NEurope
Hero-of-Time

Horizon: Zero Dawn

Shopto have shipped mine

Also saw my first advert for the game on Fox. Can't wait now, hopefully it arrives tomorrow.

Sony have done some really great advertisements for the game.

Newcastle

znpWKxS.jpg?1

Liverpool

OEif0AZ.jpg?1

Cardiff

VgY8xKU.png

Birmingham

UQdB4Xu.png

Paris

cvhd89.gif

Rome

29wzkc.gif

Loving the Toon one, obviously. :D

A very "The Last of Us" vibe to the scenery there. I love those adverts.

I've followed literally nothing on this game but it seems to be popping into a number of recent conversations - can anyone sum up why I want/need this game in my life? I'm under the impression it's getting good vibes, but I recall next to nothing about it and kinda feel like attempting to stay spoiler-free (if applicable).

Doesn't do much new but what it does it accomplishes extremely well. Quick gist is that in the far future of robot wildlife society is no more and what's left of humanity is multiple tribes of sorts. Obviously you are from a tribe and from there adventure happens.

It's open world with side quests and hunting/gathering type elements various gadgets and apparently an amount of strategy goes into taking down larger enemies. Various play styles and such all can be applied to it.

Also it's bloody gorgeous looking.

Edit....didn't realize the page of replies after yours. Oh well.

Edited by Nolan

My order from GAME still has not dispatched. Should I be worried?

Thought I had escaped Amazon's awful 'launch day' deliveries.

You thought you'd escaped Amazon by going to GAME?? :shakehead Simply Games or Shopto if you want your games on or before release.

Ok it is now despatched.

Hope I get it tomorrow. Will be tough playing it next few days though... :p

Yeah Amazon are just terrible. Not even the day after release sometimes...

Testing Game out and they seem to be more of a release day company. Simplygames are always early.

Put about an hour into it so far and I'm blown away by the graphics. Seriously, the game looks stunning. Dat opening sequence. :heart::bowdown:

The user reviews are depressing on Metacritic. There are tons of gamers giving it a 0 score, seemingly to bring down the average rating.

The user reviews are depressing on Metacritic. There are tons of gamers giving it a 0 score, seemingly to bring down the average rating.

Yeah, I seen that on Gaf. It seems a few of the reviews are from Zelda/Nintendo fanboys just looking to lower the average. Pathetic and sad that they feel so insecure that they feel the need to do this.

Just played an hour as well, graphics are incredible, can't believe its running on an OG playstation. Be interested to hear impressions of what it looks like on the Pro.

Oh and photo mode is amazing!

I think that happens to every major game on that site. It's then 10 or 0 and nothing inbetween.

Have played pretty much non stop since yesterday. Short story, love the game. Combat is awesome as expected and really challenging at times. But I'm still relatively early in the game and there's lot more to see and fight.

You'll probably figuring out it yoursef but if not some beginner tips if you want

Hunt all the wildlife. It should enough to just shoot at the unlucky hare or boar that runs in front of you. You need it's stuff for potions and upgrades.

Collectible maps can be bought at the merchant north in the Embrace after the world opens up.

And upgrade the resource bag asap. Maybe the modification bag too since it fills up fast and you can sell what you don't need.

Edited by Tales

Yeah, I seen that on Gaf. It seems a few of the reviews are from Zelda/Nintendo fanboys just looking to lower the average. Pathetic and sad that they feel so insecure that they feel the need to do this.

Yeah, that's pathetic bringing the score down. It's not like there's another huge release this week :D

Forgot about the large install, damn.

Seems like this game has ants and stuff. Not even Uncharted does that.

HcaMhTJ.gif

It's sad, no reason to be insecure. Not even the same genre technically. Hope people enjoy both games.

No pre order code from GAME.

Awesome...

Why are gaming retail stores so bad?

I will likely go the digital route for my next highly anticipated games.

Edit: I don't understand how these retailers deal with entertainment. Don't fuck around with people's free time. I just dropped the GAME phone line As I was waiting for over 15 minutes. There is other stuff for me to do nowadays, it's not like I have as much free time any more.

Amazon and Game stick out to me as places to avoid. I wish game companies stopped supporting these time wasting idiots.

edit: Bad mood. GAME actually sent the code in the afternoon. Looking good.

Edited by Choze

Shopto sent out the DLC code, then a 2nd email saying it can't be redeemed until today.

I think I might get this as my summer game.

I got this today, put the disc in my PS4 with the intention of just installing the inevitable huge day 1 patch along with the game data so it would be ready for later, turns out the patch was only a few hundred megabytes for a change. :)

So I went to install it, turns out the game was ready to go and proceeded to load so I thought it would be rude to not at least play the intro...

...two hours later. :p

It's a really solid, open-world title which has a decent setup & backstory which shows you just enough as it teaches you the basics and then just lets you get to it even in the starting area, well to an extent... I noticed that if you go toward the boundary area of the map where there's nothing you do get a warning stating "if you don't turn back, your last save will be reloaded" so naturally I didn't feel like testing that much. ;)

Perhaps that limitation will go away upon getting further into the map, it's not a big deal just a slight immersion-killer but aside from that, the gameplay is fluid, nice level of detail - OG PS4 for life - :awesome: and the gathering aspect feels fine at this point oh plus Dynamic HUD is clearly the best option.

When you hear Aloy talking to herself about certain things, reacting to situations etc it actually doesn't bother me as it makes sense in the context of the story - to me anyway - which I won't mention anything about but I just thought I'd belay any fears about this as if anything it just adds to the experience. :D

You get to save at any available bonfire of which there are a reasonable amount scattered across even the opening area, so don't be afraid to get out there just so long as you're aware where your next save point is.

Stealth is nicely implemented too incorporating the best of games which have similar mechanics, climbing feels more like Uncharted, combat clearly has depth just waiting to be exploited and there are plenty of skills to learn and secrets to find.

I want to play more of it now but I'll resist until later, though I intend to play as much of it as I can before this week is out, I'm also playing on Very Hard difficulty... I haven't died yet in-game but it's early days so we'll see how that pans out. : peace:

Amazon and Game stick out to me as places to avoid. I wish game companies stopped supporting these time wasting idiots.

Speaking for the US, Amazon is actually extremely great for ordering from. Day of delivery on all preorders so far for me. Also the fact that buying a new release on Amazon within like 2 weeks gives a 20% discount. $60 games on Amazon are $48 games if bought near release or preordered.

That said I haven't gotten this yet because I'm afraid I'd play a couple hours and then get busy with work and not go back.

Yeah got everything sorted. Game sent the code. Got my deluxe edition. Cant wait to play just busy right now. Starting tomorrow night. :awesome:

Game seems awesome. Watched some vids etc. but at this stage best to just start and ignore spoilers.

Browsing through the GAF screenshot thread. Its all wallpapers, each and every one of them.

32285276714_7e724c1665_o.png

This isnt supposed to be possible.

I think I might get this as my spring game.

Played several hours tonight. Got into the next area I think? Still on early quest-lines and Level 8.

So far it's great. The early parts with a heavy story were handled well (take notes FFXV) and the game has been fun already. I stopped by an outpost for now and am upgrading my character. Just thinking about always playing lol.