NEurope
Hero-of-Time

Metroid Prime: Federation Force (3DS)

4 player online co op game in the mitred universe, with a 3 v 3 sports game thrown in. I'm really interested in it to be honest!!!

But again, the rage is more than this game, it's the build up, it's the expectancy, we though DKCR2 was going to be a new wii u metered, we've been expecting a proper 2d metered on the 3DS, and we get this... Alonsgide a new Retro Wii U metroid and it'd be accepted more I'd imagine.

The thing is, you would expect fans to realise that Nintendo come up with some ideas and slap on an IP, which is very likely what happened with this. They're acting like this was made instead of a new Wii U Metroid Prime.

The thing is, you would expect fans to realise that Nintendo come up with some ideas and slap on an IP, which is very likely what happened with this. They're acting like this was made instead of a new Wii U Metroid Prime.

Wait, so Zelda: Tri Force Heroes isn't being made instead of Zelda WiiU!?

People on the internet tend to be pretty dumb sometimes, you just gotta ignore them sometimes.

(Still have no interest in this game, but only because I don't like shooters)

4 player online co op game in the mitred universe, with a 3 v 3 sports game thrown in. I'm really interested in it to be honest!!!

But again, the rage is more than this game, it's the build up, it's the expectancy, we though DKCR2 was going to be a new wii u metered, we've been expecting a proper 2d metered on the 3DS, and we get this... Alonsgide a new Retro Wii U metroid and it'd be accepted more I'd imagine.

I agree with this and also the sentiment that Nintendo are giving us the completely wrong game for a series that they know their audience is very fond of.

I'm still baffled at this. Just dreadful, really.

In no way shape or form is this a Metroid Game. I'm all for games making shifts look at Resident Evil 4, the recent Tomb Raider even Other M. This is just not even close to being in the same vein as those.

Treehouse is really selling this game to me, far more than the trailer. It doesn't even look all that bad in the levels they're showing.

It doesn't even look all that bad in the levels they're showing.

I imagine this is going on the box art.

Treehouse is really selling this game to me, far more than the trailer. It doesn't even look all that bad in the levels they're showing.

Did they show the actual game or just the blast ball? I think it'll be great fun, if it's a proper campaign even better - they they say anything about structure?

Did they show the actual game or just the blast ball? I think it'll be great fun, if it's a proper campaign even better - they they say anything about structure?

They showed the actual game

Looks so cool, can't see what all the negativity about it is. 4-player online or local co-op blast-em up.

Looks so cool, can't see what all the negativity about it is. 4-player online or local co-op blast-em up.

Negativity is because they called it Metroid Prime when it's "not a Metroid game"

I remember when people were up in arms that Nintendo gave a no-name studio Metroid and they turned it into a first person shooter. People are so reluctant to change.

Negativity is because they called it Metroid Prime when it's "not a Metroid game"

I remember when people were up in arms that Nintendo gave a no-name studio Metroid and they turned it into a first person shooter. People are so reluctant to change.

My issue with it is that there was no real need to call it Metroid. This could have easily been a new IP but instead it's had Metroid slapped on it. It seems like a desperate attempt to gain favour.

I think the game is ugly as sin. It looks to lack any real polish. Someone on Gaf done a comparison to Metroid: Hunters on the DS and its crazy how much better the art direction in that game is.

Finally, Metroid football. Really?

I have zero issue with changes being made in games but, as I said earlier, this seems like a desperate attempt to shove a Metroid game out.

But didn't Next Level Games actually pitch that they wanted to make a Metroid game? Surely this is actually it?

You can be disappointed in it, for sure, but it makes me think it wasn't tacked on. It's just not what people wanted. They wanted Prime Wii U or a 3DS sidescroller.

But didn't Next Level Games actually pitch that they wanted to make a Metroid game? Surely this is actually it?

You can be disappointed in it, for sure, but it makes me think it wasn't tacked on. It's just not what people wanted. They wanted Prime Wii U or a 3DS sidescroller.

This is a far cry from the pretty stylish art that was shown a while back. It probably worked like a lot of Nintendo games, where a concept was conceived and then a franchise tacked on to it. I imagine one of the higher ups from Nintendo went to NLG and said "You wanna do a Metroid game, NLG? Then do something with this. "

This is a far cry from the pretty stylish art that was shown a while back. It probably worked like a lot of Nintendo games, where a concept was conceived and then a franchise tacked on to it. I imagine one of the higher ups from Nintendo went to NLG and said "You wanna do a Metroid game, NLG? Then do something with this. "

Na, this is an idea Tanabe has said he's wanted to do with the Metroid Prime series for 10 years and thanks to the New 3DS, he's finally able to do it.

Na, this is an idea Tanabe has said he's wanted to do with the Metroid Prime series for 10 years and thanks to the New 3DS, he's finally able to do it.

He's wanted to make Metroid Football for 10 years? Dude has lost the plot. :D

He's wanted to make Metroid Football for 10 years? Dude has lost the plot. :D

Think he meant Federation Force more :p

I wonder if he realised that idea he had 10 years ago would turn out to be so "warmly" received

The graphics on it are just so bad, if it looked a bit more polished it might have been more warmly received, although really its the metroid nobody wanted at all - a 2d or 3d adventure on the 3DS has been craved since (Fusion)and (Hunters) and thats ignoring the obvious console iteration that's so desired

Info dump from Gaf

All info I could find from interviews etc

- use the second stick on the New 3DS to look around

- game also runs on the regular 3DS

- Blast Ball could serve as a replacement for a traditional tutorial

- concept for the game has been floating around for 10 years now

- single player mode

- no four against four player matches

- co-op four player mode where you fight as a team against space pirates

- three major planets

- roughly 10 different missions on each planet

- areas for you to look around and explore

- no visor scanning

- a mission involves Metroids

- Samus will make an appearance

- move around in mechs that are outfitted before each mission

- choose to be more of a “healer” by equipping repair capsules

- arm yourself with super missiles

- game is overseen by Nintendo’s Yoshihito Ikebata and Ryuichi Nakada

- 4-player co-op first-person shooter set in the Metroid Prime universe

- local and online muliplayer

- requires 4-player squads to complete different kinds of missions

- missions have different objectives (for example; trying to capture certain kinds of creatures)

- missions start with briefings

- select different kinds of items and weapons to take into combat with you

- this includes Repair Capsules to Shield Generators to Missiles to Slow Beams

- music done in-house at NLG, along with Kenji Yamamoto.

Info dump from Gaf

Been telling people the blast ball is just a tutorial to get used to controls on GameFAQs, but I just get ignored so people can continue raaaaaaaaaging.

I will be buying two copies, so I can co-op with my bro. Same with Tri-Force. Was glad when I heard Woolly Yoshi Wii U was co-op, too. Keep up the co-op 3DS games please! Hurry up with thew new Monster Hunter and FFE, FFCC too. Surprising how few co-op games for 3DS there is.

Been telling people the blast ball is just a tutorial to get used to controls on GameFAQs, but I just get ignored so people can continue raaaaaaaaaging.

I will be buying two copies, so I can co-op with my bro. Same with Tri-Force. Was glad when I heard Woolly Yoshi Wii U was co-op, too. Keep up the co-op 3DS games please! Hurry up with thew new Monster Hunter and FFE, FFCC too. Surprising how few co-op games for 3DS there is.

Apparently you can't play Triforce Heroes in 2 player co-op.

You can play the newest Zelda game alongside two other people. You can play it by yourself. But you can’t, according to director Hiromasa Shikata, play Zelda: Triforce Heroes with a party of two.

Bad news for anyone who was hoping to plow through the co-op dungeon game—announced for 3DS during Nintendo’s conference on Tuesday—with a single friend or significant other. There’s an optional mode that lets you play against one or two other friends, Shikata says, but the new Zelda is mostly comprised of deep, intricate dungeon levels that require parties of either one or three.

I guess I'll be playing that one solo then. :p

One of the things that makes a great multiplayer game is when it's flexible about how many players there are - 1, 2, 3 or 4, it shouldn't matter. When I think back to the most multiplayer fun I had in gaming - Gauntlet, Double Dragon, Golden Axe, Streets of Rage - it didn't really make any difference how many of you there were or what abilities each player had. It was just for fun.

This, to me, is what holds the multiplayer Zeldas back. Because Zelda is about puzzle solving, they keep that in the multiplayer ones. In my opinion, they'd be better without it. Whilst I enjoyed Four Swords on GameCube, that was mainly because it was just a great celebration of 2D Zelda, with the best graphics and music we've seen in the top-down games.

But really, when I played the DSi version, I saw the folly of the whole idea. Carrying other Links about, activating this, activating that... it honestly would be much more fun as a 1-4 player action game - inspired by Zelda, but not limited by it. I can just imagine it now - everyone discussing who's going to use Fire Arrows, who's going to use Ice Arrows etc, then going through the levels together and fighting the enemies. I think it'd be more fun than having to co-operate in such specific and restricting ways.

But does it have voice chat? And no, I'm not deliberately doing this to stir up the Splatoon incident, but they were clearly communicating their strategies amongst each other during the Tree House demo. I mentioned before that because this is clearly running on the Hunters engine, it should surely support voice chat

Apparently you can't play Triforce Heroes in 2 player co-op.

So solo or not at all for me. Urgency has gone from day one to "whenever" now. *forces cheery grin* Umm, thanks Nintendo!

Basically another screw you like the CUBE one "no multiplayer unless all have GBA plus link" yet lets you play single with joypad. Getting annoying now.

Edited by Mr_Master_X2