NEurope
Cube

Sea of Thieves (XBO/PC) - New Rare game

1 hour ago, Cube said:

I don't think I've ever been on a Brig. Just show me the ropes and I'll be fine. 

Edit: Also, do you in-game chat, party chat or use something else?

It's all the same stuff, just in different positions, so just about getting your bearings and also the extra set of sails too ☠️

I tend to use party chat when playing with my friend, the downside of that is you can't chat to other pirates on the seas, either to make friends, plead for mercy, or give them some talk of a ...swasbuckling nature...

1 hour ago, Kaepora_Gaebora said:

It's all the same stuff, just in different positions, so just about getting your bearings and also the extra set of sails too ☠️

I meant literally, the locations of the ropes. Most of my time has been on a Galleon. 

1 hour ago, Cube said:

I meant literally, the locations of the ropes. Most of my time has been on a Galleon. 

Oh, haha! 😂

If you've been a Galleon sailor a Brig will be a doddle for you I imagine, pretty similar just smaller and slightly more nimble!

Had a nice relaxing cruise to make sure everything still worked.

Nice and relaxing!

• Haha 2

22 hours ago, RedShell said:

I never seem to encounter those ancient skeletons anymore. :hmm:

Spoke too soon! :D

And with that lucky ancient skeleton (plus some of the season reward coins) I'm now the proud owner of a pirate cat named Tingle! :laughing: Do they do anything? Apart from eating your fish and looking adorable, that is. :hehe:  Would be hilarious if they helped out in combat, a la Monster Hunter. :grin:

Something else pretty lucky happened yesterday actually, I'd just started a session and had set sail when I suddenly noticed a sparkle on the outpost, did a 180 and went back to discover a chest and 2 books inside it! There was nobody else around so I nabbed 'em and cashed it all in. Must have been some good stuff too, as each book unlocked an achievement! :cool:

1 hour ago, RedShell said:

Spoke too soon! :D

And with that lucky ancient skeleton (plus some of the season reward coins) I'm now the proud owner of a pirate cat named Tingle! :laughing: Do they do anything? Apart from eating your fish and looking adorable, that is. :hehe:  Would be hilarious if they helped out in combat, a la Monster Hunter. :grin:

Something else pretty lucky happened yesterday actually, I'd just started a session and had set sail when I suddenly noticed a sparkle on the outpost, did a 180 and went back to discover a chest and 2 books inside it! There was nobody else around so I nabbed 'em and cashed it all in. Must have been some good stuff too, as each book unlocked an achievement! :cool:

Haha sadly they don't, purely cosmetic only those animals, cute though 😎

Oh yeah the Tome's, they are an RNG collectible, you get an achievement for each "new" one you get, and then an extra one for all 5, and there's...4 sets in total? Not sure what they do apart from achievements, though, think there's some pedestals you can put them on 🤷‍♂️

• Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, RedShell said:

@Cube & @Kaepora_Gaebora, I just sent you guys a friend request (I think :hmm:) so if you see Meownolito pop up, that be me. :hehe:

Added you back. I think I'm going to head online in about 20 minutes if you want to join up a bit earlier.

9 minutes ago, Cube said:

Added you back. I think I'm going to head online in about 20 minutes if you want to join up a bit earlier.

I’m on now but just about to wrap up. Earliest I’ll be back online is 8pm.

Thanks for the game yesterday @Cube & @Kaepora_Gaebora, was good fun. :) I learnt some useful stuff too, like being able to harpoon other players (must be super handy in the arena) and that you can buy keys from the woman outside the pub.

You guys are definitely more experienced pirates than me, as demonstrated when I blew up our ship while trying to harpoon some treasure but accidentally getting a gunpowder barrel instead. :laughing: Unfortunately I didn't get a capture of that moment (was laughing too much :hehe:) but here's a clip of you two being competent pirates, while I play with my cat: :heh:

:peace:

Haha, thanks for capturing my impressive lunge off the ship and gliding through the water! 😎

Was good fun, enjoyed that last night, even if you did try to blow us to hell 😂 I've played this game for more hours than I care to admit and I'm learning new things all the time, I love how it doesn't hold your hand and you can learn from doing, or from other pirates, then pass the knowledge along!

I'd be up for carrying on our Tall Tales or trying something different, let me know if you guys fancy another voyage across the seas ☠️

I should say @RedShell and @cube if you ever see me online and I'm joinable, you're more than welcome to just join my ship and see what I'm up to ☠️

If I'm sailing with my girlfriend or friend I'll be in a maxed out party, but other than that I only ever do closed solo sailing, never join up with a random, so there will always be a space on my boat 👍

• Thanks 1

well ain't that the truth! I'd say well deserved but I haven't played any of the other game's that were nominated; still for me I've had such a blast playing this the last year, it's nice to see it recognised and make you think you're not the only one!

• Like 1

in case anyone missed it who might be interested, or wants to watch it again like I had to 😂

I enjoy the original lore they've created themselves in SoT so my initial reaction was one of trepidation, but the more I've read up on it the more it sounds like this isn't just tagging it on, more like a proper integration. 

Either way new locales, enemies and Tall Tales makes this actually quite exciting. I'm sure I'll be playing it next week so you don't have to, anyway 😂☠️

Edited by Kaepora_Gaebora
  • Thanks 1

Looks great. :cool:

It's amazing how much this game has evolved over time and continues to do so. I really hope they're able to keep it running for as long as possible.

16 hours ago, RedShell said:

It's amazing how much this game has evolved over time and continues to do so. I really hope they're able to keep it running for as long as possible.

Do you still play this on a regular basis? What about you @Kaepora_Gaebora?

It's amazing how Rare were able to turn this around. It's a shame I will probably never get to play it. 

The thread title could probably do with a refresh.

• Haha 1

I really wish I could enjoy this more but the PvP stuff just got way too annoying. Never felt like I was making any progress before I got attacked yet again.

9 hours ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Do you still play this on a regular basis? What about you @Kaepora_Gaebora?

It's amazing how Rare were able to turn this around. It's a shame I will probably never get to play it. 

Not on a regular basis since "completing" it, but whenever I'm subbed to Game Pass I jump back in to check out what's new. :) It's the kind of game that you can take long breaks from and still return to later with no problem, in fact I'd say that's the best way to experience it really, especially if playing solo.

As for it being a shame that you'll probably never play it, well... based on what I know about your approach to gaming and the types of game that you like, I'm pretty certain you wouldn't actually enjoy it. Perhaps if you could get a decent/committed crew together, but no way as a solo pirate. :shakehead The game is one hell of a grind when played solo and it also gets more and more open-ended over time, definitely not the type of thing you can blitz through.

The achievements list alone will probably send shivers down your spine:

https://www.trueachievements.com/game/Sea-of-Thieves/achievements

I currently have 63 after 220-ish hours played. :heh:

6 hours ago, Happenstance said:

I really wish I could enjoy this more but the PvP stuff just got way too annoying. Never felt like I was making any progress before I got attacked yet again.

Playing solo I take it? They have improved things quite a bit in that regard with the season updates, you're pretty much always making some form of progress now, even when you get attacked and all your treasure gets nicked. :grin: But yeah, the PvP aspect can indeed be brutal.

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, RedShell said:

Playing solo I take it? They have improved things quite a bit in that regard with the season updates, you're pretty much always making some form of progress now, even when you get attacked and all your treasure gets nicked. :grin: But yeah, the PvP aspect can indeed be brutal.

No I've only ever played it with @Goafer

9 hours ago, Happenstance said:

It would be an amazing chillout game (on your own or with friends) if it had a PvE option. 

1 hour ago, Cube said:

It would be an amazing chillout game (on your own or with friends) if it had a PvE option. 

Yeah I could see myself playing loads of something like that.

@Hero-of-Time I don't play it as much as I did but I tend to keep dipping in and out now and then, although with this new update its reinvigorated me! 

Managed to get the gold hoarder course and solo to Athena Level 20 (the pirate legend rank) which was a hell of a grind, almost sucked the life out of it but worth doing (I guess 😂) I was mainly achievement hunting so when they said they were closing down arena not long after I got into that game mode and then didn't make it clear what was happening to the achievements, it left a really bad taste in my mouth (the achievements are now locked/unattainable but still count towards the gamer score, therefore you can't complete the game achievement wise now!)

Still, the good ship "Debbie McGee" has taken its first voyage on the seas this weekend so will see where the wind takes her!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Yarr, 'tis International Cat Day! And the Lost Sea Cat has set sail!: :grin:

Qwqc58x.jpg

Tingle seems unsure about the name. :heh: But I think it perfectly describes my navigational ability on the Sea of Thieves. :laughing:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1