NEurope
Hero-of-Time

Final Fantasy VII Remake

I think they confirmed more info/new showing in December. If that's the case then I imagine it will show up at this years Playstation Experience.

Oh yeah I forgot about that. Still though, all they really said was that they would talk about it more later this year. I still dont expect a lot from that.

This man makes great points!!!

I can't imagine every scene in FF7 can be transferred to the remake in HD...

This game is nowhere near as far along as the trailer would suggest...

Look closely... You notice how the trailer is made up of about 95% FMV cutscenes and a tiny amount of actual gameplay? (also notice how the gameplay portions currently run very poorly...)

Also notice how they only show sections from the first 2 hours or so of the game?

Visual Works will end up making the cutscenes well before any of the actual game itself is even remotely finished. Their work schedule has nothing to do with the actual game development team's. There's a reason why very little actual gameplay is being shown here...

It looks like they're straight up reusing the FF13 Versus gameplay engine (the graphics engine is probably UE4, given that Nomura is directing this and KH3; the latter of which is currently running on it)

The music is OUTSTANDING though! The orchestral mix is amazing :D

Edited by Dcubed

Couldnt help myself, I once again bought the FFVII port. I'm much more likely to play and complete it though on PS4 than on the PC. Might have to play a load tomorrow I think.

I have to say that, even though the gameplay is obviously nothing like the original at all, I really like how it mostly sticks true to the original in terms of characterisation and story/cinematography (the dialogue seems pretty faithful as well :) ) and the voice casting seems on point too!

Overall it's an amazing trailer that does feel magical :D (though I'll refrain from commenting on the battle system, because we really do know nothing about it at this point and for all we know, it may well be more tactical in nature than the likes of FF15 or Kingdom Hearts). That being said, I'm still not convinced that it's coming out during this decade, but I suppose that gives me a lot of time to watch the trailer over and over again :p

Edited by Dcubed

Whilst I'm sure this game will be great, I really am sad that turn based battle systems seem to be getting phased out for the fact they aren't "Realistic". I will always support a turn based RPG because they are my childhood and I don't want to let go of that.

I'll look forward to seeing more gameplay down the line.

Whilst I'm sure this game will be great, I really am sad that turn based battle systems seem to be getting phased out for the fact they aren't "Realistic". I will always support a turn based RPG because they are my childhood and I don't want to let go of that.

I'll look forward to seeing more gameplay down the line.

Yeah, I really was hoping that they wouldn't make it an action RPG. I've never seen a remake with such a drastic shift in gameplay before!

I'm also really surprised that they seem to have lifted the combat straight from FF13 Versus, it's almost like Nomura reskinned his version of FF15 into this when he was taken off the project!

But I'm not gonna comment one way or the other about whether I think it'll be good or not. I will say that if the combat is as braindead as the Kingdom Hearts games, FF13 or FF15 though, I'm not interested. I'm really hoping that despite the similar look it has to FF15, that it is much more tactical in nature...

They've impressed me enormously with everything outside of the battle system so far... I was totally expecting them to ruin everything about FF7 and copy the style of that terrible Advent Children movie, but I am very pleasantly surprised to see that's seemingly not the case! It has been a long, long time since I have been genuinely interested in an internally developed Square Enix game (the last one was FF10 and no, that doesn't count games like FF3 DS or The World Ends With You, which were all made by outside developers) but they have my attention here. The jury is still out on the gameplay though...

Edited by Dcubed

Oh yes!

Ive just come back from a night out in Sheff and watched that trailer.

I fucking need that game in my life right now. I''m booking a fortnight off when it is released.

This is the most anticipated game for me ever.

This game looks the shit, and I need it in my life. This and Ni No Kuni 2 - un-fucking-real. To the people wanting turn based - check out the original FF7. I welcome not playing the exact same game again.

Also FFXV gameplay looks amazing, so to see this take on a similar form is too good to be true. Ironically, the vast majority of the original FF7 encounters could be X-mashed to simply attack to win against enemies (in response to the 'braindead' comment above). To actually interact properly with the environment and enemies and do so in a cool looking way is pretty much what I'd expect from a modern remake.

Edited by Sheikah

I have watched that trailer far too many times already

You buying the HD port? I've been playing it all morning ( as has Esquiel and Happenstance ) and I'm falling in love with the game all over again. Just left Midgar and reached Kalm.

I've never played the game before. Tempted to download it and play it through next week.

I think its going to be interesting to see how the remake deals with the more "out there" aspects of FFVII. The trailer we saw had a pretty serious mood but then of course I just got done infiltrating a mansion by cross dressing and had a battle with some lizard men with tridents in the port lol

You buying the HD port? I've been playing it all morning ( as has Esquiel and Happenstance ) and I'm falling in love with the game all over again. Just left Midgar and reached Kalm.

Certainly will be. Ive not played it since I was a little kid on my brother's playstation. I didn't finish it either as we fell out and he deleted my save file (resulting in me putting my foot through his playstation). I was only 10 though.

How much is it? Im pretty much skint this month until pay day. Damn Xmas!

I've never played the game before. Tempted to download it and play it through next week.

Its in my top three videogames!!

The graphics do look terrible now though and it is turn based which compared to modern day RPGs feels very clunky.

At the time though this game was absolutely amazing!

Edited by Blade
Automerged Doublepost

I think its going to be interesting to see how the remake deals with the more "out there" aspects of FFVII. The trailer we saw had a pretty serious mood but then of course I just got done infiltrating a mansion by cross dressing and had a battle with some lizard men with tridents in the port lol

Indeed. I've just stole Tifa's panties from her house. I wonder how they handle that. :D

@Blade it's £8.99 and you get a free FFVII theme for your PS4 with the purchase.

After watching that I felt like I should smoke a cigarette then take a cold shower! That's just bloody naughty!

And then Ni no Kuni 2 Christ Sony just don't stop giving lately

Yeah, I love FFVII. Its crazy how well this has held up, I intend to get the platinum and will most likely put in 100 hours...... Again!

Also I love the 3 x speed setting!

I noticed on Neogaf this morning that some people werent able to get some trophies so hopefully there will be a patch at some point.

I noticed on Neogaf this morning that some people werent able to get some trophies so hopefully there will be a patch at some point.

It seems to be the dating Barret trophy that's giving people issues.

I ain't touching the cheats or perks. I'm hoping it locks people out of trophies if they are used. Defeating the Weapons trophies would be a joke if you can use the cheats. I'm baffled why they even put them in the game in the first place.

Yeah im not looking to use any of the cheats or perks either, especially since I feel like I just understand how to play RPGs so much better now than when I first played the game. I remember the elevator bosses at Shinra HQ causing me a lot of trouble the first time around while this time it was absolutely fine.

Im taking a break at the moment anyway to watch the football but last bit I did was the Kalm flashbacks. Should be interesting from here on out as I remember so much from the beginning Midgar part of the game but actually not a lot afterwards so it'll be nice to go through again.