NEurope
Cube

Sea of Thieves (XBO/PC) - New Rare game

On 08/08/2022 at 7:15 PM, RedShell said:

Yarr, 'tis International Cat Day! And the Lost Sea Cat has set sail!: :grin:

Qwqc58x.jpg

Tingle seems unsure about the name. :heh: But I think it perfectly describes my navigational ability on the Sea of Thieves. :laughing:

What have you made of the new update so far?

2 hours ago, Kaepora_Gaebora said:

What have you made of the new update so far?

I think it's pretty great, probably the best update the game has received so far. :)

The Sovereigns especially, that is such a fantastic QoL update, particularly for a solo pirate. Being able to unload/sell all of your treasure so quickly via the harpoons is just amazing! :cool:

Definitely a fan of the extra ship customisation too, although it's not quite as deep as I would've liked. You're still pretty limited by where you can place decorations, and a lot of stuff requires a crazy amount of progress to be made in the milestones to even unlock, or is exclusive to the larger ship types. :hmm: But yeah, it's definitely another step in a very good direction for the game.

How about you?

18 hours ago, RedShell said:

I think it's pretty great, probably the best update the game has received so far. :)

The Sovereigns especially, that is such a fantastic QoL update, particularly for a solo pirate. Being able to unload/sell all of your treasure so quickly via the harpoons is just amazing! :cool:

Definitely a fan of the extra ship customisation too, although it's not quite as deep as I would've liked. You're still pretty limited by where you can place decorations, and a lot of stuff requires a crazy amount of progress to be made in the milestones to even unlock, or is exclusive to the larger ship types. :hmm: But yeah, it's definitely another step in a very good direction for the game.

How about you?

I saw someone describe it as Sea of Thieves 2 and I think that's probably a fair assessment, but instead of Destiny and The Division making new games, they've just integrated it into the base game so as not to split the player base.

I'm miffed that all of the new milestones for pirates and ships aren't retroactive...but I've got some friends who are new to the game which will make going back through less of a schlep.

Really enjoying the war scars of battle still being on Debbie when I get back into a play session, and the sovereigns are great too I agree, makes cashing in alot easier!

Overall after a few months break I'm really enjoying being back on the seas, lots to catch up on and plenty to do! As always if you ever fancy doing a duo sloop let me know ☠️

• Thanks 1

The first ever Rare game to hit a Sony platform… history has been made.

Surprised that they couldn’t seem to get a version running on Switch, but I suppose it’ll probably make for a good Switch 2 launch title regardless.

Seems quite surreal that Rare are bringing one of their best games in recent years to a Sony platform.

Seems quite surreal that Rare are bringing one of their best games in recent years to a Sony platform.
It's pretty much the only game they've developed in recent years. Aside from the Battletoads reboot, which was itself 4 years ago.

They didn't develop the (awful) Battletoads reboot. 

It is strange that you can now buy more Rare games on PlayStation than on Switch. 

They didn't develop the (awful) Battletoads reboot. 

It is strange that you can now buy more Rare games on PlayStation than on Switch. 
They assisted the development I read so that's why I mentioned it, but yeah they weren't the main developers.