NEurope
Hero-of-Time

Final Fantasy VII Remake

L3 speeds the game up x3 (which I dont think is necessarily bad, I just dont need it) and R3 gives you a load of buffs in battle.

Cheats? Perks?

Click left stick for x3 speed

Click right stick to refill health and have limit break bar filled up

Click both for no random battles

Ok apart from the refill all health and limit break it doesnt appear to be too bad. The 3x speed is useful when grinding I suppose.

I didn't even realise about the other things, the 3 x speed just gets me where I need to go a little quicker. I remember 99% of the things I have done again so far! I'll get some more time in on this later!

I might have to rewatch Advent Children when im done with the 7 port. Not the best movie but it had some great fights and the soundtrack was amazing.

I might have to rewatch Advent Children when im done with the 7 port. Not the best movie but it had some great fights and the soundtrack was amazing.

It has recently been added to Netflix too :D

I LOVE that movie. Total anime style fighting, awesome soundtrack ( Dat Jenova theme!) and pure fan service at its best.

In other news, I just nabbed the Bromance trophy. This is the first time I've been on a date with Barret in all my play throughs of the game. :D I'm happy it didn't glitch on me. I'm wondering if it glitches for those who used the cheats or used the infinite loop glitch to get your rating up with Barret?

I love the movie too. It is essentially pure fan service, with some parts literally making no sense simply to allow awesome things to happen. Such fun.

So i saw an IGN post earlier about this

Its going to be released over multiple games....................................................

(might mean episodic like a giant tell tale game? or a game per disk of the original)

Horrific source

Do Square just sit in their office and go "hmm everyone is hyped for our game, what can we do to stop that?"

Edited by Agent Gibbs

Ah man, wish they wouldn't do that. Episodic gaming is not a good thing, except for Telltale games where it seems to work.

In this case, it is probably more of a necessity than anything else...

Seems like a pretty sensible compromise, if they intend on getting anything out within this decade. It helps that the original game was already "episodic" in a sense, by virtue of being split up into 3 discs.

Edit: More words from the FF7R Staff...

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1152062

-Character model is supervised by Visual Work's director.

-They don't want to go with 100% realism for the characters since it might make it hard to recognize certain characters. So they are going as real as possible, while keeping the character's personality.

-Advent Children model data is over 10 years old so they can't really use it.

-Everything from the trailer (excluding the stuff that was shown from E3 reveal) was real-time. The end scene where Cloud gets off the train, it transitions directly to the gameplay.

-Cloud looking sick is partly due to the lighting. Nojima likes that Cloud looks very sick.

-Cross-dressing is obviously in the game, but Nomura didn't design it yet.

-All the party member's design is renewed like Barret.

-At first they thought of going with AC design of Barret, but decided not to.

-ATB and Limit gauge is there but they are different from the original. ATB turning red is something important.

-Battle tempo will be similar to Dissidia. Battle is done by people who has experience in both Dissidia and Kingdom Hearts..

- About the details of splitting the game into episodes, please tell us more.

Kitase: From the beginning, we have considered it impossible to remake FF7 into one single game. Althought it's impossible to tell you the details about the splitting at the moment, please wait for our further announcement.

Nomura: If we tried to stuff the whole game into one release, some part of the game would have to appear as digests. We'd have to remove some contents from the game, and it would be difficult to add more to the game. Considering that a full remake of the original game must be achived, we have decided to split the game into episodes.

Kitase: Taking the No.8 street shown in the video this time, even just this is already highly dense. If we are to remake the content of the original version at that quality, it would have been impossible to do with a single release.

Splitting the original version into episode with nothing dropped, as well as adding complements, and remaking the game the game in its full volume is what we are thinking.

- How will the battle system look like?

Kitase: Unlike the encounter battles in the original version, we were aiming for a seamless active battle like shown in the video.

Nomura: Regarding the speed of the combat, as well as the sensation of tempo, we have considered something alongside Dissidia FF that you can play without stress. The degree of action would feel like Dissidia FF > KH > FF7 Remake.

We are trying to make a new action combat system that definitely demand no action technique, and let you consider your strategy during the combat.

- What would the elements in the battle system from the original version become?

Nomura: Since the game is based on FF7, elements like ATB gauge and limitbreak will appear but with new useage. Please wait for our further announcements on how they would evolve.

- Are you going to adjust the story in order to maintain connection to other compilations of the game, as well as adapting to the modern age?

Nomura: We are planning some mechanism to dig deeper into each episodes. Players who have played the original version surely would know everything from the beginning to the end of the game, including some very important moments. And we are planning to give even such users surprises.

Kitase: We are not going to remake a game so you only play for nostalgia. We want to make the hearts of the original fans pump. We are adjusting the storyline with this idea in mind.

Hmm... I like the sound of the bolded :) But still, we'll see how tactical it ends up being...

Edited by Dcubed

I think it will be a real anticlimax personally, having to wait between sections of the game. Although the game was originally on discs, you got to play the next bit immediately. To be honest, I don't buy their reasoning of "we want to make a massive game and we can't do that if it's just one big game". It's going to be a big game if episodic still, and you're still going to have to wait the same amount of time for the completed game.

Fair enough if they think it's going to take them a while to make, but they could have just come out with that.

Aaaaand my hype has gone.

First No Man's Sky's release date and now this episodic crap...:blank:

Think I'll just buy the PS4 version that is out now and wait for the remake to be finished as a whole...

Great mind eh Dcubed?

anyway given the further info it doesn't seem as bad, but still i think it means some bits will be cut, Overworld vehicles i can see going - chocobo included! Which i could see meaning the chocobo racing could go or be reduced.

If the overworld goes Weapons might be relocated and reducing some of their impact (finding the emerald one in the sub was very cool)

Looks like I was right!

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1152368

It's using UE4!

Great mind eh Dcubed?

anyway given the further info it doesn't seem as bad, but still i think it means some bits will be cut, Overworld vehicles i can see going - chocobo included! Which i could see meaning the chocobo racing could go or be reduced.

If the overworld goes Weapons might be relocated and reducing some of their impact (finding the emerald one in the sub was very cool)

I agree. No way will everything make the cut (they actually already said as much, but they'll be adding stuff as well). There's just no way that they could build that much game with today's level of fidelity...

I actually think the only way I could deal with this is episodically. I find it hard to do big games anymore.

What I don't understand why it is "impossible" to remake the game all at once.

They have made the game before, they can do it again.

What a load of bollocks. I'm not liking the fact it may be done in episodes. Surely it will kill off the atmosphere, story telling etc.

Great mind eh Dcubed?

Whats the basis for cutting things out? I just don't get it!

I bought the port last night. I've not played it since back in the day. The story, atmosphere still holds up to modern standards. The graphics are terrible though. Cloud's face makes me laugh.

Can't wait to get back stuck into it.

Actually think this episodic release is a genious idea! It will allow for a release date sooner rather than later, it will add more detail within particular scenes maybe even something extra and it will keep players engaged over a longer period of time.

Remakes are cool, but what I have found with recent ones (OOT3D, MM3D, WWHD for example), is that after being wowed by the revamped graphics the hype comes crashing down to the familiarity of doing the same thing you did to death a decade ago.

I welcome very revamped remakes.

I'm a little more OK with this now that it sounds like each episode will not actually be an episode, but a game in size. I think 'episode' was conjuring ideas of very short games a la Walking Dead episodes.

If they decide to go with a multi-game franchise I am good with that. And if the first part has complaints from fans (e.g. gameplay) they can sort that out, probably.

Looking back at the video, it's not clear whether Cloud can free run in the battles or not. If not, if might be that it is rather turn based with a display that looks a bit less strategy. Time will tell.

Going by the rumblings on GAF, apparantly it's actually not being primarily made by Square Enix internally, but rather it's being made by Cyberconnect2 (Naruto games, .hack, Asura's Wrath) as the primary developer!

Perhaps there's a chance that it might actually see release after all! :D

Take back what I said about looking finally looking forward to an internally made Square Enix game in that case :laughing:

Going by the rumblings on GAF, apparantly it's actually not being primarily made by Square Enix internally, but rather it's being made by Cyberconnect2 (Naruto games, .hack, Asura's Wrath) as the primary developer!

Perhaps there's a chance that it might actually see release after all! :D

Take back what I said about looking finally looking forward to an internally made Square Enix game in that case :laughing:

Yeah, this has been rumoured for ages now. When the rumour first surfaced many thought the game may use a cell shading style, seeing as the Naruto games use this style and all look amazing.

Yeah, this has been rumoured for ages now. When the rumour first surfaced many thought the game may use a cell shading style, seeing as the Naruto games use this style and all look amazing.

Well it's news to me anyway :p

It has been confirmed by Nomura now in any case, and seemingly they are the primary developer on the project (with other supporting companies helping out)

One of my biggest gaming since sins (...) is never finishing FFVII. :shakehead I have it on my Vita but after playing for a couple of hours something got in the way...

Now the game is out on PS4 and has trophies.

But I have so much to play already.

But...

Ah, fuck it. *opens new tab with the PSN store*

Edited by drahkon