NEurope
Hero-of-Time

The World of Final Fantasy ( PS4 & Vita )

Need to hear more about this (i.e. the battle system).

Looks lovely, though. :)

More details and screens from the game.

You can have network battles in the “Arena.” Bring out and stack the Mirages you’re most proud of against friends online.

From the place where the protagonists live, “Nine Woodshill,” players will travel to the mysterious world of Grymoire. In Grymoire, starting from Corneria and Saronia, you’ll travel to a lot of places. There are fields for every season in the land of Grymoire.

Using the Mirage Board, it’s possible to teach new abilities and raise the stats of the Mirages you’ve befriended. Various boxes are lined up representing said upgrades are lined up across the Mirage Board for each Mirage. Each costs Skill Points to unlock. Some blocks cannot be unlocked unless you’ve met specific requirements. You’ll acquire Skill Points by leveling up your Mirages.

Mirages you take along with you and keep in your battle reserve will also receive experience points.

On the Mirage Board, there are also blocks for transforming Mirages into more powerful forms. When you transform, each ability you’ve previously unlocked can be inherited by the new form. However, exclusive abilities do not carry over. It’s also possible to de-transform.

1ibknv.png

258j82.png

capt47rcjlh.jpg

capt468vjcq.jpg

world_capt026xkta.jpg

battle_capt02cnjge.jpg

battle_capt04ywjq1.jpg

list_0202b_zoomy5jyq.png

list_0202a_zoomjejze.png

Looking awesome. :bouncy:

My favourite shot....

world_capt060tkvm.jpg

The Garden is back, baby!

The juxtaposition of the serious sounding voices and the utterly adorbs characters is hilarious :laughing:

The FF10 style ATB battle system looks to be up my alley as well :)

May just have to get this if it turns out to be as good as it looks!

Here are some details about the game.

• The game is currently in the polishing and balance adjustments phase. They’re doing the overall finishes.
  • Rather than have come from a different world, the Final Fantasy characters that appear in World of Final Fantasy have lived in the world of Grymoire from the very beginning. There are also some unexpected combinations of characters that are acquainted with each other.
  • The game is being made to be played relatively carefree. They’re implementing a system so that you can return to the town from within a dungeon at any time, as well as immediately return back to the dungeon.
  • Getting defeated in battle will only send you back home. You won’t lose money or any of the items you have. It’s being balanced so you can battle recklessly, more or less.
  • Leaving out Mirage training and side elements, the story alone is over 100 hours long.
  • The volume of the game is equivalent to a numbered Final Fantasy. There are full sub stories and events with Final Fantasy characters, too.
  • Event scenes can be fast-forwarded or skipped.
  • While you’re encouraged to bulldoze through battles early on, battles will become difficult from the middle of the game onward if you don’t consider attributes.
  • There are over 200 Mirages that appear in the game. Since Mirages will get lonely if you don’t use them, they’re making adjustments to the game so that you can train all of them.
  • Square Enix wants to make figures based on World of Final Fantasy.

Sounding great.

Cracking video that shows off the gameplay.

I soooooo need this. :bouncy::bouncy:

EDIT: The best FF hero gets summoned into battle.

[TWEET]750981583323009024[/TWEET]

Edited by Hero-of-Time

Cracking video that shows off the gameplay.

I soooooo need this. :bouncy::bouncy:

EDIT: The best FF hero gets summoned into battle.

[TWEET]750981583323009024[/TWEET]

Edited by Hero-of-Time

Holy... This looks absolutely brilliant. I just read its turn-based...! So this is coming out a month after 15???

Holy... This looks absolutely brilliant. I just read its turn-based...! So this is coming out a month after 15???

Indeed it is. I'm not sure which i'm more excited for.

Indeed it is. I'm not sure which i'm more excited for.

The theme tune of the game has been revealed.

Love it. :bouncy:

The little anime cutscene that's in it is great. :D

This video seems to give some idea, still not completely sure... monster capturing, summons, mirages? Borrows elements from other FF games, co-op I think...

...it looks fun. ::shrug:

Oh yeah... that video has already been posted, which does kind of highlight how little media there is on it, but still... we shall see. :)

Edited by S.C.G

Yeah I need to try the demo when it comes out. I'm still not entirely sure what the game is!

It's a JRPG with some mixed in Pokemon gameplay. You fight creatures, capture them, add them to your team and then battle using them.

Hollie and Rob from Playstation Access have done a great job hyping up the game.

I've just played through the demo. It's about half an hour long and gives you an idea on how the battle and capture systems work. Just remember that you can speed up battles by holding the R1 button.

The demo is it's own thing and not part of the main game, so no worries about it spoiling things for anyone. You also get a special beastie for the main game if you complete the demo.

Game looks gorgeous and it was great seeing the likes of Yuna and Squall scattered about the area. Make sure to summon Tidus ( under Champions option ) during a battle. :)

The demo is it's own thing and not part of the main game, so no worries about it spoiling things for anyone. You also get a special beastie for the main game if you complete the demo.

Does it say you get the special beastie? I've completed the demo but didn't get any info on that.

Played the Vita version and if it's any indication of what the full game will be I'll most likely buy the PS4 version. There are some odd loading screens/times with the Vita demo.

Cute and kinda fun. Reminds me a bit of Ni No Kuni. The creature that spoke and liked to add "the" in front of random words ruined it for me though.

Does it say you get the special beastie? I've completed the demo but didn't get any info on that.

How did I miss this? Apologies for the late reply.

It was mentioned as part of the press release. Usually at the end of demos that dish stuff out they tell you but for whatever reason this one doesn't.

Reviews are out now and it's looking good. Looks like we have a more than solid JRPG on our hands. Roll on Friday. :bouncy: