NEurope
Hero-of-Time

Final Fantasy VII Remake

1 hour ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Bums me out that I probably won’t be playing this at launch. :( 

Honestly, same.

I'm really excited for the new content and that Photo Mode, but with Rift Apart releasing the day after (seriously don't understand what they were thinking there) and me up to my neck in games these days anyways, it's not like I'm starving for it.

I'll probably save the new content and my Platinum run until further down the road. Got loads of other Final Fantasy games to play for the first time too, so there's that :laughing:

The trailer was fantastic. They seem to be leaning into the spin-off games a little more. Time to bring him back, S-E! 

Say what you might about Square Enix not being the smoothest-sailing ship out there, but they seriously know how to put together great trailers. I still watch the trailers for Remake every now and then, and feel like I watch the XVI trailer on almost a weekly basis! 

It's unfortunate a lot of the spinoff stuff goes over my head as I've not played them and the only other real alternative is to watch videos on them. Sucks there aren't easy ways to access some of them now, so hopefully Ever Crisis gets completed and comes out sooner rather than later, but with how they've talked about it, I imagine it'll probably finish up not too long before Part II is out :(

10 minutes ago, Julius said:

I'm really excited for the new content and that Photo Mode, but with Rift Apart releasing the day after (seriously don't understand what they were thinking there) and me up to my neck in games these days anyways, it's not like I'm starving for it.

It will be a crazy week. This, Ratchet and Clank, E3 and the Euros. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

This, Ratchet and Clank, E3 and the Euros. 

So sad for you that you won't be able to enjoy at least three of those.
No PS5 and England will be eliminated early. :p

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, drahkon said:

So sad for you that you won't be able to enjoy at least three of those.
No PS5 and England will be eliminated early. :p

Even if we stay in the competition I still won’t enjoy it. We are awful to watch. :D 

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Even if we stay in the competition I still won’t enjoy it. We are awful to watch. :D 

Fair enough :D

I know this is unlikely, but it would be interesting if the story developed that they actually needed Sephiroth, and maybe even Jenova's help to defeat an even greater threat by the end of FF7R...

Edited by Sckewi

Jumping though several hoops to get the PS5 free upgrade. My save file is uploaded to somewhere, to be downloaded into the PS5 version. Went searching through the online store to find the game download, not sure if the console should've just done that automatically when I put the disk in.

Whilst I was looking for the download, I noticed there was a free item pack on the store. Not sure if it's new, or just recently been made free.

Upgrading my disc version was nice and simple, I was just glad I still had the game installed on my PS4 otherwise I would have had to download the PS4 version, upload the save, upgrade to the PS5 version then download the save again.

Played through a bit on PS5, it's a nice upgrade. Loading times are literally non existent now. Visually it just looks sharper and feels smoother, and those random low res posters are now fixed. 

Bought the Yuffie dlc so I’m just waiting for that to finish downloading then I’m gonna start the game. Really looking forward to playing it through again on PS5.

Definitely not like spider-man where I could stomach the slower FPS for the gorgeous 4k textures. FFVIIR feels so much smoother now in performance mode.

Left, right, up, down, left, right, up down..... left, right, up, left. damnit why did I press left instead of down. 

Up, down, left right, up, down, left, right..... up, down, left, down... damnit why did I press down instead of right.

Repeat countless times.

Finally beat the pull-up pro challenge yesterday, never want to do that minigame ever again. :blank:

• Like 2

On 11/03/2020 at 10:21 AM, Happenstance said:

https://ffvii-remakeconcerts.com/concert/ffvii-london/

Looks like we're getting a FFVII Remake concert in London in October. I'm definitely going to that one!

After multiple reschedules this is finally happening tomorrow. Really looking forward to it.

Might have to go carry on with my FFVIIR replay in a bit. That (and a lot of gaming actually) fell a bit to the side).

Hmmm if anyone would prefer to play on Steam, it might be worth holding out after all.

I've found a couple of Reddit threads which hint at a Steam release. One says that a "Steam Dev App" has been found for FF7R, and another says a config file references Steam in the game's PC files.

Both could just be Square Enix covering themselves, and this isn't exactly actual confirmation of a Steam version.

Seeing as how bad and expensive the Epic PC port is, it should be a no-brainer to wait. At least to see if Square Enix fixes the game. I wouldn't be surprised if Epic snagged a timed exclusive deal with a Steam release later on. I just hope the version releasing on Steam will be the definitive version. But that might be a longshot.

• Like 1

So Nomura is teasing news next month for VII's 25th anniversary...

I think we all know what this means: along with all of the additions from Intergrade and the base game, you also get a Sephiroth wig, as part of Final Fantasy VII Remake: Intermission, the first PS6 exclusive :p

Edited by Julius
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Julius said:

So Nomura is teasing news next month for VII's 25th anniversary...

I think we all know what this means: along with all of the additions from Intergrade and the base game, you also get a Sephiroth wig, as part of Final Fantasy VII Remake: Intermission, the first PS6 exclusive :p

...I'd probably go for that

• Haha 2

Interesting time to drop this news: over 7 million copies sold worldwide! 

Interesting stuff. Curious what the internal thoughts are on this at S-E, if it's on track, and what the expectations are for the project as a whole? 

Edited by Julius

Popped this back in for the first time since launch in order to get around to checking out INTERmission ahead of Rebirth's launch...at the end of next week?! 

Don't know how much I'll talk about the DLC in this thread, but I'm here to mainly heap praise on Fort Condor. I love it. Spent over 2 of the 3 hours I played tonight just having a blast with it :D I know we'll see them in Rebirth to some extent too, but high-res models of the PS1 versions of enemies was a stroke of genius. Incredibly charming and fun to see. 

Have a feeling Gold Saucer is going to cause me a lot of problems in Rebirth, seeing how much I loved the mini-games in Remake and now Fort Condor in INTERmission :p

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, Julius said:

Don't know how much I'll talk about the DLC in this thread, but I'm here to mainly heap praise on Fort Condor. I love it. Spent over 2 of the 3 hours I played tonight just having a blast with it :D

I was legit surprised by this mini-game. Because I really don't like the PS1 version (Luckily, you can throw it and still get the huge materia with a standard boss battle), and I was dreading it when I saw it was a thing here, but Remake's interpretation of it is solid!

In fact, that applies to most mini games. The minigames in the PS1 games and X are pretty janky, and not very fun, but Remake has nailed them, even if the more difficult pull-up sessions were difficult to deal with because I use Nintendo Switch button layouts.

• Like 1

On 19/02/2024 at 1:26 AM, Julius said:

Popped this back in for the first time since launch in order to get around to checking out INTERmission ahead of Rebirth's launch...at the end of next week?! 

I've not played it yet but have downloaded it ready for the weekend. This should lead me nicely into Rebirth.

It's very rare that I watch people playing games on YouTube but I have been watching PlayStation Access' Dave tackle the original Final Fantasy VII. It's been great viewing, if a little frustrating watching him fumble away through the game.

Final Fantasy VIII may be my favourite in the series but Final Fantasy VII certainly holds a special place in my heart. Such a magical game.

• Like 1

On 19/02/2024 at 1:26 AM, Julius said:

Don't know how much I'll talk about the DLC in this thread, but I'm here to mainly heap praise on Fort Condor. I love it. Spent over 2 of the 3 hours I played tonight just having a blast with it :D 

Fired the DLC up this evening and played a bit of Fort Condor. I thought the sidequest would be longer and was surprised when I reached the Grandmaster. Fun game though, if a little easy. Saying that, I imagine it will be a lot more difficult once hard mode is unlocked. I see there is a trophy for doing that.

Just finished INTERmission this evening. Pretty cool how it has ties to Dirge of Cerberus. Yuffie still annoys the hell out of me. Hated her in the original game and still hate her now. 

Spoiler

Great to see Zack in the ending, although I'm a little confused by it. When he enters the church is he now in the main timeline or is he still in his? 

I'm all caught up and ready for Thursday.

• Like 3

Heads up.  S-E just put out a patch that changes the game's final line of dialogue...

Spoiler

SPOILER_GHSL2NHbEAAPM5F.png?ex=65ef6f00&

SPOILER_GHSJCcTbEAANIX1.png?ex=65ef6f08&

Putting aside the whole George Lucasing of a previously released game for a moment (which I vehemently oppose from a philisophical perspective), perhaps it's indicating that S-E might have the balls to kill her off again after all?