NEurope
Hero-of-Time

Final Fantasy VII Remake

One of my biggest gaming since is never finishing FFVII. :shakehead I have it on my Vita but after playing for a couple of hours something got in the way...

Now the game is out on PS4 and has trophies.

But I have so much to play already.

But...

Ah, fuck it. *opens new tab with the PSN store*

I own it on PS1, Vita, PC and now PS4 and i've still never completed it. I plan to this time though!

By the end of tonight I hope to just have 3 trophys left to get. 99,999,999 Gil, take Barret on a date and get aeris final limit break. Love this game sooooo much!

Looked up that there are a couple of missable trophies...not sure if I want to follow a guide for them because I don't want to read spoilers...

How quickly can you get the missable trophies with the speed x3 boost?

Make sure you get all the materia trophys on your main play through. The two I have missed so far will take maybe 4/5 hours to get again.

Looked up some guides for the missable trophies and will likely follow those.

I mean, I already know the biggest spoiler of the game, so... :blank:

Do those "cheat buttons" disable trophies? I played a bit via Remote Play on my vita and L3/R3 are mapped to the touch screen. As I was watching Euro League my fingers slipped on it and activated the boosts once or twice...

The cheat buttons don't effect trophies, its easy to click one when changing camera angles!

So I got the platinum on this today, had to put another 7 hours to get the Barret date and the aeris limit break. But yay, second platinum!

The cheat buttons don't effect trophies, its easy to click one when changing camera angles!

So I got the platinum on this today, had to put another 7 hours to get the Barret date and the aeris limit break. But yay, second platinum!

Don't the cheats effect the Diamond/Emerald/Ruby trophies thougu if you click on them during their fights?

In other news, I can listen to the Aeris song on the ps4 theme all day :D

Buhhh, it looks like the price of this has jumped up to around £12 on PSN. I knew I should have got it last week.

Don't the cheats effect the Diamond/Emerald/Ruby trophies thougu if you click on them during their fights?

In other news, I can listen to the Aeris song on the ps4 theme all day :D

I cant answer that as I didn't use them except for a couple of mis clicks on the world map. That ruby fight took me like 12 attempts :/ Emerald went down like a little bitch, I forgot the underwater materia as well and finished with 30 seconds on the clock lol

Buhhh, it looks like the price of this has jumped up to around £12 on PSN. I knew I should have got it last week.

The price of the original game re-release went up? I thought £8.99 was the standard price for it... oh well, will wait until it's free on Plus then. : peace:

The price of the original game re-release went up? I thought £8.99 was the standard price for it... oh well, will wait until it's free on Plus then. : peace:

3 quid more doesn't exactly break the bank.

Why do you think it will be on Plus?

Edited by Blade

3 quid doesn't exactly break the bank.

Why do you think it will be on Plus?

When the first part of Final Fantasy remake comes out I'm sure that the original will be either free on Plus or have a price reduction on it, I can wait until then, besides I already have it digitally on the PS3 so it's no big deal. : peace:

After completing and platinuming the PS4 port I can't wait to see what they do with this remake!

I knew it. Fucking knew it. I FUCKING KNEW IT.

Randomly out of boredom clicking in the sticks turned on cheats. I have clicked in sticks from boredom since the fucking PlayStation had analog sticks and now I'm not allowed. I can't not do that. Imma play rouge galaxy now instead.

I knew it. Fucking knew it. I FUCKING KNEW IT.

Randomly out of boredom clicking in the sticks turned on cheats. I have clicked in sticks from boredom since the fucking PlayStation had analog sticks and now I'm not allowed. I can't not do that. Imma play rouge galaxy now instead.

Just don't click on in the sticks if you don't want to use the cheats...if you like clicking them in when bored you can always click them again to remove the cheat. I don't get the issue.

I do it randomly at all times throughout play and during battles. And trying not to use cheats (because why use them, and trophies) it's a small hassle

Taken from an interview with Game Informer.

-In regards to FFVII remake. Looking at the FFXIII saga as a model of release (three full-fledged games). Each game will be the size of a FFXIII game is specifically stated. In other words full scale 30+ hour RPG, and they also say plot wise nothing is off the table in terms of changes. They clarify they aren't changing everything but Kitase, Nomura, and Nojima feel since they were involved with the original game that they have the liberty to add / change what they want while still making fans happy. They also state they want FFVII Remake to gave a much shorter development cycle than FFXV.

The bit about the length of each game sounds great.

Changing bits of the story was always going to happen. I wonder if Genesis and Angeal will get a mention or make an appearance in this...

people on GAF were freaking out over this, its like they think major plot changes, people were even suggesting keeping Aerith alive, which i'll freely admit i tried to bait them over.

That said even as a kid i did wonder why nobody used a Phoenix down, you spend the game reviving during battles and then you can't revive Aerith

people on GAF were freaking out over this, its like they think major plot changes, people were even suggesting keeping Aerith alive, which i'll freely admit i tried to bait them over.

That said even as a kid i did wonder why nobody used a Phoenix down, you spend the game reviving during battles and then you can't revive Aerith

The whole bring Aeris back to life thing is barmy. She had to die.

As for the Phoenix Down thing, I guess it's like Pokemon where your characters faint or are knocked out in battle. If it happens in a cutscene then you are clearly dead. :D

Fun fact, in Final Fantasy V, the party tries to use a Phoenix Down on a truly dead person. Doesn't work.

It's highly likely that, in the context of battles, "revive" is more like "resuscitate".

From just under two weeks ago:

[TWEET]857582795748757504[/TWEET]

Burton has previously voiced Cloud in projects such as Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children, Dissidia: Final Fantasy, World of Final Fantasy, and Kingdom Hearts, and I think it goes without saying that his tweet is more than likely in reference to Remake.

I know Nomura is known for delaying games, but I really do feel that this year's E3 will reveal the release date for Part/Episode I to be November/December of this year (I mean, it's the 30th Anniversary of the franchise and the 20th Anniversary of VII!). They've been quiet since PSX 2015, which featured a localised trailer, so I'd imagine this game is much further along than we think at this point. Whether or not that says much about how far along following Parts/Episodes are, I'm not too sure.

As someone who's yet to play a Final Fantasy game, I'm looking forward to more information on this game with great intrigue, and plan on rectifying the aforementioned fact by playing through a few on PS3 (I know it's on PS4, but alas: circumstance makes one console more accessible than the other for myself) - hopefully, at the very least, VI and VII - before the release of this game (if it is indeed to release this year).

Edited by Julius Caesar

I know Namora is known for delaying games, but I really do feel that this year's E3 will reveal the release date for Part/Episode I to be November/December of this year (I mean, it's the 30th Anniversary of the franchise and the 20th Anniversary of VII!). They've been quiet since PSX 2015, which featured a localised trailer, so I'd imagine this game is much further along than we think at this point. Whether or not that says much about how far along following Parts/Episodes are, I'm not too sure.

It makes perfect sense to release the first part of the game this year but whether that happens is anyones guess.

They really need to keep Nomura on a shorter leash. The guy just can't get a project done on time. Just look at Final Fantasy Versus. You also have Kingdom Hearts 3 needing sorting, as well as this remake.

It would be absolutely fantastic if the first part got released this year. I can't wait! :D

Square Enix recently held a Final Fantasy 30th Anniversary concept art exhibition in Tokyo, where some previously unseen VII Remake concept art was shown off. Though SE currently have no plans to share the concept art elsewhere, some interesting details have emerged from those in attendance.

According to some of the fans in attendance, there’s been a change in Cloud’s design. According to development leader Naoki Hamaguchi, this new design was said to have finally got the go-ahead from director Tetsuya Nomura. While it’s been a struggle for the team, the hard work appears to have paid off as Tetsuya Nomura went as far as acknowledging it as “the closest one to the original [Cloud design] up until now.]

A fan also described Cloud’s new design as a more natural look. Nomura and Hamaguchi mentioned that “while Cloud may look this way, he was a dork. I believe those of you who played the the original would understand what I mean by saying he’s a dorky character.” That said, we’ll see more of the youthful side of Cloud rather than the always-serious one we’ve seen more outside of the original game.

The four screenshots also showed other members of AVALANCHE, and one fan described Biggs as “super handsome,” Wege as “refreshingly chubby,” and Jessie as “cute!”

Personally, I think that this is great news, as I honestly wasn’t digging Cloud’s redesign and art style in the trailers we’ve had for the game so far.

FF7-Details-Int_12-07-15.jpg

I feel like this ultra realistic art style doesn’t seem suited to the game, and I think that a design more along the lines of the original concept art and FMV for the original game - with larger eyes and a more anime/manga-styled design, in particular - would be more suited to Remake.

425rB2g.jpg

But that’s just my two pence, anyways :p