NEurope
drahkon

Hitman (PS4/Xbox One/PC)

Now this actually looks great

They're finally remembering what we loved about Hitman.

Maybe Assassins Creed will actually start featuring assassinations again one day, too.

Some news just come out, will launch as an episodic game December 8th, but will come out on disk in 2016

Interest is a little weary now.

I don't see how this is only just getting reported...it was presented as this during the press conference. They said the Hitman experience would start in December and evolve over time. I was actually confused when it appeared on Amazon for preorder as it was made clear that it's digital only.

I don't see how this is only just getting reported...it was presented as this during the press conference. They said the Hitman experience would start in December and evolve over time. I was actually confused when it appeared on Amazon for preorder as it was made clear that it's digital only.

To me that sounds like a base game would be released in December and DLC expansions would be released (evolve) over time.

To be fair I also knew that the game was being released as contracts over time and not all at once. It was specifically talked about at E3.

To me that sounds like a base game would be released in December and DLC expansions would be released (evolve) over time.

To be fair I also knew that the game was being released as contracts over time and not all at once. It was specifically talked about at E3.

See I'm gonna have to look it up but yeah I'm sure they said it was digital and would come with introductory contracts or something. They certainly did take the time to mention it at least.

Pre-order the game via the PSN store and gain access to the beta this weekend.

You can cancel the pre-order immediately. I did it myself and am downloading the beta client right now :yay:

I read somewhere that each episode will have a MGS: Ground Zeroes-amount of freedom and dynamic. That would be fucking incredible.

Beta coming for PS+ members.

If you want to get in on the action but missed your chance with the first beta, we’ve got some good news. Starting on 4th March, we’ll re-open the PS4 beta exclusively for all PlayStation Plus members. Mark your calendars as the beta will only be around for that weekend.

Keep your eyes on the ‘Events’ tab on your PS4 and sign up to watch our PlayStation Plus beta livestream, where we’ll pick up our Dualshocks and take you on a developer-guided tour of the beta. You’re sure to learn some secrets or stories from behind the scenes here at Io-Interactive.

I played through the first episode today. Then I got a refund. I was pretty shocked at how small the main level in episode 1 is. From the way they were describing it with a "sandbox", I was expecting multiple missions with different connected areas.

It's no bigger than a mission in Blood Money. And the main level is okay but not amazing. It also still feels clunky with strange AI. Those aspects were acceptable on the GameCube, but it really should be much better by now. I felt like I was cheating the game mechanics when I was using the coins to distract people, or doing things just outside the seemingly short line of sight of the NPCs. Or when I got caught doing something I shouldn't, so I hid in a restricted area for a minute. They gave up looking for me, so I walked back in the room and tried again (it didn't matter that they saw me walking from a restricted area - the time it took for me to open the door and walk though into the "accepted" area wasn't long enough for their suspicion meters to fill up).

I looked at the "contracts" mode, and didn't even bother finishing a mission. I don't see the point of killing a specific random NPC. Without the plot, it's just meaningless.

If @Cube doesn't like a Hitman game, I'll give it a miss.

It seems to be getting good reviews. Although I think there's no point playing the game now (graphics are pretty buggy on PC, too), may as well wait for the full game to be out.

I think it really depends on how much you'll enjoy contracts mode.

Edited by Cube

I think the episodic nature of this is a little odd but the cheap first episode/introduction pack helps create a lower price point to enter at. Personally I think I'm likely to play and then have had enough Hitman.

I'd actually be fine with the weird release schedule if it wasn't so pricey to buy things separately. I'd buy the first episode right now but intro pack + subsequent upgrade pack if I liked it comes to fifty quid. Not paying that.

I also seem to remember getting a mission form Hitman 2 or blood money on a demo disk way back when. Now it's over a tenner. Eh.

All the reviews make it sound like a game I really want to play though. Shame

I hope the episodic model dies a quick death. As if it were anything but a money-grabbing venture.

The episodic model was incredible for Hitman. In my opinion it worked perfectly and kept the game fresh.

The Paris level is free to download today only on PS4, XBONE and PC.

• Thanks 2

Awesome. You get to keep it, too. It's not a timed thing.

Progress will carry over if you decide to buy the full game.

Just done the "training missions" while waiting for the download to finish.

Very fun. I enjoy stealth games and this is pretty much perfect for me. Depending on how much I like the Paris mission I will probably upgrade to the full version (GOTY version) when it is on sale.

I turned off Opportunities, Global Hints and Instincts now and will try to complete the Paris mission without them. Should make it much more difficult but also much more enjoyable. Being able to see where your target is, where to find items, etc. kind of kills the exploration aspect. It's great that we're given the option to turn this on/off, though. :)