NEurope
Hero-of-Time

Horizon: Zero Dawn

Ignorant on the subject matter? Dr. bob made reference to generic and boring titles. I posted my OPINION that Bloodborne, Battleborn, Battlefield and Battlefront fit that bill. There's no subject matter to be ignorant on. In my view, those are boring, generic titles, the latter three especially.

I would probably think Splatoon was generic if I knew nothing about the game. Once you know you are splatting paint, there are platoons of players, and it's a cartoon style game then you can appreciate it's a far from generic name...and pretty cool. Point being...armed with knowledge, your opinion can change (point Flink was getting at).

True that we don't know anything about this game yet. Although it's fun to laugh for now.

Splatoon is probably the least generic name you could have picked, but ok.

Officially delayed until the 1st March 2017.

There are more details about the delay out there but I'm sitting at the cinema so someone else will have to do the leg work. :p

Was never expecting this out this year, so March 2017 is ok.

I'm kinda liking game delays right now, there seems to be a constant stream of stuff I want but can't keep up with.

I'm kinda liking game delays right now, there seems to be a constant stream of stuff I want but can't keep up with.

You aren't wrong. Even i'm having trouble keeping up with PS4 releases! :D

I watched the trailer last night and the game looks absolutely stunning. I'm more than happy to wait for this to get further polish.

One concern I have: How does the base game version compare to the inevitable "Neo" version of this?

One concern I have: How does the base game version compare to the inevitable "Neo" version of this?

Neo is essentially just a profile from what we know. So no new assets etc. Shares same disk and data. Likely just a resolution bump beyond 1080p for most games.

Alot less complex than the Scorpio and other xbox/win10 platform stuff.

Why concern?

We obviously don't know what the exact relationship between Neo & the base PS4 will be but scuttlebutt is Sony will be mandating new games to be utilizing Neo's extra jazz by the end of this year. Zero Dawn seems ambitious enough in scope to become a Neo poster-child and it makes me pause and wonder how each version will compare in visuals and/or performance, with each other and the trailers.

Hopefully there's not much difference but it does give me a pause.

Edited by gaggle64

I can't wait to see how Sony are going to demo PS4 AND Neo versions of the same game. Splitscreen? The meh version and the amazing buy-one-now neo version? Or maybe they'll just demo Neo quality games from now on, and stick a second middle finger up to the rest of their 40 million consumer base.

It's gotten to the point where it's a momentous occasion when a big release isn't delayed. Publishers seem very keen to string us all along with release dates they'll never meet.

Maybe they will just stop releasing games next year for PS4, then shortly after kill it off altogether. Think of all the disgruntled owners having such a short generation. ;)

Maybe they will just stop releasing games next year for PS4, then shortly after kill it off altogether. Think of all the disgruntled owners having such a short generation. ;)

The difference is, the Wii U needs to be killed off, whilst after a poor gen, PS4 is a huge success story; and they reward those 40+ million consumers by making the thing obsolete early. :indeed:

and they reward those 40+ million consumers by making the thing obsolete early. :indeed:

They haven't done this.

I'm going to drop both PS4s out of my ground floor flat window in protest.

I'm stunned that they've done this! Now my current collection is going to suddenly look crap.

Edited by Fierce_LiNk

I'm stunned that they've done this! Now my current collection is going to suddenly look crap.

No one even suggested it was going to, or anything like the above.

No one even suggested it was going to, or anything like the above.

I can't wait to see how Sony are going to demo PS4 AND Neo versions of the same game. Splitscreen? The meh version and the amazing buy-one-now neo version? Or maybe they'll just demo Neo quality games from now on, and stick a second middle finger up to the rest of their 40 million consumer base.

The difference is, the Wii U needs to be killed off, whilst after a poor gen, PS4 is a huge success story; and they reward those 40+ million consumers by making the thing obsolete early. :indeed:

You didn't outright say it but you insinuated plenty hence other people's obviously sarcastic and facetious replies.

Looks like Nintendo took so long with Zelda Wii U that they're being beaten to the punch :laughing:

Will be interesting to see Nintendo's follow up to this tomorrow!

(Stolen from Gaf)

How many times have you wanted to buy a new piece of equipment and been short one random piece of crafting material? It’s annoying, especially if you’re not sure where to track down what you need. In Horizon Zero Dawn, the “create a job” option will generate a quest to give you the items to buy the equipment.

Kotaku

As I said in the E3 thread this is game of E3 for me. Loved what was shown of the gameplay.