game that would look at home on the Gamecube. Is this really the best they can do?

Screen_shot_2015_06_26_at_15_21_58.jpg

Just watched IGN's Rewind Theatre, it seems that Star Fox Zero isn't the only game that would look at home on the Gamecube. Is this really the best they can do?

It's Animal Crossing...

What do you expect it to look like!? :laughing:

Even on GCN, 3DS and Wii it's a series that has never tried to push the limits of graphical prowess.

Anyway, I actually think that this game looks like it could be good fun. Gives me a strong Boom Street vibe (those turnip prices have the potential for some epic mind games!)

I'm way more interested in this than I would be for another standard console AC. Who needs another Let's Go to the City anyway?

Edited by Dcubed

It's Animal Crossing...

Even on GCN, 3DS and Wii it's a series that has never tried to push the limits of graphical prowess.

Anyway, I actually think that this game looks like it could be good fun. Gives me a strong Boom Street vibe (those turnip prices have the potential for some epic mind games!)

I'm way more interested in this than I would be for another standard console AC. Who needs another Let's Go to the City anyway?

I think the graphics look great/just right for what it's supposed to be. I know they could have gone a laser sharp super-detailed picture (wasn't AC Plaza on Wii U like this?) It seems to be just updated 3DS style. If a true Wii U version is in the works (likely is), they'll be using something more closer to Plaza, I'd bet. BUT since this isn't the town simulator they went with this style to represent game better (and for the mainline to be more unique when it comes out).

I do hope no main Amiibos are needed for the game, just the card versions. I have no money nor interest in collecting the hard copy versions. Paper copies for me, please. 100% DL for me if it's 100% playable with cards.

Edited by Mr_Master_X2

It sounds like each player needs an Animal Crossing amiibo. You get two with the game.

It sounds like each player needs an Animal Crossing amiibo. You get two with the game.

Animal Crossing amiibo cards also work. The game also comes with three of those

Ah, I thought they were just for minigames, not players.

Not sure we know how they'll be used.

It's Animal Crossing...

I really have to disagree with that :)

Please remember that the original gamecube title is in fact a N64 game ported to the gamecube. When you put the first Animal Crossing next to other N64 games, I would argue that it looks mighty good.

The DS version (wild world) is still one of the best looking DS games. I feel the same is true for new leaf! In new leaf the 3DS's power is just so well utilised! The art style is simple yes, but a ton of detail is crammed into anything! Different animals leave different footprints, everything is animated, colors are beautiful and so is the lighting/ shading. I really think those games look fantastic if you are willing to take a good look at them.

Amiibo festival on the other hand does looks horrible. The models are clearly ported from new leaf with some enhancements. This is a very cheaply made game (if you can even call it a game).

If the WiiU ever gets a real animal crossing (I doubt that at this point) it could look amazing! Just look at the Mario Kart 8 course, beautiful!

I'm just trying to say that just because a game is strongly stylised, that doesn't mean it can't look amazing : peace:

Not sure we know how they'll be used.

Scanning the amiibo cards gives you a random number card on the board you can exchange for a certain number of eyes on the dice (for if you want to land on a specific spot) (so yes you do need an amiibo for each player)

Edited by M_rock

If the WiiU ever gets a real animal crossing (I doubt that at this point) it could look amazing! Just look at the Mario Kart 8 course, beautiful!

I'm just trying to say that just because a game is strongly stylised, that doesn't mean it can't look amazing : peace:

Yes, quite. The next time they really put full effort into making a proper Animal Crossing, they will surely aim much higher than this (assuming the hardware is Wii U level or better). Just the fur, for example. When you look at something like Donkey Kong Country Returns: Tropical Freeze, Animal Crossing would be the ideal franchise to apply that "realistic fur" to.

Animal Crossing cards can be used to play minigames.

You party animal!

The Animal Crossing: amiibo Festival game is a brand-new way to play with your favorite Animal Crossing characters. Your amiibo figures are front-and-center in this party game, and you’ll get to use them with fun content. Bring to life an expansive and dynamic board game where the board is based on the months of the year like the core Animal Crossing series. The goal? Make your villager the happiest in town and party hard with your friends.

Features:

• Party with favorite Animal Crossing characters like Isabelle and Tom Nook—who have become amiibo.
  • Experience the Animal Crossing universe in light-hearted board games based on the calendar, including the four seasons and seasonal events.
  • Bring your amiibo to the party, collect Happy Points, play with your friends, and save your Happy Points to your amiibo to expand your own game even more.
  • Use Animal Crossing amiibo cards in fun minigames.

http://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/qEcYFwg7nfH0IxE5r9dvu2gm_vh03Duc

Sign in to follow this