• Perfect Dark Zero
  • Viva Piñata
  • Jetpac Refuelled
  • Viva Piñata: Trouble in Paradise
  • Viva Piñata
  • Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts

Great value, just not what I wanted.

Edited by Cube

Its one of those collections where its obviously really good value and I'm sure a lot of people will like it but I just dont have any real love for Rare or any of their games.

These seem to be the games in Rare Replay

Xbox 360:

• Viva Piñata: Pocket Paradise

Great value, just not what I wanted.

Viva Pinata Pocket Paradise was a Nintendo DS game. Is the inclusion in your list just an error?

Hmm the backwards compatibility and Oculus link-up sways me back into XBone wantage.

It's so hard to decide!

Viva Pinata Pocket Paradise was a Nintendo DS game. Is the inclusion in your list just an error?

Mistake, it's just the first one.

I don't understand why the backwards compatibility is such a big deal. It's almost certainly going to be limited and not 100% perfect like the Xbox emulation on 360. Not to mention it's over 2 years late. Such a waste of resources.

I was thinking I might start regretting my PS4 purchase after Microsoft's conference, they've shown nothing to make me wish I had a Xbox One instead though.

God I wish I got an xbox one instead... This is a crazy deal and so tempted to buy one....

I don't understand why the backwards compatibility is such a big deal. It's almost certainly going to be limited and not 100% perfect like the Xbox emulation on 360. Not to mention it's over 2 years late. Such a waste of resources.

You also can't just put an old game in and play it, as you have to wait for the entire game to download.

You also can't just put an old game in and play it, as you have to wait for the entire game to download.

Wait...what? Download not install? Put in the disc and then have to download a game you obviously own at that point?

That's a bit ridiculous, as oppose to say...downloading the necessary parts for the game to run. The discs are DVDs so I'd assume the Xbone can read them.

Wait...what? Download not install? Put in the disc and then have to download a game you obviously own at that point?

Core parts of the engine are likely recoded to make it work. It's not powerful enough to emulate 360 games, and it's not close enough to run them properly with no modifications.

I thought it was a very decent showing by Microsoft, but there's not enough there to tease me into getting an XboxOne. The one game which has me worried is Tomb Raider, I better be able to play it on the PS4 at some point.

Nice to see Rare come out with something new. I wasn't sold on its concept, but it's good to see them out there.

I think it's already been confirmed its a timed exclusive.

God I wish I got an xbox one instead... This is a crazy deal and so tempted to buy one....

If I was you i'd trade in the PS4. You hate it so it makes sense.

My take:

Seemed like a conference aimed at keeping old 360 fans. BC was the biggest talking point by far. But its too little too late! PS3 dropped its BC at this point. BC for the xbone launches end of year hopefully with more than the current 15 games announced(over 2 years late). They should have done this at launch...

Games: Mixed bag. Halo and Gears are no doubt great but the lack of other major new franchises is showing. The hardware wekaness is also getting worse with first party games struggling to stand out. No major 3rd party publisher debuted any game at this conference. Not COD. Not fallout etc. Dark Souls 3 was there. Tomb Raider didnt demonstrate anything getting excited for. Rare looked cool. Will they deliver though? The best stuff were BC( even if crazy limited) and the Rare collection.

Other stuff: A new controller was announced (3rd xbone controller variant). Why? It also costs $150... Some weird stuff with holo lens and VR. They clearly are going big in with holo but next year presumably. Nothing meaningful on Win10. Peter Moore and co. leaving defo has had a big effect! imo.

Overall: It doesnt seem like MS are sure what their strategy is.

Edited by Choze

Other stuff: A new controller was announced (3rd xbone controller variant). Why? It also costs $150.

Where'd you see that? The price.

They announced a game that looked neat. "Recore", I think. Featured a girl and a robot dog. Made by Inafune.

That's pretty much the only thing that caught my attention during this conference.

That price is obscene. I was actually interested in getting one for PC games, but I think i'll stick with my DS4.

That price is obscene. I was actually interested in getting one for PC games, but I think i'll stick with my DS4.

Apparently that price is pretty much on par with most moddable controllers out there at the moment.

What's truly insane is something I found out just last week that MS still sells wireless controllers that take batteries and sell a rechargable upgrade kit for $25....Which by the way includes this latest model. Fucking obscene they get away with this. Sony had it in 2006 and even Nintendo's main controller is now rechargable.

I wonder...if MS made a handheld they'd probably require a couple 9-volts and have a $30 upgrade.