NEurope
Wii

Mario Tennis: Ultra Smash (20th Nov)

You cannot be cereal!

Wii U - Mario Tennis: Ultra Smash E3 2015 Trailer

It'll be out in time for Christmas this year.

Edited by Wii
Automerged Doublepost

I'm actually really looking forward to this :) Love mario Tennis! Is this Next Level games?!

Those coloured circles that appear on the court are one of the reasons I'm not excited for this :hmm:

The 3DS game, Mario Tennis Open, was fun.. but that feature could easily have ruined it!

I get the impression this won't make any use of Wii Motion Plus :blank:

Those coloured circles that appear on the court are one of the reasons I'm not excited for this :hmm:

I get the impression this won't make any use of Wii Motion Plus :blank:

Word.

I've been playing Mario Tennis on 3DS again recently and I hate the stupid damn special shots.

If they can be turned off then all is forgiven. But I'm not holding my breath...

Bet they don't allow special shots to be turned off. Game breaker for me if that's the case.

screenshot5.jpg

NICE! Both players permanently get a view from behind their respective side of the court! :D

A decent online multiplayer component could help this game massively, but after how Mario Tennis Open turned out in that respect, I'm not particularly hopeful :eek:

Yes... this is what you need to sell consoles...

Sarcasm aside, this could be fun, but I can't imagine people wanting to pay full price for this.

Get in mario tennis and golf are among the best of their genre , looks lovely

I just hope for a non gimick mode online and all will be awesome .

Camelot are making this and it's getting good previews. Awesome news. I axtually loved mario tennis 3ds after getting over my hatred of the circles, a great gsme I put over 30 hours in it. Really really looking forward to it

You can use the Wii remote to play this game but not with motion controls.

Players have the option to use the Wii U’s many controllers with Mario Tennis: Ultra Smash, including the GamePad and Pro Controller. A strange caveat of the various control options available is that players can use the Wii Remote for play, but only in its sideways-turned state. The lack of motion controls wouldn’t normally be a big issue, but tennis is one of the few sub-genres where motion controls make sense and are fun.

http://www.gameinformer.com/games/mario_tennis_ultra_smash/b/wii_u/archive/2015/06/19/hands-on-mario-tennis-ultra-smash-e3-2015.aspx

The bizarre decisions just keep coming.

You can use the Wii remote to play this game but not with motion controls.

http://www.gameinformer.com/games/mario_tennis_ultra_smash/b/wii_u/archive/2015/06/19/hands-on-mario-tennis-ultra-smash-e3-2015.aspx

The bizarre decisions just keep coming.

Not unexpected. You're pulling off completely unrealistic shots and the game is designed for button controls; translating that to motion controls feels awful (as New Play Control Mario Power Tennis proved)

Mario Tennis: Ultra Smash Discussion - E3 Thoughts & Impressions (Wii U)

Sounds awful. If GameXplain don't like it then it must be bad. They've less than 6 months to fix it but I expect what I thought when I first seen it. Cheap, lazy filler to plug a hole in the Wii U calendar.

I might be sounding like such a lazy pleb here, but I can't stand to watch a whole 9 minute video of those guys talking, so what exactly sounds "awful" about it? To me it looks like a (slightly) expanded take on the 3DS Mario Tennis and I liked that game.

Cheap, lazy filler to plug a hole in the Wii U calendar.

And it's not even plugging a hole!!

Woah! Both games on the same day!? Nice!

Suppose that the scheduling doesn't matter so much here since they're both being put out for the Xmas season, but my wallet is gonna be hurting!

Looking forward to this, just hope it's full of options!! And not limiting like the 3DS version. But what are they thinking about the release date? It's not like they have so many games.... why not spread it out?!

Looking forward to this, just hope it's full of options!! And not limiting like the 3DS version. But what are they thinking about the release date? It's not like they have so many games.... why not spread it out?!

Because it's the Xmas season. It doesn't really matter if it comes out on the same day as Starfox. If a kid wants both, they're gonna get both in time for Xmas, even if they're not bought at the same time.

For everyone else? Having them come out on the same day creates a bit of buzz about the Wii U platform as a whole - which may help garner a bit more interest in the lineup as a whole.

At least, that's how I reckon their trail of thought is working out :p

Edited by Dcubed

That's the worst cover art Nintendo has ever made. I'm going to assume it's temporary.