NEurope
Hero-of-Time

Horizon: Zero Dawn

I liked the audio logs, one of very few games, if not the only, where I listed through them all.

Thanks for the heads up on the new game + and trophies. Never got around to collect all the lore, the ones that are scattered around in the main world and is text only. . They were hard to find, so I will do that this time. Looking forward to play it again.

3 hours ago, Magnus said:

Just in time for the New Game+ they added today! It comes with two more trooophies... (I know you like those!)

I'm kind of over audio logs in general...

Wait really??

Also @bob the blazing sun trials are kinda tough if done as they're found but at the end of the game most of them are pretty trivial to do. 

26 minutes ago, Nolan said:

Wait really??

Yes, I'm really kind of over audio logs.

Oh, you meant the patch?

• Like 2

Wait really??

Also [mention=229]bob[/mention] the blazing sun trials are kinda tough if done as they're found but at the end of the game most of them are pretty trivial to do. 

You might be right actually, I managed to polish off a few of them last night. I'll see how it goes!
  • Like 1

Nice update! 

Wouldnt mind a new game + at all. I like how productive the game feels.

GIven that I am playing other games the grinding gets on your nerves, I wish they were more like Horizon. 

Wait really??

Also [mention=229]bob[/mention] the blazing sun trials are kinda tough if done as they're found but at the end of the game most of them are pretty trivial to do. 

I've managed all of them now but the damn Shell Walker one. Apparently it's entirely random how many loose barrels there are on the floor, and you can only get the blazing sun if you randomly get a setup where there are multiple loose ones. It's infuriating! The one thing holding me back from my platinum!

10 minutes ago, bob said:

I've managed all of them now but the damn Shell Walker one. Apparently it's entirely random how many loose barrels there are on the floor, and you can only get the blazing sun if you randomly get a setup where there are multiple loose ones. It's infuriating! The one thing holding me back from my platinum!

That one took me a few tries, as tbe Shell Walkers usually ended up picking up the barrels. Think I got it in the end by angrily smashing into one of the Shell Walkers until the barrel just dropped out. :p

There's a component on Shell-Walkers you can destroy to make the cargo fall off.

31 minutes ago, Magnus said:

There's a component on Shell-Walkers you can destroy to make the cargo fall off.

That's what I thought too...in which case, couldn't tearblast arrows/the tearblaster knock off this component to release the cargo?

That works, did that a couple days ago. Depending on the weapon and mods, it shouldn't take more than two-three well placed arrows at one or more of the three locks to release it. There are two locks at the sides and one at the back. Hitting the actual cointainer won't work.

Edited by Tales

Yep. Gotta knock the cargo off their backs. Which is a good method of distracting them too as they'll occasionally go to pick it back up. 

Yeah, I know you can knock them off, but after the first one, the whole forest is usually alerted and steams in to fuck up your shit. Trying to hit a second one once they're all shielded up and pissed off is hard.

All the videos I've seen online, there are three conveniently placed crates on the floor to begin with.

I'll do it eventually, I'm sure.

Aaaaaaand I've done it! Very satisfying platinum! Very well presented game. Can't wait for a sequel/DLC.

Also, this was me getting a blazing sun in one of the trials by the skin of Aloy's teeth. You had to destroy the two Ravagers using the minigun, within 2 minutes, while a T-Rex presided:

https://streamable.com/h54xp

• Like 3

My problem with that trail was usually that the two asshole ravagers would end up being too far apart. 

Yeah, I was very lucky. I had no tactics, just shot the two disc launchers off, and then went at it, using the shield weave armour to do its thing.

I wonder if the DLC is just going to be a new area with a short story, or if we're going to get any new machines with it?

I have to load up a save and start new game+? 

I am confused it brings up a pop up and not sure if its the right way to proceed.

Yes, you have to load the save first, then go the menu in game and create a new game plus file. Then back out to the main menu and choose ng+. You get to choose difficulty next.

Edited by Tales
  • Like 1

Looking forward to that a lot. One of the best games that I've played this year. Hope that they make more expansions/DLC for it as I really like the world that they've built. 

On 07/08/2017 at 6:47 PM, Fierce_LiNk said:

Looking forward to that a lot. One of the best games that I've played this year. Hope that they make more expansions/DLC for it as I really like the world that they've built. 

Yeah i am sure its going to be great. Replaying New game + with my existing loadout. Its obviously much faster and I am more focused on the main mission. Loving how everything is. Not the best time with Uncharted out tomorrow. 

I guess that depends. Do you have time to play it now? Isn't the Frozen Wild DLC like £16, so it works out cheaper to buy them separately (assuming they make the Complete Edition £50).

I'd buy it now, and play it so when they release the DLC you're ready to go.

• Thanks 1

I adore Horizon. I reckon that you should go for it now, because you may not like it and then not want to play the DLC anyway. I can't think of a reason why you wouldn't/shouldn't like it. The combat is superb.

• Thanks 1

Travel back in time and get it on release you heathen. The game is that bloody good. I platinumed while also working 75 hours a week. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1