NEurope
Glen-i

Mario & Luigi: Paper Jam Bros

Now I'm not saying anything but...

(soz bro, you know I just couldn't resist - absolutely nothing to do with the topic at all!)

:laughing: Damn it...who's the Super idiot now, eh?

This is my paper jam right here. So excited!

Also reminded me that I should go back and 100% Dream Team Bros. already... Got some Giant X bosses and Mad Skillathon events left, I think...

This is my paper jam right here. So excited!

Also reminded me that I should go back and 100% Dream Team Bros. already... Got some Giant X bosses and Mad Skillathon events left, I think...

I'm hoping it won't feel as grindy/drawn as Dream Team Bros. Really felt like it was starting to drag for me - I'd go back to it but I can't even recall where I left my cart now(moved house and it was by its lonesome). The amount of talking and tutorials in it was similarly annoying - I hope this doesn't take the path of more of the same.

Different strokes for different folks, I guess. Personally, I loved all the writing, so the talking and tutorials were only a plus in my book. I never felt like it was drawn out, either - if anything, I wish it was longer! :heh:

As for it being grindy, I never once felt like I had to stop and grind for experience or items or anything to progress through the game, but maybe I'm just used to other JRPGs being far worse. Granted, I am a completionist, so I always explored every area fully and battled most enemies I came across anyways...

My completionist spirit also made me do this in the end, but even then I never felt overwhelmed by the grinding:

zlCfzRzcpCofxQNA4O

Edited by FireMeowth

Paper Jam sounds like a toilet blockage. I suppose they are plumbers though.

Reminds me of the printers at work. Always jamming.

Different strokes for different folks, I guess. Personally, I loved all the writing, so the talking and tutorials were only a plus in my book. I never felt like it was drawn out, either - if anything, I wish it was longer! :heh:

As for it being grindy, I never once felt like I had to stop and grind for experience or items or anything to progress through the game, but maybe I'm just used to other JRPGs being far worse. Granted, I am a completionist, so I always explored every area fully and battled most enemies I came across anyways...

My completionist spirit also made me do this in the end, but even then I never felt overwhelmed by the grinding:

zlCfzRzcpCofxQNA4O

Sorry, I didn't mean to use the term grind actually as grind - I felt like it was grind on me to keep on going, but yes you're right no actual grdining was neccessary. I've always loved the Mario RPGs and give them my time and they do at times get to a point of feeling like a chore but I'd felt it a lot more with Dream Team and eventually got distracted by something else due to it, so never finished the main story at all. Not sure how far I was either, but it felt like it was longtings away.

zlCfzRzcpCofxQNA4O

That's insane! How simple is the final boss with that setup?

Dream Team and Bowser's Inside Story are a tie for top spot for me.

Bowser's Inside Story has the most humour, easily.

Dream Team definitely has more elaborate and creative ways to avoid attacks. It's also by far the most difficult game in the series (Something I hope they stick with for Paper Jam).

I do hope there are less tutorials though. Like, yeah, explain timed hits for the newbies and all, but don't go overboard. (Personally, the dialogue is part of the package with M&L games, mainly because they're so well written, the more conversations, the better)

Edited by Glen-i

Have you played all of the games in the franchises, out of interest?

Yep. I know that a lot of people hated Sticker Star, but I quite liked it myself, if that's what you're getting at.

I'm still letting this amazing cross-over sink in.

It's literally a dream I've been having for quite some time and I am happy to see that it has taken form :)

Now, it got me thinking, does the fact that AlphaDream is handling this game mean that...

...wait for it...

A team over at IntelligentSystems finally has time for a new Advance Wars?

I'd bet on an early summer release in NA/EU (probably May or June).

Federation Force will be their big Q1 game and this'll be their big one for Q2.

Another piece of news: Amiibo support is confirmed.

Known in Japan as Mario & Luigi RPG: Paper Mario Mix, the game will make use of Mario, Luigi, Peach, Yoshi, Toad, and Bowser - as well as variants Dr. Mario, 8-bit Mario, and Yarn Yoshi - to provide special cards to aid players in battle.

I'd bet on an early summer release in NA/EU (probably May or June).

Federation Force will be their big Q1 game and this'll be their big one for Q2.

Nah, Yo-Kai Watch will probably be their big Q1 game.

Nah, Yo-Kai Watch will probably be their big Q1 game.

It's a January release in Europe, it's practically Q4 2015 (and in Australia it IS actually a Q4 2015 release now ;) )

December 4th 2015 for us.

Christmas list!

15th October 2015 – The Mushroom Kingdom is about to learn that two Marios are better than one in Mario & Luigi: Paper Jam Bros.! Releasing on December 4th for Nintendo 3DS family systems, the fifth instalment of the popular RPG series will see Paper Mario jump off the page and form a superstar team of Mario Bros. to take on the only thing more threatening to the Mushroom Kingdom than one Bowser: two of them!

When Luigi accidentally opens a mysterious book hidden away in Peach’s Castle, he gets more than he bargained for when characters from the Paper Mario universe spill out of the pages and start running amok. Players must take control of the terrific trio of Mario, Luigi and Paper Mario to defeat Bowser and Paper Bowser and bring the Paper Mario characters back to their original world.

Adding Paper Mario to their ranks means that Mario and Luigi have even more ways to explore, solve puzzles and take down any enemies foolish enough to mess with the Mario Bros. In a first for the series, players can now battle with Trio Attacks, as well as use Paper Mario’s unique copy ability, allowing him to create duplicates of himself in order to bolster his attack power. Our papery hero also has special skills outside of battle, like his ability to slip through tiny cracks to areas inaccessible to the three-dimensional brothers.

Mario & Luigi: Paper Jam Bros. will also see the introduction of Paper Craft Battles, tasking players with taking down the Bowsers’ forces with the power of dance! Craft battles see our heroes take part in rhythm-based events in order to power a giant papercraft and use it to defeat giant papercrafts from Bowser’s army.

Avoid a “tearable” fate as Mario & Luigi: Paper Jam Bros. for Nintendo 3DS family systems launches across Europe on December 4th.

What a sad and miserable way to announce the date!

I miss Nintendo Directs badly :(

Still, that was unexpected as hell! Awesome! :D

3DS needed a heavy hitter for Xmas in Europe so badly!

What a sad and miserable way to announce the date!

I miss Nintendo Directs badly :(

Still, that was unexpected as hell! Awesome! :D

3DS needed a heavy hitter for Xmas in Europe so badly!

It's weird because all evidence is piling up for us to have a Direct soon.

It's weird because all evidence is piling up for us to have a Direct soon.

I told you before, we're probably not gonna get another one till at least next year. It's still too soon since Iwata's passing; takes time to arrange this stuff after everything's been thrown out of whack.

Wow, so soon and we've hardly seen anything. Didn't expect to see it this year.

I told you before, we're probably not gonna get another one till at least next year. It's still too soon since Iwata's passing; takes time to arrange this stuff after everything's been thrown out of whack.

I dunno, evidence is mounting up

Wow, so soon and we've hardly seen anything. Didn't expect to see it this year.

Same. Though mind you, Mario Tennis Ultra Smash is in the same boat. We've seen absolutely nothing about it outside of the really basic E3 demo...

It's terrible! Their marketing efforts this year have sucked hard outside of Splatoon and Happy Home Designer!!

And here I was thinking I'd be able to get Xenoblade X and Tri-Force Heroes no problems...

I don't think I'll be able to get all 3 games at release.

Sorry, American Xenoblade, you might have to wait...

Didn't really put any attention to this when it was revealed but it actually looks fun and bringing it out at that time is a good strategy since 3DS didn't have much else going for it. Will almost definitely buy it now.

One of my favourite game series. Will likely buy ASAP. Triforce Heroes this month, too. LBX, though not got yet. Plenty of other games. It's a good last quarter this year. 3DS is truly Nintendo's current star/main console. Wii U can't hold a candle to it.