NEurope

Reviews seem a tad disappointing. They love the aesthetic and charm but the actual gameplay/platforming is frustrating, especially later on. A case of style over substance ?

It's a mixed bag. Some say it's an amazing game, while others are getting frustrated.

I'm still picking it up ( not straight away due to Digimon ), regardless what the reviews are saying. Game looks fantastic.

Yeah given the small team behind this I was kind of expecting this. The world, character and emotional that so many Indie Teams are able to pull off but slightly lacking when it comes to the truly great platforming. Having said that, I love that they've at least created fantastic level design with everything built out of real world environments and not just platforms their for the sake of it etc...

Gonna get it regardless.

Crap, this also reminds me I haven't played Puppeteer yet.

I stopped reading reviews after the Alien: Isolation debacle.

This game looks great, wanted it as soon as I saw it :D

I stopped reading reviews after the Alien: Isolation debacle.

This game looks great, wanted it as soon as I saw it :D

I'm unaware of this debacle, my curiosity is piqued.

Definitely looking forward to this still, but not sure when I'll pick it up.

I'm unaware of this debacle, my curiosity is piqued.

Definitely looking forward to this still, but not sure when I'll pick it up.

It just got slated, by a lot of reviewers for a myriad of reasons such as; too slow, too long, too scary, not being able to kill the Xenomorph. The list goes on.

Odd, I thought it received mostly positive reviews. Though I mostly only checked Hardocp, and Jim Sterling. News to me that some people were paid to review a genre they apparently don't understand.

Loving this game. Just has a tangible and emotionally engaging quality throughout. At times it feels a little rough (like a first outing sometimes does), but this is forgiven due to the settings/scope/imagination shown. Playing this alongside Yoshi and seeing how different they take their source material has been interesting too. Love games that do something different and aren't afraid to show heart. This has it in spades.

I'm playing through this atm.

The first two levels were magical. The third, however, was utter shit. There's this really stupid "puzzle" involving a big log, a metal drum and a boulder (not even sure if you need the boulder) and you need to pull the drum in order to climb onto it to reach higher ground. The solution just seems utterly random and it's made my last hour and my playthrough of the third level to be unenjoyable. It's a shame, as the rest of the game was great.

Getting to the fourth level in the hub is a bit bizarre, too. It's actually muuuuch easier to get to the other levels (the ones that come after it) and it actually makes more sense to actually reach these stages first due to where they are. But, nope.

Edited by Fierce_LiNk

I played a bit more of this earlier and I'm back in love with it again. There's the odd frustrating puzzle or moment, but overall this game is a joy to look at, listen to and engage with. Beautiful, beautiful game. The locations are stunning.

The first level of Unravel is absolutely magical. Pure joy.

I didn't enjoy the second level as much, nor my first minute or two in the third, before turning it off until next time. Either I'm crap at working some of these yarn puzzles out, or they're just confusing/frustrating - possibly both. The box to catch all the crabs has me stumped... That is if it even is a puzzle to catch them. Sometimes I feel like I'm exploring/doing a puzzle only to find out it's the way I should be going/not what it's made out to be.

I got 5/5 collectables in the first level. Second level 2/5 without a clue as to where the others are. Can't express the joy I felt in that first level though. Now it's just beginning to feel a bit like a mildly frustrating platformer. I think I might need to slow my pace down in the levels.