NEurope
Dog-amoto

Gears of War 4 (11th Oct)

New characters, so much dark. Not too hyped by the trailer if I'm honest

Cutscene voice for notbaird sounded very much like Nolan North, "gameplay" voice sounded modulated. Also saw a bit of slowdown which is always a bit sad for a scripted bit of gameplay.

Otherwise, looks like business as usual.

I thought this looked a bit bleeeeh, tbh. Very low key and just not very exciting.

Hmm. Big Gears fan, though not played the prequel, and online died during 2 for me(ISP issues). Clearly they were just on a stage about building up atmosphere, which is great and all...but is E3 really the place for that? People want action, overall view of what to expect. Seems an odd choice, though no doubt the bame will be great. Not that I have an XO...

That's actually a pretty great cover, and the marines look a little more reasonably proportioned. Been playing Ultimate Edition recently, and I'm struck at how uneventful the entire campaign is. You get combat fatigue because there's almost nothing to do but go through a string of arena fights with a small variety of enemies. You get combat fatigue by the end of it, especially since you work out the fairly simple tactics needed to dispatch any combination of enemies early on. It was always fun in coop but there's been ten years of genre innovation since that game came out, so I'm hoping they've got some new ideas. I'm liking the direction The Coalition seems to be taking the series in so far - a little more atmospheric, centered around light horror elements, without squad chatter that seems as though it could have been lifted straight from a CoD chat lobby.

Very much hoping it comes to PC as hinted recently if they don't totally fuck up the port this time.

I thought this looked a bit bleeeeh, tbh. Very low key and just not very exciting.

The section they chose was total garbage, but as dark as it was you could see from the environments that they made some changes to the aesthetic design. Architecture looked more gothic than the bombed out neoclassical buildings from the first trilogy.

I'll get this so long as it comes out on PC. Still nostalgic for those good 'ol times back when the N-E crew used to tear it up online very night.

I quite liked some of the set pieces they had in the original trilogy, but yeah all the stuff in between felt very samey. All the environments and level design were very good I though. Some very memorable moments.

So just preordered this on PC, going to coop the shit out of the campaign. Anyone else getting the PC version? Think I might hit up the multiplayer as per usual so long as I can find a good squad to roll wit.

So just preordered this on PC, going to coop the shit out of the campaign. Anyone else getting the PC version? Think I might hit up the multiplayer as per usual so long as I can find a good squad to roll wit.

Tempted...does it matter that I haven't played the previous games?

The plot isn't that complicated. Alien's attack the world. Humans resists.

I'll be playing this for the first time after having only played about an hour of Gears 1 but from everything I've heard it seems like a good jumping on point.

Buy the ultimate edition of gears 1, pretty sure you get all the other games for free, including Judgment.

Buy the ultimate edition of gears 1, pretty sure you get all the other games for free, including Judgment.

You do with Gears 4 as well.

Shame, as it's worth a play. I :heart: Baird. :D

alot of that stuff is a moving target with updates it new ones sort it out i will get to it.