NEurope
Hero-of-Time

Horizon: Zero Dawn

The game I'm most interested in (after No Man's Sky).

Woman needs to shut up, though. And I don't mean that in a misogynistic way :p

Loved the look of this!

Some really cool gameplay mechanics and the setting/world look awesome.

Enslaved+Last of Us? Yeah I can throw money at that. Though I've yet to be wow'd by Guerrilla's gameplay personally. Average affairs with a lot of flair.

I'd really like this if it were a sort of MH clone, but holy crap the dialogue was atrocious. I was really digging the gameplay but the constant talking was ruining it

Looks great BUT...the twist of who/why the real enemy is so obvious it beggars disbelief. Can be worked out from the trailer alone. Hope there's "more" to it.

Just watching the Sony conference now, really like the look of this, though fear it might be a bit too Monster Hunter for me.

This looked great - definitely the best announcement in Sony's conference.

This looks...insane. Not like Uncharted insane but like WTF insane. I'm excited, though. Can't wait to see more.

It would be awesome if we can tame/hack one of those robots so we can hitch a ride on them like the Jame Cameron's Avatar film.

This looks really good, the big highlight of Sony's conference. Already looking forward to seeing more in the future.

I liked what I saw and would definitely like to see more of this in future. Setting and "creatures" seem unusual, but interesting. Another one to watch.

Looks impressive, certainly something i would be interested in checking out.

For me, this is definitely one of the most intriguing and promising games to be shown at E3. It looks incredible, and the mysterious setting raises so many questions on the backstory, and how the world ended up the way it is. The gameplay looks pretty solid too. Can't wait to see more!

Oh, and it's nice to see Guerrilla Games making something other than Killzone. :p

I agree with the overall sentiment that this looks really interesting! Liked what I saw in the trailer and want to find out more. Will definitely keep an eye on this. :D

In their SIGGRAPH 2015 presentation based on the real-time Volumetric Cloudscapes in Horizon Zero Dawn, Principal FX Artist Andrew Schneider details their methods for rendering the clouds in Horizon Zero Dawn, also explaining the importance of them in an open world game.

According to Andrew, their aim with Horizon Zero Dawn was to create an open world game where the players can “traverse large distances.” This was obviously a challenge for them considering their track record with the Killzone series.

“In the past, Guerrilla has been known for the KILLZONE series of games, which are first person shooters, ” said Andrew in the presentation. “FPS usually restrict the player to a predefined track, which means that we could hand place elements like clouds using billboards and highly detailed sky domes to create a heavily art directed sky.”

Video HERE

myorkjznjr.gif

Lovely stuff.

If they could just implement Drive Club's weather system...yeah, that'd be drool worthy.

This was definitely my highlight of the show today. Thought it looked wonderful and can't wait to see more of it.

Very clever how you can use the creature's weapons against it. Also liked how you could tie it down. Looked very much like Tomb Raider crossed with Monster Hunter.

Yeah never saw this coming out this year.

And I'll bet there was no one looking at the Horizon footage last year wishing it would look better.

"Breaking news! Horizon delayed... In other news. Water. Wet."