NEurope
Hero-of-Time

The World of Final Fantasy ( PS4 & Vita )

I put a couple of hours into this last night and it's been great so far, as expected. The presentation is top notch. At one point I was just walking around looking at the scenery, taking it all in.

I found the dialogue from Lann to be hilarious. He's such an idiot. :D I thought Paper Mario Color Splash would have been the funniest game I played this month but it looks like we have a contender in this game.

I haven't met any Champions yet but there have already been a few Final Fantasy nods here and there. I fought a Ramuh in a battle ( you can choose to fight him, Shiva or Ifrit ) and when walking around in Cornelia castle I heard this classic FF tune play. :)

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

I can't wait to get a long session on it over the weekend. :yay:

I played the demo on Monday, it went from a fleeting interest that was likely to be overlooked to a serious contender to be a Christmas present.

Just to piss off @Hero-of-Time some more I started yet another game on my Vita. :p I gave back the copy of Dragon Quest Builders and instead borrowed World of Final Fantasy from my mate. 

Put in two hours and I think I have finally found the single-player game I'm going to stick with. It's charming, funny (Lann is such a goofball), lovely to look at and the gameplay seems to be right up my alley.

• Haha 1

I adored this game. The callbacks and nods to the mainline Final Fantasy games were so well done. It was such a fan service game. It's just a shame it didn't sell that well. :( 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hero-of-Time said:

I adored this game. The callbacks and nods to the mainline Final Fantasy games were so well done. It was such a fan service game

4 hours in, I just battled a rare mirage (couldn't defeat it, as I was too weak) and this was the battle music:

Hunter's Chance is one of my absolute favourite FF tracks and this remix is sooooo good. Yes, I love the fan service. :D 

Gameplay is top notch. I like the battle system, mirages and everything that goes with them. 

The Vita version suffers from a lot of loading screens (I assume these aren't in the PS4 version?) and the occasional frame rate hiccup. Even with overclocking enabled. Doesn't impact the experience, though.