NEurope
Wii

Mario Tennis: Ultra Smash (20th Nov)

Or this masterpiece :p

51N9Dh4ZARL.jpg

I do still think that MTUS's box art is still a placeholder though. It's really really basic and they've been putting a lot of effort into their box art in recent years...

Edited by Dcubed

270px-Mario_Kart_DS_Box_(North_America).png

Good point. Or this one...

270px-Mkwii.jpg

Still, their covers are so stunning 99% of the time, it's pretty jarring to see an ugly one.

I own that plushie. It's equally as bad in real life!
Hehehe! Yeah, weren't they including that with pre-orders for another game too? I seem to recall noticing its crappiness before. :heh:

Hehehe! Yeah, weren't they including that with pre-orders for another game too? I seem to recall noticing its crappiness before. :heh:

Think it was with Puzzle & Dragons

Yeah, another game I regretted buying, suckered in by the awful plushie.... :)

At least I definitely want mario Tennis though... But tempted by digital with it being a multiplayer game

Is this game online? If it was I would pre-order it now. Why is there so little information available for a game that releases in 1-2 months time?

Yeah, another game I regretted buying, suckered in by the awful plushie.... :)

OI!

You are not allowed to have an opinion until you actually play through Puzzle & Dragons Z.

And seeing as I'm the only one who has finished this, I'm the only opinion that matters!

That game is easily in my top 5 games of 2015!

US date got announced (Nov 20). Looks like we also have a final box art design as well...

TQYiCVf.jpg

MUCH better :)

(also has the Nintendo Network logo, so if you had any doubts about it lacking online play, that's that sorted)

Does that logo definitely mean online play? It could be miiverse comments. After all New Super Mario Brothers Wii U also had it....

US date got announced (Nov 20). Looks like we also have a final box art design as well...

TQYiCVf.jpg

MUCH better :)

Much better, yet still pretty crappy. :blank:

My expectations for this game couldn't possibly be any lower. Really think it's going to be nothing more than a HD version of the 3DS game. :hmm:

Would love for them to bring the RPG aspect back to this series (would be so perfect with Miis) but it doesn't look like that's going to happen anytime soon. :(

Much better, yet still pretty crappy. :blank:

My expectations for this game couldn't possibly be any lower. Really think it's going to be nothing more than a HD version of the 3DS game. :hmm:

Would love for them to bring the RPG aspect back to this series (would be so perfect with Miis) but it doesn't look like that's going to happen anytime soon. :(

Well, the jump shots alone should really shake up the game (you best be careful with those cheeky lobs!)

But yeah, they really haven't shown much about it at all... I do expect that they are holding back a lot about it, cause we really haven't seen anything at all outside of the standard singles/doubles mode on the grass court and I'm pretty sure that it's gonna have more than one court...

Finally! Some new footage at last!

... and it doesn't show much new...

No, really. Would it kill them to actually show something outside of the main mode?

There has to be something else to it... They can't have nothing else at all surely? Every single Mario Tennis game has had a bevy of extra modes, even the N64 original had stuff like Ring Shot and the topsy turvy Bowser's Castle stage!

AWFUL trailer.... very worried abbot this. Such a blatant cheap rush job, but if it;s the 3DS version and we can turn off all those god awful animations and powers then it could still be fun!! Nintendo really have given up on the wii u.... They better come out exploding with the NX because it's frighteningly pitiful!

Finally some solid info!!

Online play confirmed (Doubles and Singles this time - with two players per system supported). Amiibo support as well (works like in Smash Bros, you train up an AI player who you can play against - with data saved to the Amiibo itself).

Supports Wii Remotes (sideways), Wii Classic Controllers, Wii U Pro Controllers and the Gamepad (no GCN controller support or motion controls of any kind). Control setup is the same as Mario Tennis Open (so purple Smash Shots are controlled by a seperate button instead of A+B and you can dive manually by pressing L or R).

Gamepad can be used to display the opposite end of the court in multiplayer, so players will always have the camera behind them, otherwise it can be set to duplicate the TV display (for Off TV) or can be set to display a scoreboard.

A new mode called Mega Ball Smash, where you play with a giant ball that you have to keep going in a rally for as long as you can.

And something that is sure to please more than a few people... There is an option to play without Jump Shots or Chance Shots! Yes, you can turn them off and play just pure tennis!

More characters are revealed as well, including Rosalina.

Suspiciously, no other modes have been seen, nor even any gimmick stages... Surely it can't be THAT light on content though, even the N64 game had far more than that on offer! (Surely it at least has Ring Shot!? Every single Camelot made Mario sports game has had it for Christ's sake!!)

Edited by Dcubed

Good to see that online multiplayer is finally confirmed. Now lets see how they knack it up by having no VC, no lobbies, can't hook up with friends etc. :D

Hopefully the amiibo support means we're getting wave 2 of the Super Mario Collection soon. I need Waluigi and classic Wario amiibos!

Great news from Mario tennis, I'm expecting it to have nothing else, it's obvious a rush job, but if it plays well and you and now you can play it how you want then I'm getting it, love it!! Now PLEASE PLEASE allow us to have 5 set epics!!!!! None of this first two 2 games bullshit!!!

Oh snap! I just realised something...

There's no Daisy, Boo or Waluigi Amiibo!

il_570xN.722253236_fhcw.jpg

Is it finally time for Waluigi time?

Oh and @Glen\-i...

amiibo_boo.jpg

;)

Edited by Dcubed

So, with amiibo functionality confirmed, I wonder if this means Mario series will continue

Edited by Serebii

This has suddenly started sounding delicious. Thanks for the info @Dcubed.

Definitely a must buy now. The fact them damn power and chance shots can be turned off more than warrants a pre-order!!