NEurope
Hero-of-Time

Final Fantasy VII Remake

It's good fun but I wish we'd experienced something more than combat. I feel like I've played enough corridor combat FFs over the years (and never gotten more than an hour into them) so I gotta know that downtime stuff is up-to-scratch too.

I mean, it's not like I won't pre-order it. I will. And that music and the sheer disbelief that after all these years, I was really playing an FFVII remake... I mean... damn.

• Thanks 1

Yeah, I played the demo last night. I've gone from very little interest to wildly excited.

Bit peeved that the free FFVII dash theme is only available to people who got the demo. What about those of us who didn’t want to play the demo so we could stay pure for the full game???

Granted I can just download the demo and then not play it but it’s not really the point. I might just move over to Nintendo full time next gen. They’d never do me wrong!

Bit peeved that the free FFVII dash theme is only available to people who got the demo. What about those of us who didn’t want to play the demo so we could stay pure for the full game??? Granted I can just download the demo and then not play it but it’s not really the point. I might just move over to Nintendo full time next gen. They’d never do me wrong! 

Tongue in cheek I know, but you can just "buy" the demo but not even download it. I guess they just want some juicy statistic like having the most downloaded ever demo/software. 

I wasn't go to play the demo but I couldn't help myself and ended up playing through it last night. 

I can't believe that it looks as though they actually pulled it off. The game looks absolutely stunning, the music is sublime and the combat system is fantastic. I love how quick it is to switch between characters and also switch stances and pull off special moves. It did take a little bit of getting used to, especially during the boss fight when switching was needed a lot more, but once I got into the swing of things I was having so much fun with it. The battle system seems like a cross between Kingdom Hearts, Crisis Core and Final Fantasy XIII. The staggering system is certainly taken from FFXIII and it's very much appreciated being put in here because I loved that mechanic. It made for some interesting battles in that game and I imagine it will be the same here. After finishing the demo I spent a good 5+ minutes just sitting and listening to the main menu music. Beautiful. :cry:

Just over a month to go. :bouncy:

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

. After finishing the demo I spent a good 5+ minutes just sitting and listening to the main menu music. Beautiful. :cry:

I used to do the same thing with the main menu music in FFXIV.

• Like 1

Aw, classic mode doesn't do what I thought it would do (I see why though). As an old school RPG fan, it's kinda sad to see Final Fantasy is moving away from being an RPG.

13 minutes ago, Ike said:

Aw, classic mode doesn't do what I thought it would do (I see why though). As an old school RPG fan, it's kinda sad to see Final Fantasy is moving away from being an RPG.

Eh? It's still an RPG it's just that the battle system is no longer a traditional turn based one. I mean, the Tales of series are JRPGs even though they are more action orientated.

3 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Eh? It's still an RPG it's just that the battle system is no longer a traditional turn based one. I mean, the Tales of series are JRPGs even though they are more action orientated.

Oh, yeah, I meant turn based, I guess. Thinking about, classic does do what it means. The lack of transitions between the map and battles threw me off I guess, I dunno, it felt a little more of an action game.

• Like 1

For those intending to buy physical copies.

Ah man. I guess I can wait if necessary, don't want to pay the usually high price for digital.

56 minutes ago, Map said:

Thanks for the heads-up. :)

Also, well played Square-Enix... I've pre-ordered and that really is the last game I'll pre-order for the PS4 for a long time.

1 hour ago, Map said:

Thanks! 

Got my physical edition pre-ordered from Simply Games. For now, they're still sending out games and I imagine already have stock, but of course that could change/they might have limited stock. Worst case scenario, I don't mind buying digitally and playing that way, though I'd still love a physical version at some point anyways. 

Would be cool if S-E could handle this by contacting retailers to provide customers with proof of purchase (i.e. after payment has been made) and providing digital download codes to tide those of us over hellbent on getting a physical copy if we have proof of that, but could see that system being figured out very quickly. 

Only 11 days to go, and S-E have announced that they have made the decision to ship physical copies of the game early in Europe and Australia due to COVID-19. 

Not sure how that effects those not directly ordering from S-E and are instead buying from third party vendors, but nonetheless, cool move by S-E. 

Edited by Julius

I think I saw the street date was broken somewhere so might want to be aware of spoilers.

28 minutes ago, Julius said:

Only 11 days to go, and S-E have announced that they have made the decision to ship physical copies of the game early in Europe and Australia due to COVID-19. 

Not sure how that effects those not directly ordering from S-E and are instead buying from third party vendors, but nonetheless, cool move by S-E. 

I'd have thought that refers to copies being sent to retailers, since the vast majority of people will not be buying directly from S-E.

2 minutes ago, Sheikah said:

I'd have thought that refers to copies being sent to retailers, since the vast majority of people will not be buying directly from S-E.

Yeah, that's how I read it too.

What I meant to say is that it's still at the retailer's discretion as to whether they potentially dispatch the game early? I can see some potentially breaking street date and sending them when they arrive, considering the potential for delays at the moment.

1 minute ago, Julius said:

Yeah, that's how I read it too.

What I meant to say is that it's still at the retailer's discretion as to whether they potentially dispatch the game early? I can see some potentially breaking street date and sending them when they arrive, considering the potential for delays at the moment.

I think it's more S-E covering their backs in case a particular retailer sends copies out by some slow delivery method, or has so many orders that they're slow to getting them all out in time. From the sounds of S-E's communication, they're giving their blessing for retailers to "break" the street date in Europe.

Game has been released early over in Australia by EBGames. 

Kind of regret cancelling my pre-order of the Deluxe Edition, but I figure I'll wait on anything like that until we have a completion collection of the PS7. Give me a little bit more time to save :p

Just a week and a half to go!

Edited by Julius

This is great. Seems like they might be dispatching ASAP. 

And this email I got is absolutely not:

We are contacting you to inform you payment for your recent order (Ref: ------) has unfortunately been declined. We attempted to capture the payment for your order today but were unable to do so.

We were unfortunately not given any specific reason as to why the payment failed and your order has now been cancelled, we would advise placing a new order.

If the price of the goods that you ordered has changed then please contact us once your new order has been placed with your new order ID, we will happily adjust your new order to ensure that you pay the price of your original order.

I have sufficient funds in my account, the same account that I used to pre-order Animal Crossing: New Horizons with and that went through without any problems just two weeks ago.

Their office is closed and I'm writing them an email now, but yeah, they're now out of stock, so colour me totally unimpressed unless they can resolve this. 

:cry:

Edited by Julius