NEurope
Hero-of-Time

South Park: The Fractured But Whole

So apparently you get a free copy of The Stick of Truth if you pre-order But Hole. Are they releasing it separately? Do you get it straight away?

Only played a bit of the first one and would like to play the whole thing before the new one.

So apparently you get a free copy of The Stick of Truth if you pre-order But Hole. Are they releasing it separately? Do you get it straight away?

Only played a bit of the first one and would like to play the whole thing before the new one.

This was announced back at E3. :D

There are currently no plans to release it as a separate game. You get it straight away if you preorder digitally but if you preorder the physical release of The Fractured But Whole you get Stick of Truth at launch. I assume it will be a download code in the box.

This was announced back at E3. :D

There are currently no plans to release it as a separate game. You get it straight away if you preorder digitally but if you preorder the physical release of The Fractured But Whole you get Stick of Truth at launch. I assume it will be a download code in the box.

Cheers. Will have to pre-order digitally asap then haha

Aw, I was hoping for a physical copy so I could trade it in... OR... Get it on PC and let the missus have Stick to download on hers.

I liked playing it on Ps3 though... :'(

With the 3 month delay, I'm tempted to go digital and play Stick of Truth again for the 3rd time, that's how much I loved it.

Anyone know, or can guess whether we'll still get the censored version? Or will we get lucky and get the US version?

Anyone know, or can guess whether we'll still get the censored version? Or will we get lucky and get the US version?

Yeah, it's still censored.

This was playable at EGX this year, with the Noculus. Plays well, however the Noculus is something else. No other way to say it, when your character farts, you smell it. And it stinks.

Yes.

Yeeeeeeeeees.

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES!

Looks good.

It's great to have a firm release date. What could possibly go wrong now?

That's just brilliant. Really looking forward to this!

Can someone explain how that deals work now where you get the previous South Park game, too? I want both games. Do you have to buy them digitally in order to get both?

2 hours ago, Fierce_LiNk said:

That's just brilliant. Really looking forward to this!

Can someone explain how that deals work now where you get the previous South Park game, too? I want both games. Do you have to buy them digitally in order to get both?

I've been curious about this so I finally did a little bit of research...

It seems that if you pre-purchase it now - buy the whole game in advance - then you get a code for the digital version of South Park: The Stick of Truth for free, now? I think. :p

But if you wait for the physical version, then the code for the digital version will be in the box. :blank:

I know it's for free, which is nice but, I wish they had just made a physical budget version of the first game for PS4 and Xbox One as I would have bought it by now just so that I could have both games in physcial form, on the PS4.

For that reason, I'll be holding out but if we ever get confirmation that it's not happening, then I'll just buy the PS3 version the next time I see it cheap and pick up the new PS4 game, when the offer expires, or it's cheaper or if it comes with the code anyway then sell it or give it away. ::shrug:

I'm just particular with the way I collect games, if I can get it physical then I will. :)

I would say your best bet would be to pre-purchase the game digitally now so that both yourself and Ine can play the first game before the second comes out. :D You are going digital, right?

Edited by S.C.G

@Eenuh has bought me this for half-term. Hooray! I've used the code to download The Stick of Truth and will go through that first.

The Stick of Truth is fantastic. Really, really enjoying it at the moment and just find myself laughing at all of the little one-liners or nods to the tv series. It just feels like you're playing through an episode or season of the show. Can't wait to play The Fractured But Whole next. :D

• Like 1

The Stick of Truth is fantastic. Really, really enjoying it at the moment and just find myself laughing at all of the little one-liners or nods to the tv series. It just feels like you're playing through an episode of season of the show. Can't wait to play The Fractured But Whole next.
If you actually watch the show, the game actually follows on from the plot line and continues it, it's really clever (especially knowing how they write the episodes only and week before broadcast). I'm hoping they do the same with FBH.

3 minutes ago, bob said:
43 minutes ago, Fierce_LiNk said:
The Stick of Truth is fantastic. Really, really enjoying it at the moment and just find myself laughing at all of the little one-liners or nods to the tv series. It just feels like you're playing through an episode of season of the show. Can't wait to play The Fractured But Whole next. emoji3.png

If you actually watch the show, the game actually follows on from the plot line and continues it, it's really clever (especially knowing how they write the episodes only and week before broadcast). I'm hoping they do the same with FBH.

Last weeks episode was a kinda prequel to the FBH.

5 minutes ago, bob said:
45 minutes ago, Fierce_LiNk said:
The Stick of Truth is fantastic. Really, really enjoying it at the moment and just find myself laughing at all of the little one-liners or nods to the tv series. It just feels like you're playing through an episode of season of the show. Can't wait to play The Fractured But Whole next. emoji3.png

I watch the show, but haven't watched it in any sort of order for a long time. It's usually an episode here, then an earlier episode there and so on. Really tempted to go back to the beginning and watch it all from scratch and in order. Where does The Stick of Truth fit in?

Last weeks episode was a kinda prequel to the FBH.
Is that the one with the super hero franchise?
I watch the show, but haven't watched it in any sort of order for a long time. It's usually an episode here, then an earlier episode there and so on. Really tempted to go back to the beginning and watch it all from scratch and in order. Where does The Stick of Truth fit in?
I think it's the tail end of season 17 which ties into the beginning of the Stick of Truth. Some of the most recent episodes are brilliantly clever when referencing recent events - not sure how they'll hold up if you don't know what was in the news at the time though...

4 minutes ago, bob said:

Is that the one with the super hero franchise? 

Yeah. This weeks episode was hilarious. I completely lost it at Peppa Pig and then again at the end with the Hummels in the bag. 

Tempted to watch some of the football this afternoon and then a few episodes of South Park before and after playing The Stick of Truth. Really in the mood now.

Butters :heart:

Yeah. This weeks episode was hilarious. I completely lost it at Peppa Pig and then again at the end with the Hummels in the bag. 
I loved that rap song about life in the care home. I've found that South Park isn't as laugh out loud funny as it used to be, but it's a lot of the subtler jokes that get me.

1 hour ago, Hero-of-Time said:

I first lost it when Chucky Cheese vomited in the costume. Then the barbershop singing.