NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Hero-of-Time

Dreams (14th Feb 2020)

Dreams is just mind blowing. The way they just built that woodland/river environment. Cheers for that @Ronnie!

Also, this is the first I'm reading of it being 3D Printer and VR compatible. WOW.

Edited by Retro_Link

That video was absolutely mesmerizing and mind blowing.

Those guys could've said that Zombie-Hitler has risen from his grave and is about to launch nukes all around the planet and I'd still be amazed at how incredible Dreams looks.

Obviously this game won't have as big of an impact to the gaming/streaming world as Minecraft did, but I can see this being the next big thing on YouTube/Twitch.

It really does look like you can create anything you can dream of. And if that's the case it might be/cause a revolution in gaming software.

I had silently written off Playstation VR until I saw that video.

Bruh. Bruhhhhhhh.

I just remembered that this is coming to VR. It's going to be amazing.

There's a hint of what's to come in the music game Harmonix VR. There's a feature where you can play your own music and animate five different characters. You animate them for a certain amount of bars and it loops, once you stop moving they continue to move as you instructed.

Dreams is going to be so much more than that one feature. It's probably my most anticipated game now!

Does anyone else keep hearing this when they read the title:

• Like 1

This is just...incredible. I can't wait to get this. I will never create anything myself because...well, because I'm really not creative :D But damn, I'm looking forward to playing all the amazing stuff the community will create.

The more i see of this game, the more interested and the more i want to play.

We sent a team of 4 Molecules to take part in Train Jam 2018 - a game jam that takes place on a 52 hour train journey to GDC!

Using Dreams, Alex, Ed, John and Abbie created 'Comic Sands'!

Ridiculously awesome.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, drahkon said:

Ridiculously awesome.

I’m really excited for what this game could entail, not just as a playable game (though it admittedly looks like a lot of fun), but as a tool for potential future game designers and developers to get creative and put themselves out there. 

I’d want to support it for that reason alone, and I’m definitely getting some good vibes from the whole Dreams concept because of this. 

Marketing this is going to be a nightmare, and I think the whole create/play/share ethos might take a backseat if it doesn't perform well. What was that kart game that flopped a while back?

Only the other day I was wondering if you'd be able to create 2d games and films. The transition from 2 to 3d was great. Still my most anticipated title at the moment.

Still my most anticipated game. Really looking forward to spending hundreds of hours creating games and short films. :D

Came for Dreams gameplay, stayed for Death Stranding lookalike dude:

headshotgtm_healey.jpg

WCCFdeathstranding3-740x429.jpg

I hope they finally, finally ship this game so they can start working on something else, something that'll actually sell and be worth all this effort (financially). I would say Tearaway 2 but that's equally unlikely to sell if the first is any indication.

Edited by Ronnie

So, the beta goes live tomorrow...but only for those subscribed to the Media Molecule newsletter. Prior to today. Yeah. :blank:

Looking ahead, the public beta will begin on Tuesday 8th January 2019, with sign-ups beginning on January 4th — though this will seemingly only offer you the opportunity to try the game “in waves” during the week of the 8th, and seemingly opening up afterwards.

The public beta is scheduled to close on Monday 21st January 2019, but will not feature PSVR functionality as it will in the final game. The beta client will be approximately 4GB in size, and will not require you to have PlayStation Plus. 

Jajaja, it's violating NDA blabla. 

This is astounding. Looks like Dreams is beyond what I expected it to be. The possibilities...

Sadly, I suck at creating things so I will have to resort to playing what others come up with :D 

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this