NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Konfucius

Satoru Iwata talks Revolution again

In an interview with the newspaper Sankei Shimbun Iwata talked about the Revolution.

He stated that he doesn't want to miss the high sales at the end of the year (sorry for the crappy translation) and therefore the Revolution will launch in the US before Thanksgiving.

At E³ he'll show a nearly finalized Revo.

source: gamefront.de

So I guess we have to wait longer than many of us - at least I - wanted to believe.

What about europe :(

Nintendo's stance: Europe? What is this Europe you speak of?

I assumed it would launch in PAL territories in 2007.

Now, I'm almost sure of it.

Probably Late November/Early December for Europe.

If we get it this year i think we will be lucky, its a shame we always come 3rd when it comes to hardware launches :weep:

I think we'll see it in PAL territories in time for Christmas, along with a DS redesign. It'll go into direct competition with the PS3 that way and as it is released at christmas it stands a good chance of being that hot christmas toy, there's always less hype about things released in spring or autumn, regardless of what they are.

September-December worldwide is what I'm anticipating.

If the DS is of any indication, we'll propably see the revolution sometime March 2007. The release dates he mentioned here are strikingly similar to those of the DS. But at least we can tell that they're not sure of their plans for Europe yet, and they said they're going for a near world-wide release.

I'm hoping for christmas in Europe and Japan. If they want to get those 'high sales' then they'd be stupid to miss out. Apparently Thanksgiving generates more sale in America than Christmas does... If Nintendo hit both these holidays, then they'll be laughing.

Yeah, deep down in my heart of hearts I had secretely hoped of getting a Revolution this winter, before Christmas. I thought it might even be kinda likely but I didnt want to get to set on it... although I kind of am.

Im not now though, I think Nintendo will try their hardest to target Japan and America this year and let us wait til March like with DS. Its sad but it will happen. :cry:

Grosen: We wish to make the gap between releases of titles for the GCN in America and Europe as small as possible.

Then Animal Crossing takes two years...

Yup, to Nintendo, a worldwide launch means Japan and North America.

I know Lik Sang will be happy.

the only thing we can hope for is a shock europe first release, otherwise 2007 here we come, or the import shop either way and with US games being cheaper anyway importing might be my way this time around?!

I guess we will have it by february. 14 weeks is the maximum length of time they are looking at. They may well release it a few weeks before Thanksgiving (they don't want Launch + Thanksgiving overlapping, = uber over demand).

Ideally I imagine they want sales to come back down to earth a bit by Thanksgiving.

I would see US, Europe, Japan to make the most sense, if they have the ability to keep up with demand.

US september/October

Europe October/November

Japan November/December.

If they can't deal with demand I imagine US will be October/November, and europe in December/January

It´s already been said that the Revo will come out before 2007. God you people nag so much about it that it´s like your are hoping that it will happen...

yeah i am sure they said a worldwide release within 8 weeks so when exactly is thanks giving?

yeah i am sure they said a worldwide release within 8 weeks so when exactly is thanks giving?

That would be November through December if they plan to hit the market by thanksgiving and stick to a two-month plan. I recall, however, that the release was planned to be in 16 weeks or something, making it November 2006 through February 2007 release cycle...

The dumbest thing Nintendo could do at this point is to enter the European market around the same time as the PS3... We'll see how that plays out.

They said 14 weeks and revo needs to launch a month before PS3 in all territories.

I'm still confident we'll see it this year. Being a cheap, quiet console makes it easy to produce (far, far easier than a 360 anyway). A worldwide release in 2006 is easy.

They said 14 weeks and revo needs to launch a month before PS3 in all territories.

Did they say it, or did you just say it? Elaborate!

well it might not be that easy to make. they might be using revolutionary technology to achieve the quiet small requirements which could make it a "fiddely" job to mass produce.

Does anyone know if the revolution will have the same plug socket as the gamecube so if we import a rev we can use the GC plug,like we did with the Sp chargers and our US DS's

well it might not be that easy to make. they might be using revolutionary technology to achieve the quiet small requirements which could make it a "fiddely" job to mass produce.

Neh, producing powerful cutting-edge technology is much more difficult than having to fit it all in a box. They have machines to do that, nothing revolutionary to it.

Sign in to follow this