NEurope
Hero-of-Time

Horizon: Zero Dawn

As I said in the E3 thread this is game of E3 for me. Loved what was shown of the gameplay.

Yeah, the combat looked incredible.

I want to see some of the exploration and RPG elements, though.

As I said in the E3 thread this is game of E3 for me. Loved what was shown of the gameplay.

Same for me, followed very closely by God of War.

It seems to be a combo of open world RPG and Monster Hunter. The visuals are absolutely gorgeous, as well. The demo and past trailers have done just enough to get me excited but haven't gave away anything in terms of how the world ended up the way it did.

What really impresses me is that this from the guys made the Killzone games. From the Killzone series to this. Fantastic stuff.

I'm starting to get No Man's Sky vibes from this game. They've shown gameplay off three or four times now at various events and each one has been identical: hunting a dinosaur creature, and either taking it down or climbing aboard. What is the actual gameplay like apart from this? Visually it certainly looks pretty spectacular, but how much depth will there be? To use the same quotes people used towards NMS, "What do you actually do?".

Can't wait for this. Might be my most anticipated game right now.

Not sure if this is old, but it provides some information.

Edited by drahkon

Very excited about this, but I haven't seen anything since E3 and will keeping myself in the dark until it releases. Pre ordered the LE a couple months ago.

Gameplay starts at 15:50.

Dat village and dat combat...:awesome:

Might be my most anticipated game right now.

Correction: Definitely my most anticipated game rigth now. :D

Played this at EGX today, it's a spectacular looking game. Gameplay was ok, we did the same thing every demo trailer has done, hunt and take down robot dinosaurs, in basically the same way. I still worry the game is going to be repetitive and shallow. It was quite buggy, the AI was all over the place and the melee animation was far too slow and inaccurate to be enjoyable, but otherwise it was pretty fun.

I'm not sure to be honest, the console was hidden. I assumed it was just a regular PS4, there was a fair bit of slow down when the action got intense.

I'm not sure to be honest, the console was hidden. I assumed it was just a regular PS4, there was a fair bit of slow down when the action got intense.

Most of the games i saw were played on PC's with PS4/Xbox specs. So i'm assuming the same was with this.

Couldn't get a slot to play Horizon, reservation only and most were gone by the time i got there.

So, this thread could do with a timely "bump!" it would seem... ;)

A really insightful preview with just enough information, gameplay and no real story spoilers. :)

I've had this pre-ordered and paid for since ages ago so I'll be getting it.

Of course I'll be playing it on my launch model PS4 but I don't expect it to be detrimental to my enjoyment of the game despite its apparent Pro enhancements.

However I have just realised something, it's coming out two days before the Switch launches so I just hope I get my copy early from Tesco, it has happened before so we shall see. : peace:

The criticisms he raises were things that put me off from previous footage.

I've no time for the resource gathering bullshit that so many open world games go for now. The world is big enough as it is without forcing the player to go round and round in circles to do something that requires no skill and adds nothing to the game. I was put off Far Cry 3 within the first hour for that reason. Something like InFamous does it better because traversal is fun, you don't have to break your momentum too much to pick up the equivalent resource (shards), and you don't have to spend hours organising them once acquired. You can glimpse a shard and decide then and there if you can be bothered to incorporate it into your route, and there's no penalty for not doing so. Horizon looks like there will be times when you have to spend time grinding to keep up with the difficulty curve.

The HUD is invasive. It's like everything's being seen through an augmented reality lens, for which there may be story justification but not an artistic one. Mark Brown deals with this problem:

And yeah, she speaks too much.

When Sony announces exclusives like this it's easy to go overboard, especially when the visuals are great and there are nifty looking sci-fi elements to it. To me, however, it looks over-engineered to the point of losing its identity. The title was a warning.

There are HUD options.

[TWEET]826169142315253760[/TWEET]

I think Dark Souls 3 has the best HUD option which is an auto-hide. When you're just running around, the HUD disappears completely. Running out of stamina while sprinting, it'll appear when you have about 25% stamina left (and that's just the stamina bar). Do an attack and the HUD is appears again.

And I can't speak for Far Cry 3 but Far Cry 4 had basically no resource gathering. Except the herbs which were everywhere.

Edited by Daft

There are HUD options.

I think Dark Souls 3 has the best HUD option which is an auto-hide. When you're just running around, the HUD disappears completely. Running out of stamina while sprinting, it'll appear when you have about 25% stamina left (and that's just the stamina bar). Do an attack and the HUD is appears again.

And I can't speak for Far Cry 3 but Far Cry 4 had basically no resource gathering. Except the herbs which were everywhere.

Far Cry 3 was fine. You could hunt and craft upgrades, but you didn't have to.

The herbs were also pretty much optional. I don't remember doing an awful lot of collecting stuff.

Certainly nothing like No Man's Sky...

The graphics look really good, but the game also seems fun. During my stay in Skyrim [loft style apartment] i sometimes got bored, put on some crappy armor and a hunting bow and went hunting on the tundra's around Whiterun.

Wont be playing this as i dont own a console that can run this, but it all looks pretty decent. Looking forward to review video's.

And a bit proud this is made by Dutch people. : peace:

Still looking forward to it, had the LE(without statue) pre ordered for a while. Haven't seen the video above or much else at all really, since I will be getting it anyway. I don't mind recource gathering, I like hoarding recources for later. I don't how much she talks, but I doubt it will bother me too much anyway, I feel like it happens a lot in many games with a sole character without it being a problem.

I would be really looking forward to this if it wasn't for the Switch!

Its looking like I will pick it up at a late date :(

There are HUD options.

Fair play. As in the YT video though, the game does needs to be relatively playable without the extra layer of information to make those options appealing.

HZDcustomHUD.jpg

Horizon Zero Dawn New Map Leak Reveals Amazing Varied Environments, Locations And Tribes

Horizon Zero Dawn is now less than three weeks away from release, and as you can expect, leaks are starting to come out about the game. In this new leak, we can see the locations and tribes in Horizon Zero Dawn. Here is a look at the huge map which shows these locations.

sXOepoc.jpg

As you can see in this image there’s three main locations in Horizon Zero Dawn which are

Sunfall

Meridian

Mother’s Heart

Each main location has a different number of tribes as well as a totally different environment. Meridian being the forest area, Mother’s Heart being the snowy area, and Sunfall being the sandy/desert area.

http://thisgengaming.com/2017/02/09/horizon-zero-dawn-new-map-leak-reveals-varied-environments-locations-and-tribes/

Seems to be more hit than a miss. I read eurogamers and they gave it a so so. Which I thought is what it might get after all the hype, but it seems to be reviewing rather well everywhere else.

Easy Allies

Review

I can't wait for it personally...

...well I suppose I can, another exclusive for the backlog. ;)

But it does look pretty good.

: peace:

Edited by S.C.G