NEurope
Hero-of-Time

South Park: The Fractured But Whole

2 minutes ago, EEVILMURRAY said:

I first lost it when Chucky Cheese vomited in the costume. Then the barbershop singing.

Yeah, it was just a quality episode from start to finish.

2 hours ago, bob said:
2 hours ago, Hero-of-Time said:
Yeah. This weeks episode was hilarious. I completely lost it at Peppa Pig and then again at the end with the Hummels in the bag. 

I loved that rap song about life in the care home. I've found that South Park isn't as laugh out loud funny as it used to be, but it's a lot of the subtler jokes that get me.

Just checked out the rap that you were just talking about. Amazing!

Finished Stick of Truth earlier today.  For the first time playing it, it was a good game.  Now that's done, i can start Fractured But Whole and have a better understanding of it

18 hours ago, Fierce_LiNk said:

Spent hours on this today. Al fucking Gore! 

If you ever decide to face him. Save beforehand.

Who is on your team? I remember mostly using Butters, as Professor Chaos with a little bit of Kenny and Cartman used interchangably. I made my character a Thief for that extra sneaky feel.

8 hours ago, EEVILMURRAY said:

If you ever decide to face him. Save beforehand.

7 hours ago, bob said:
On ‎23‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 5:40 PM, Fierce_LiNk said:

Who is on your team? I remember mostly using Butters, as Professor Chaos with a little bit of Kenny and Cartman used interchangably. I made my character a Thief for that extra sneaky feel.

Oh, I had already done him before I posted that. Just did the quest when I got it and blitzed it. He's one of the more trickier bosses, but I overcame him in the end. Can't even remember who I had in my team. Probably Butters. I switched to Cartman towards the end. 

I've finished the game and absolutely loved it. Loved the battle system, the humour, the setting, the characters, the faithfulness of it to the tv show and just how bizarre it was at times.

Spoiler

The sex scene when you're battling the underpants gnomes. Just that whole section was hilarious. The music, too. 10/10 South Park.

• Like 1

Yup. That's a top tier scene. I always bring that battle up when talking about the game. It's absolutely hilarious.

Just now, Hero-of-Time said:

Yup. That's a top tier scene. I always bring that battle up when talking about the game. It's absolutely hilarious.

@Eenuh has seen me play through lots of this and was trying to play Dragon Age: Inquisition when I came to that scene.

Spoiler

Every time she looked over, my character was getting hit in the face with testicles or something like that. I couldn't stop laughing.

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, Fierce_LiNk said:

Oh, I had already done him before I posted that. Just did the quest when I got it and blitzed it. He's one of the more trickier bosses, but I overcame him in the end. Can't even remember who I had in my team. Probably Butters. I switched to Cartman towards the end. 

I died at this (Reveal hidden contents)

The sex scene when you're battling the underpants gnomes. Just that whole section was hilarious. The music, too. 10/10 South Park.

I went at him a lil bit weak the first coupla times. Then left it and came back. I could normally take out a couple but the third would just finish me off.

I had myself as a thief thing, just making people bleed from behind. Cartman doing anus magic, and I can't remember what I had nearer the beginning, but finished off using Butters going into Professor Chaos all the time.

I never really used those extra character power attack things - Jesus, Lu Kim, Mr Hankey, Mr Slave etc. Maybe Mr Slave a couple of times, but apart from that forgot about them.

On 10/25/2017 at 1:57 PM, somme said:

Is this one censored like the first? Hope not!

Nope, I remember them actually making a big deal out of the fact that none of it is censored.

• Thanks 1

I've put a couple if hours into this today and its as hilarious as the first game. The priests in the dark room, the transgender discussion, Jimmy as the Flash and more have had me in stitches.

Im not too sure on the battle system yet. I think I prefer the simplicity of the first games battles over this new set up.

Completed and platinumed the game this evening. I absolutely loved it.

I eventually learned to love the battle system after being lukewarm on it when I first started. It's more complicated than the previous game but it offers a lot more variety and depth on how you play. Quick tip, once you unlock the plant class start using that ASAP. It's healing and AOE attacks are very valuable on the hardest difficulty, especially at the end of the game.

The humour in game was so on point. It was like playing through a 20 hour episode of South Park and I lost count of how many times I had to pause the game because I was laughing too much.

There was one scene that featured a little gay fish ( that's his actual name ) and SeaMan & Swallow that involved saving the mum of the fish. The dialogue and mini game that follows....amazing. I was crying with laughter. :D 

The game is South Park through and through. It's sexist, racist, very topical and extremely vulgar. I wouldn't have it any other way. :p 

Ive played a fair few amazing games this year but none have had me laughing like this. Truly one of my favs of the year.

Edited by Hero-of-Time
  • Like 3

If you haven't been keeping up to date with the show the gay fish is:

Spoiler

Kanye West.

Completed and platinumed the game this evening. I absolutely loved it.
I eventually learned to love the battle system after being lukewarm on it when I first started. It's more complicated than the previous game but it offers a lot more variety and depth on how you play. Quick tip, once you unlock the plant class start using that ASAP. It's healing and AOE attacks are very valuable on the hardest difficulty, especially at the end of the game.
The humour in game was so on point. It was like playing through a 20 hour episode of South Park and I lost count of how many times I had to pause the game because I was laughing too much.
There was one scene that featured a little gay fish ( that's his actual name ) and SeaMan & Swallow that involved saving the mum of the fish. The dialogue and mini game that follows....amazing. I was crying with laughter.  
The game is South Park through and through. It's sexist, racist, very topical and extremely vulgar. I wouldn't have it any other way.  
Ive played a fair few amazing games this year but none have had me laughing like this. Truly one of my favs of the year.

Hands down the best game I've played this year. Truly worth the wait. I was crying with laughter on the police station level. Truly brilliant!

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Started this on Saturday and have apparently put 16 hours into it already. Where the fuck did that time go?!

Love it, obviously. It's just like a continuation of the first time and it basically feels like the next episode in a series. Captain Diabetes and Jimmy are the GOAT.

Spoiler

The sign outside that reads "Locally Sourced Girls" is just too fucking funny. I died.

5 minutes ago, Fierce_LiNk said:

Started this on Saturday and have apparently put 16 hours into it already. Where the fuck did that time go?!

Love it, obviously. It's just like a continuation of the first time and it basically feels like the next episode in a series. Captain Diabetes and Jimmy are the GOAT.

Yeah, They were both part of my team for most of the game as well. You must not be far off the end if you've put 16 hours into it. 

1 minute ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Yeah, They were both part of my team for most of the game as well. You must not be far off the end if you've put 16 hours into it. 

Spoiler

Just did the u-stor-it section where you fight the Chaos Minions and where you've got Professor Chaos' "mech-xicans". I guess 2/3rds of the way through?

2 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

You've still got plenty to do.

Woooooo! 

I often spend a lot of time just wandering around, looting houses, talking to the characters, etc. Trying not to miss anything.