NEurope
Cube

Microsoft E3 Event Discussion

Backwards compatibility. That's actually... pretty awesome. Like, I could buy an Xbone now.

I thought it seemed like a good conference for MS fans but lacking in big suprises that could bring people across. Backwards compatibility is always interesting but one of those features that you realise you dont actually need a lot when you have it.

360 compability. Game changer!!

MS just gave 360 owners a great reason to upgrade to XB1

It was OK.

Then again, not really aimed at me. Personally, I think that Beyond Eyes game was the most intriguing of the lot.

I would gladly buy and Xbox One and spend £10-£15 each for enhanced ports of Jet Force Gemini and Blast Corps (like the great versions of BK, BT and PD) or other Rare games.

The collection of emulated titles pretty much confirms that this won't happen this generation (or ever), which is a colossal disappointment for me.

It was alright, Rare Collection is a good deal (funny how most of the games shown were N64 games). Backwards compatibility has me intrigued, but I'm sure it'll be a case by case thing with most games never getting support just like the 360's BC and then just being forgotten.

Sea of Pirates looks cute and I'm glad they took Rare off of the Kinect leash, but honestly I couldn't care about the game. It didn't strike me at all, and 'Shared-World Adventure game turns me off a bit as well.

Fable Legends looked...strange.

The Rare Collection is the sort of reason I picked up an Xbox for so looking forward to that.

Just got a message that I'm in the Beta for Geara Ultimate edition! No idea if everyone gets that, but excited none the less!

I thought it was a very decent showing by Microsoft, but there's not enough there to tease me into getting an XboxOne. The one game which has me worried is Tomb Raider, I better be able to play it on the PS4 at some point.

Nice to see Rare come out with something new. I wasn't sold on its concept, but it's good to see them out there.

The Gears demo was underwhelming. Too dark and the dialogue was boring.

Backwards compability was able gamechanger I think. If it supports the vast library of games I think those 360 gamers still on the fence could now upgrade.

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/backward-compatibility/available-games

Current backwards compatible games:

Banjo Kazooie: N n B

Banjo-Kazooie

Banjo-Tooie

BattleBlock Theater

Defense Grid

Geometry Wars Evolved

Hexic HD

Jetpac Refuelled

Kameo

Mass Effect

Perfect Dark

Perfect Dark Zero

Small Arms

Super Meat Boy

Toy Soldiers

Toy Soldiers: Cold War

Viva Piñata

Viva Piñata: TIP

So, most of them are from the Rare collection.

Is that it?

To start with, yes. I don't think it's quite as simple as them being able to just "turn them on".

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/backward-compatibility/available-games

Current backwards compatible games:

Banjo Kazooie: N n B

Banjo-Kazooie

Banjo-Tooie

BattleBlock Theater

Defense Grid

Geometry Wars Evolved

Hexic HD

Jetpac Refuelled

Kameo

Mass Effect

Perfect Dark

Perfect Dark Zero

Small Arms

Super Meat Boy

Toy Soldiers

Toy Soldiers: Cold War

Viva Piñata

Viva Piñata: TIP

So, most of them are from the Rare collection.

Well that sucks.

Its the same as they did for 360 with the original xbox and it just ended up drying up. I expect the exact same thing to happen here.

Nothing to tempt me into buying one but a fair bit to enjoy and be happy about if you're already a One owner I think.

Its the same as they did for 360 with the original xbox and it just ended up drying up. I expect the exact same thing to happen here.

During the presentation they said it was just up to the publishers to say yes and then they can push a button to enable it. I hope that's true. Xbox emulation on the 360 was a nightmare and barely worked.

I honestly cant see what you are talking about

It scrolls back before he makes his hand do the motion for it to scroll back