NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Choze

Shenmue 3 PS4/PC

Confirmed in conference with kickstarter.

The kickstarter broke records and is now officially full go. Its coming :)

Can't wait I have backed the $500 one I can't really afford it but I really want to help support the game .

Can everyone please share with all your friends we need help to get the funds up to over 5 million

As much as Im nostalgic about Shenmue... I remember it to be pretty boring at times, with some cruddy voice acting and cliche story. I went back to it at several points but couldn't get over these things. (Though complete No.1).

With the likes of GTA, Im guessing the budget on this will skyrocket - and being released such a long time ago, surely they would have to re-release 1 & 2 to get the newer generation involved?

Its going to take a lot of work, something tells me this won't happen..

(from kickstarter thread)

As much as Im nostalgic about Shenmue... I remember it to be pretty boring at times, with some cruddy voice acting and cliche story. I went back to it at several points but couldn't get over these things. (Though complete No.1).

With the likes of GTA, Im guessing the budget on this will skyrocket - and being released such a long time ago, surely they would have to re-release 1 & 2 to get the newer generation involved?

Its going to take a lot of work, something tells me this won't happen..

(from kickstarter thread)

Obviously its hugely flawed in many ways! Even back then it wasnt perfect. But it was ahead of its time. I have a ton of memories with that game. It was unlike anything before it. You did need patience but the payback was huge! Nowadays lots of games do things that are similar to Shenmue, features that were considered 'not important'. Yu Suzuki has a brilliant record behind him. SEGA really have mismanged their franchises as of late and underutilised their talent.

Yep it was groundbreaking in many respects . For me it was the atmosphere and graphics and story that made it so special . It actually made me feel like I was exploring Japan . This was a time before open world games so shenmue was sort of one of the first , All be it with it's limitations compared to anything of today's standards.

Please share and if you can chuck in a few dollars , the industry really needs games like this with all the modern western games .

Can we maybe not split all the discussion on this? Using 2 threads seems a bit pointless.

Can we maybe not split all the discussion on this? Using 2 threads seems a bit pointless.

Yeah, agreed. The other thread has already gathered steam, so I think that should be the one we all use.

Sign in to follow this