NEurope
Hero-of-Time

Horizon: Zero Dawn

This is the best looking game I've ever played. The checkerboard rendering is some kind of black magic. I'm absolutely delighted with the PS4 Pro/4K TV set up.

And its framerate is so wonderfully rock solid.

Anybody here with non PS4 Pro impressions? Mostly interested in the framerate. :)

Anybody here with non PS4 Pro impressions? Mostly interested in the framerate. :)

I've not noticed any in the small amount of time I've played the game. Visually it looks insane, even on my standard PS4 and shoddy TV. :D

Digital Foundry did some comparisons; virtually indistinct from each other.

Wow, that is really impressive. : peace:

I might (most likely will) get the game sometime next week...

I totally forgot this game existed until this week when I saw the adverts. It looks beautiful.

Will look to pick this up after I'm done with Zelda.

The game looks beautiful in those videos! Definitely next on my list of games to pick up! :)

Kinda makes me wish we had a PS4 Pro though to enjoy the enhanced graphics... but 3 PS4 consoles would be overkill. :P

If you are still on 1080p then dont expect a huge difference. Supersampling is slightly nicer than the TXAA on the base version. They did a great job.

Though i can take screens etc at 1080p.

Cant wait to play tonight. The early bits are great and people are saying its better once I have done all those parts.

I'm a bit farther than you to say the least, and it's been awesome. The graphics are amazing throughout and I have never noticed and slowdown or framedrop of any kind. The story is also shaping up to be something great.

Took a bunch of photos, but I assumed they were saved as soon as I hit share. Appearently it doesn't work like that anymore, if it ever has..

I saw.. 26 as lowest FPS?

With a maximum of 30, is that noticeable?

Seems like a behemoth of an open world engine. Its also Dutch. *rubs nipple*

I'm a bit farther than you to say the least, and it's been awesome. The graphics are amazing throughout and I have never noticed and slowdown or framedrop of any kind. The story is also shaping up to be something great.

Took a bunch of photos, but I assumed they were saved as soon as I hit share. Appearently it doesn't work like that anymore, if it ever has..

Check your share settings. Might even be space (hooray for the new 3.50 fw).

I have not dug into photo mode much yet but intend to now that am past the gates of the starting area.

I have not dug into photo mode much yet but intend to now that am past the gates of the starting area.

I've been going through the photo thread on Gaf and some of the shots posted over there are incredible.

8gogqGi.jpg?1

33060709972_df50bf0fb3_o.png

HorizonZeroDawn_20170302235117.png

HorizonZeroDawn_20170302235747.png

C590-rmWAAAEvBl.jpg:large

MupGuCR.jpg

:love::love::love:

I think I might get this as my current game.

9OHUDk5.gif

The gifs are nice. It's crazy this is an open world game. Though the differences are much smaller this gen.

Level 11. Have to say the game is just alot better once it opens up. :D

Make sure you are upgrading your ranged attacks and damage stuff.

edit: While its not a big controversy, there is news regarding the game's appropriation of Native American culture(Nora trible, Aloy's clothes at the start).

It's quite cool to know the historical meaning of the word 'braves' for example.

Being European I am not too familiar with looking out for something like this the same way Americans do but its always good to learn from history regarding issues.

Edited by Choze

How can a game with so many options for the fucking HUD have literally no options for aim sensitivity?

Spent the day playing this and have done a total 180 on my initial thoughts. It is fantastic! Everything about the movement and combat feels super fluid (probably helps that I'm coming off Last Guardian, lol.)

Only downside is that it's a shame the dialogue is generally pretty po-faced, and the sidequests pretty dull.. I'm hoping it'll lighten up as it progresses. The main story and all the caves / metal ruins are, by contrast surprisingly intriguing though.

Basically, loads of fun!

Guerrilla are essentially experienced with action games so that shows here. The combat is brilliant. It's not so easy though. Lower level enemies are easy but the new robots are insane. Definitely put loads of points in your combat trees.

I made it to Meridian. What an amazing location. This is the sort of stuff you want in a fantasy game! Shame its not the most interactive town/city but lots of those mechanics are simpler or less time wasting as a result(see Destiny). The hunting lodge stuff in Meridian is great though. You gain access if you do the trials near the start of the game. Had to go back to the Nora lands for it.

Am about level 20 and focusing on tying up side quests etc. Some are really good. Others seem to be short and basic.

The locales are lovely. It seems the Carja have way more towns and outposts. It's also nice seeing more robots. The story is taking off with the most of the past aspect answered and

Just addicted, looking forward to the next stuff.

nWFdgRF.gif

edit: I did not know you get fishbones via fishing. Bow and Arrow way lol.

Edited by Choze

I will hopefully pick this up in an hour. 10€ if I trade in Dark Soul III and The Witcher 3 : peace:

I will hopefully pick this up in an hour. 10€ if I trade in Dark Soul III and The Witcher 3 : peace:

Good stuff. I can't wait to hear what you think.

I'm really looking forward to getting back on it, now that Zelda is finished. I only played an hour of it when it arrived so methinks I will start it again.

I put the difficulty up to hard to make the sneaking/trapping/hunting a bit more necessary. I fucking love stalking through the long grass. I also happened across a massive door in the side of a mountain and there was an awesome dungeon type level in it with a boss to fight at the end. It was like the Vault of Glass in Destiny.

A few puzzles and this would basically be a cyber-punk Zelda game.

I put the difficulty up to hard to make the sneaking/trapping/hunting a bit more necessary. I fucking love stalking through the long grass. I also happened across a massive door in the side of a mountain and there was an awesome dungeon type level in it with a boss to fight at the end. It was like the Vault of Glass in Destiny.

Fuck me, that sounds incredible :bouncy: Will definitely turn up the difficulty, too. Really hope it's more difficult than Zelda.

I'm getting really excited now :D I'll have today and tomorrow to play the whole day until I have to study again from Wednesday on, so I will definitely make the most of my freetime :)

I just remembered that I have a £30 gift card for Game unused from Christmas...

Absolutely loving this game! Been taking things pretty slow, doing side quests, errands, collectibles as I go and doing hunting grounds when I come across them which are good place to try out new weapons and hone your skills with combat.

Ive really found a groove with the combat now, having the right outfit,weapons,traps can make the difference and the crafting is so fast mid battle it really adds to the fluidity of the combat.

Finally on my way to Meridian now and I'm yet to fast travel as traversing through this world is just to beautiful.

@Daft was that a cauldron? Great aren't they, a real departure from the outside world.

Back from GameStop.

Holy shit, I got the last copy and only because one customer didn't pick up his/her pre-ordered one :D

The shop assistant told me that I was very lucky...since release they got 4 shipments ranging from 25-40 copies and every single one has been sold out after 45 minutes max!

:bouncy: Very excited to give it a go after I had launch.