NEurope
Hero-of-Time

Horizon: Zero Dawn

100% completion and all data points collected, I think I've squeezed as much I can out of this amazing game for now. Turns out you don't need all the data points for 100%, only the stuff on the game progression page but I was interested in finding out the lore in the data points anyway.

Glad you guys are enjoying it. Look forward to hearing your thoughts on the game.

I've just unlocked the last of the Tallneck towers, so the map is now fully uncovered. I have to say, I love the way they've implemented the Ubisoft towers in this. There are only 5, they aren't a hassle to climb up to and getting a good view of things, while standing on the top of them on the move, is a beautiful thing.

I think i'll head back to the starting area and start clearing things up back there. There was a quest that wanted me to head into a Cauldron that I forgot to do, so I'll go back and see what's all that about.

What's the deal with the different weapons? Is it best to just buy all the purple ones? I'm still rocking my starting weapons. :D

What's the deal with the different weapons? Is it best to just buy all the purple ones? I'm still rocking my starting weapons. :D

Purple weapons offer more ammunition types that add another layer to combat so you should definitely get them.

Great so far, mobs are balanced and fair and the game offers a variety of solutions to different enemies and situations.

While not forcing them on you. And this is exactly why I think combat in this game is much better than in Zelda. There you either have to approach a battle differently because your weapons break or just avoid combat alltogether.

In HZD you can do whatever you want within the games combat system at any time. It offers more freedom than BotW.

Purple weapons offer more ammunition types that add another layer to combat so you should definitely get them.

Is there a certain vendor I should be using or do they pretty much all sell the same stuff?

While not forcing them on you. And this is exactly why I think combat in this game is much better than in Zelda. There you either have to approach a battle differently because your weapons break or just avoid combat alltogether.

In HZD you can do whatever you want within the games combat system at any time. It offers more freedom than BotW.

Plus, you can actually roll in this game. :D Still annoys me that rolling isn't in BOTW. :nono:

Yeah if you've got the shards jump straight to the purple weapons, they have more mod slots. All the weapons are good fun and it's worth trying them all out as they give you different options in combat. I actually wished the weapon wheel had 6 slots so I could equip more at the same time.

Is there a certain vendor I should be using or do they pretty much all sell the same stuff?

I think they all sell the same stuff.

Plus, you can actually roll in this game. :D Still annoys me that rolling isn't in BOTW. :nono:

Yeah, would've been easy to implement, too. Double press the jump button to roll.

Yeah if you've got the shards jump straight to the purple weapons, they have more mod slots. All the weapons are good fun and it's worth trying them all out as they give you different options in combat. I actually wished the weapon wheel had 6 slots so I could equip more at the same time.

I think they all sell the same stuff.

Thanks for the help, guys. Watching the footy now but will put your advice to good use once the matches are over.

I've reached the 24 hour mark in this game now, and I'm loving every minute of it! The world and the lore surrounding it are brilliant, and the gameplay is fantastic! :D

However, I may have come across a bug... I definitely managed to get all the Blazing Suns from the Valleymeet Hunting Trails, but my quest info was showing that I had yet to complete 2/3 them, with only one marked as completed. So I decided to go back, to make sure. Upon definitely being within the time limit for a Blazing Sun, the game still doesn't appear to give it to me. Anyone else come across this? I'm stumped. :confused:

However, I may have come across a bug... I definitely managed to get all the Blazing Suns from the Valleymeet Hunting Trails, but my quest info was showing that I had yet to complete 2/3 them, with only one marked as completed. So I decided to go back, to make sure. Upon definitely being within the time limit for a Blazing Sun, the game still doesn't appear to give it to me. Anyone else come across this? I'm stumped. :confused:

I know there was a problem with the tutorials not registering unless the quest was active, maybe it's similar to that and may be worth having the Valleymeet quest active whilst doing it.

It might be worth checking each trial whilst speaking to the keeper, if all the marks are lit up then you have the blazing sun, also check the world map to see if it says completed when you hover over Valleymeet.

This is pissing me off a bit. I have the Shadow Ropecaster. Doing the tie down medium machines tutorial, I tied down a ravaged no problem, now I've come across Sawtooths that I can literally shoot 5-6 times and nothing happens to them. Point blank range too. They just get the yellow alert symbol.

This is pissing me off a bit. I have the Shadow Ropecaster. Doing the tie down medium machines tutorial, I tied down a ravaged no problem, now I've come across Sawtooths that I can literally shoot 5-6 times and nothing happens to them. Point blank range too. They just get the yellow alert symbol.

I didn't use much of those weapons(tying them down), but when I did I always moved around the enemy in a circle while firing at it, so try that. It makes sense to tie them down from different angles. Also, it may be the translation, but, I had a problem with confusing the arrow that tied them down with the arrow that makes them trip, so make sure you're using the right arrow.

Edited by Tales

I didn't use much of those weapons(tying them down), but when I did I always moved around the enemy in a circle while firing at it, so try that. It makes sense to tie them down from different angles. Also, it may be the translation, but, I had a problem with confusing the arrow that tied them down with the arrow that makes them trip, so make sure you're using the right arrow.

I did have the right one out. Ironically shortly after that I tied down two of them while standing perfectly still myself. It just seems a bit buggy I guess.

I decided to look up Aloys voice actor. Motherfucking Ashly Burch! She's come a really long way from Hey Ash Whatcha Playing, and Tiny Tina in borderlands. Nice to see a happy little success story like that, and she does a damn fine job too.

The game continues to blow me away.

Wow. I honestly wasn't expecting the inside to look like that! It felt like I had just stepped into the real world in The Matrix.

:D

I also wasn't expecting to have a battle at the end of it. I spammed a few traps that I had been saving and took down the beastie quite quickly. Very happy I can now override a few more of the machines. If you get a reward like that after each Cauldron then I may hit them sooner rather than later.

I reached the max in a lot of my resources, despite upgrading the bag to the max. I'm gonna start making and using traps more often as it seems there are plenty of resources to go around. I just need to get rid of my hoarding mentality and just let loose.

So tempted to pick this up, reading how much you guys are loving it, damn you all.

The game continues to blow me away.

Wow. I honestly wasn't expecting the inside to look like that! It felt like I had just stepped into the real world in The Matrix.

:D

I also wasn't expecting to have a battle at the end of it. I spammed a few traps that I had been saving and took down the beastie quite quickly. Very happy I can now override a few more of the machines. If you get a reward like that after each Cauldron then I may hit them sooner rather than later.

I reached the max in a lot of my resources, despite upgrading the bag to the max. I'm gonna start making and using traps more often as it seems there are plenty of resources to go around. I just need to get rid of my hoarding mentality and just let loose.

They have some variance, but yeah the cauldrons are how you continue upgrading your override abilities. I think Aloy even quips about it around machines you can't unlock yet. Such a nice little touch.

They have some variance, but yeah the cauldrons are how you continue upgrading your override abilities. I think Aloy even quips about it around machines you can't unlock yet. Such a nice little touch.

Yeah, I've just this minute heard her say that. As you said, nice little touch. :D

Speaking of little touches, I love how the map goes 3D/has depth when you move it.

Made it to Meridian. Did unlock all the map via the Tallnecks (the one in the North-West, it's tricky as you got a heck of a lot of tough machines. Now focusing on the main story for a bit, need to get my level up to do more of the side missions. And, i also cleared all Bandit camps.

Also, took out my first Thunderjaw on the way to Meridian. Luckily, it spawned in a location i could manage effectively, and i had help from 3 Meridian Guards patrolling the area. And i got my hands on more Shadow gear. Got the Shadow War Bow, Shadow Hunter Bow, Shadow Rope Caster and Shadow Sling now.

Edited by Jimbob

I've sidelined the main story for now and instead I'm just running around getting the collectibles, clearing the camps and hitting the Cauldrons. Speaking of which, oh my....

This was only my second Cauldron and I wasn't expecting to fight a Thunderjaw in there! I hadn't fought one yet and with this being in a very small space it was very much a trial by fire!

I ran around planting traps to try and slow it down. No idea if they even worked. I then resorted to dodging and then getting a good few shots off with my new bow. I made quick work of its main guns and then bombarded it with fire arrows so that I would inflict the burning status.

Very fun fight and I came out victorious!

I'm gonna assume that was the hardest Cauldron given what I can now override.

Ha. I did the same thing with my Cauldron order of completion.

Regarding items, make sure to sell stuff you don't need you can trade for items at some point too. Upgrading stuff was pretty easy. No recipes to discover!

Yep. I have to say there are loads of really great things that the industry should follow.

A big one is that games have become far less respectful of your time. How many games have 100's or even 1000+ collectibles/things to do etc. Time is precious, it's frustrating when great games waste your time in between the good stuff. There is next to no extra fluff in Horizon. It's refreshing!

Edited by Choze

Has anyone else gone back home post proving? I suggest doing it.

Has anyone else gone back home post proving? I suggest doing it.

I am still wondering about the significance of the Horus machines/ metal devils. You only see afew in the game.

My spoilers don't work?