NEurope
Dog-amoto

Gears of War 4 (11th Oct)

Looks like it runs fine now. This test was just done today.

oh cool. I may have time to fit it in before 4 is out.

My copy of Gears 4 just arrived. First one I'll be playing properly (only made it about an hour into Gears 1).

Unfortunately the Xbox store is struggling to redeem my codes for the previous games. Only 2 and Judgement have worked so far.

I'm hoping my copy should ship soon, I pre-ordered it and paid for it from Tesco months ago because it got me the game for around £28... :)

In the meantime, there's a Did you know? Gaming video for the Gears series which I thought was worth a watch...

Chuffed to bits Karen saved Hoffman. The guy is amazing in the books, especially during the battle at Anvil Gate. Killing him off wouldn't have sat right with fans.

Guys, anyone up for some Horde later in the week? My gamertag is in my bio, hook a brotha up!

I fired the campaign up for this today and have just finished it now. Brilliant stuff.

I was quite worried with how things would play out in terms of the story and wondered if the gameplay would feel stale. These fears were completely washed away not long after starting.

The new characters are great. I thought I would miss the banter between Marcus, Baird and Cole but JD and company are just as good. I found the chatter between these guys having a lighter tone than all the back and forth in the original games.

The start of the game is a brilliant nod to those who have read the books and played the other games. I was absolutely loving finally getting to play in the Pendulum Wars.

The final couple of acts of the final chapter had me grinning like a Cheshire Cat. :D I won't spoil it for the couple on here who may play it but....man, it was awesome.

As a Gears fan I'm more than happy with this outing of the franchise and I can't wait to see how the next part of this new storyline plays out.

I sat and played the various online multiplayer modes most of last night. I was kicking all kinds of butt with the Gnasher. I ended up getting the most kills in a few matches, as well. Looks like i'm not as rusty as I thought I was going to be. It felt great playing these modes again, especially King of the Hill.

I love the Dodgeball game mode. You have a team of 5 players and if a player on your team dies the only way they can spawn is if you kill one of the opposition. It can get quite frantic when you're the last man standing and have to get that kill to turn the tide of battle. Good times.

I'll be putting some more time into this over the weekend. Can't wait.