NEurope
Hero-of-Time

Horizon: Zero Dawn

Seems to be getting mostly good/great reviews :) Happy to hear. It's great that hard work on a new IP pays off. I really hope sales will reflect that.

I'm actually quite tempted by this. Might wait for it to be a bit cheaper though.

Jim Sterling also loved it. Not much original but everything done really well.

He also said the first thing anyone should do is make the HUD settings dynamic.

I was worried it might end up being too generic and that Aloy's constant narration would get annoying so its good to hear its been received well. I'll probably pick it up in a few months though, its coming out at the wrong time for me.

To be honest, I think I've had an awful lot of open world games recently so doubt I'll be picking this up. The comment about it being like Far Cry put me off, since Far Cry is the absolute worst checklist-crossing off style of open world game there is.

Quite looking forward to starting on Dishonored 2.

To be honest, I think I've had an awful lot of open world games recently so doubt I'll be picking this up. The comment about it being like Far Cry put me off, since Far Cry is the absolute worst checklist-crossing off style of open world game there is.

Quite looking forward to starting on Dishonored 2.

Many reviews are saying it isn't like the Far Cry's at all and make a good point of comparison with other open world and Ubisoft games.

It is looking like the highest rated game of the year so far. Had no doubt combat and graphics would be good. Surprised at stuff like story and characters being good considering the Killzone games.

Kojima made a good choice for the engine.

Edited by Choze

These reviews have really hyped me up. My recent games have been Overwatch, Nioh and Final Fantasy so I am ready for a good open world game (Because FFXV was...positively archaic).

Looks like they have gone far and beyond expectations for a new franchise/game. Always wanted an RPG with strong gameplay elements from other genres. Also so many people used to say these lot should use their artistic and graphical strength on an rpg!

Pro version is native 4K via checkerboarding like Cod Infinite warfare.

Upgraded my pre order to the one with the art book.

I knew this game had promise when it was shown but to be honest, I didn't expect them to deliver. Looks great though. Definitely going to get it when I feel there's space in my gaming diary!

So what is the progression like in this game? Is it just a skill tree where you upgrade your stuff to make it more powerful, or is it more item based progression like Zelda and Metroid? Got to say, I much prefer the latter style, where you see things you can't get to but when you get a certain item, you can go backtracking for it.

The main reason I preferred the Tomb Raider reboots to Uncharted.

Questing and levelling. It's an rpg after all.

Shocked at all the crazy high reviews and early impressions.

Shellwalker-and-Aloy-in-Horizon-Zero-Dawn-gif-5.gif

98m2mB.gif

cqqY0Ip.gif

Edited by Choze

Thats a nice trailer. Not the usual type.

I wonder if it was a mistake launching so close to Switch and Mass Effect? As a new IP, getting the name out there will be tough.

Super excited about this, despite not having seen any footage since last e3 and nothing else since the reveal I think. It's great to hear it recieves well with the critics.

Might have it on Monday, so I have taken the week off from work for this.

I'm optimistic about this. I feel the same way about this as I did before I played Rise of the Tomb Raider in that I feel that both games will be great games without really changing anything or adding anything to the gaming landscape. I dunno, just the vibe I'm getting. It looks really beautiful and I like the look of the combat. Will wait until Easter or the summer until I get around to it.

Sony have done some really great advertisements for the game.

Newcastle

znpWKxS.jpg?1

Liverpool

OEif0AZ.jpg?1

Cardiff

VgY8xKU.png

Birmingham

UQdB4Xu.png

Paris

cvhd89.gif

Rome

29wzkc.gif

Loving the Toon one, obviously. :D

Edited by Hero-of-Time

Sony have done some really great advertisements for the game.

Newcastle

znpWKxS.jpg?1

Liverpool

OEif0AZ.jpg?1

Cardiff

VgY8xKU.png

Birmingham

UQdB4Xu.png

Paris

cvhd89.gif

Rome

29wzkc.gif

Loving the Toon one, obviously. :D

Being a Cardiff uni grad the Cardiff one made me smile. I love chippy alley me.

I retweeted Tom Phillips' comment on twitter as it made me :D. He tweeter the above images with the caption "Brexit Britain" haha!

I've followed literally nothing on this game but it seems to be popping into a number of recent conversations - can anyone sum up why I want/need this game in my life? I'm under the impression it's getting good vibes, but I recall next to nothing about it and kinda feel like attempting to stay spoiler-free (if applicable).

I've followed literally nothing on this game but it seems to be popping into a number of recent conversations - can anyone sum up why I want/need this game in my life? I'm under the impression it's getting good vibes, but I recall next to nothing about it and kinda feel like attempting to stay spoiler-free (if applicable).

It's reet good, innit.

Massive open world RPG set in the future where mankind has for some reason been sent back to a more primitive state and machines have now taken over the place.

There's a deep combat system that kinda looks to have a Monster Hunter vibe to it. Target certain parts of the animal/machine to hinder it and when it's taken down you can grab items off of it to create new gear.

The story is supposed to be top notch, with Colin Moriarty saying that it comes very close to the greatness that is the narrative in The Last of Us.

It looks to be a lengthy game, with many clocking the story at around the 30-40 hour mark but having plenty more to do after the credits have rolled.

Got to avoid YouTube due to spoilers.

Hope game dispatch my deluxe version soon...

Shopto have shipped mine as well, can't wait!

Hopefully it arrives tomorrow as lots of spoilers out there.